**Official 76ers 2023-2024 Season Thread**

mr_hunt

i don't think anyone is saying they want derozan...just that it's a very sixers-like move to make. 

2 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

nah.

He still has a year left on his deal so only way is if he asks to be traded. That said he’s not leaving LA when his son is going to USC to play next year. People should really just heavily put money on return to the lakers

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i don't think anyone is saying they want derozan...just that it's a very sixers-like move to make. 

Morey made a bad deal with harden however he also was trading a deteriorating asset in Simmons who had a ton of warts and flaws. Derozan doesn’t make sense cause he’s 34 and doesn’t space the floor. So you are getting rid of your best 3 point shooter and a young rising star type player to get a guy who hits around 30ish percent?

I think the sixers have done some dumb things in their time but i don’t think morey is dumb enough to trade a 22 year old maxey who is the one consistent guys that can space the floor and is young for a 34 year old that’s on the last year of his contract. I could see tobias going for him if the bulls are just trying to get out of the contract and want another expiring contract in exchange. I don’t remotely see the sixers willing to trade maxey for a 34 year old, declining defender and always been a bad 3 point shooter. Derozan just adds to the sixers issues of having poor spacing. I don’t think morey is bad enough at his job that do that deal. I could see moron colangelo doing it cause derozan was his guy in Toronto. 

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Morey made a bad deal with harden however he also was trading a deteriorating asset in Simmons who had a ton of warts and flaws. Derozan doesn’t make sense cause he’s 34 and doesn’t space the floor. So you are getting rid of your best 3 point shooter to get a guy who hits around 30ish percent?

I think the sixers have done some dumb things in their time but i don’t think morey is dumb enough to trade a 22 year old maxey who is the one consistent guys that can space the floor and is young for a 34 year old that’s on the last year of his contract. I could see tobias going for him if the bulls are just trying to get out of the contract and want another expiring contract in exchange. I don’t remotely see the sixers willing to trade maxey for a 34 year old, declining defender and always been a bad 3 point shooter. Derozan just adds to the sixers issues of having poor spacing. I don’t think morey is bad enough at his job that do that deal. I could see moron colangelo doing it cause derozan was his guy in Toronto. 

hopefully morey wouldn't. 

anyway, maxey for a wing could make sense if they're on a harden/embiid win now timeline...it's a huge area of need.

even do maxey + tobi for a wing...although idk if adding tobi helps or hurts. 

33 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yeah I’m not dealing maxey for a 34 year old derozan on the last year of his contract. That’s a bad trade that’ll haunt them forever. Add on defensively he’s been mediocre to even below average the last couple years. This is the last four years for derozan defensively 

Id add he doesn’t help you with spacing the floor as he’s a poor 3 point shooter. He’s a career 29.1% shooter. 

I mentioned before, I'm not a fan of the move either but I haven't looked into the other options yet to see any other alternatives that seem to fit their MO.  Any idea what other wings are available this offseason?  If they bring Harden back, I'm pretty certain they are going to force some move like this

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

anyway, maxey for a wing could make sense if they're on a harden/embiid win now timeline...it's a huge area of need.

Oh, I agree they should trade Maxey if they can get a legitimate wing. I actually made that argument a couple days after they were eliminated assuming they manage to keep harden. It makes sense because that’s what they need badly. To be honest the guy that fits better is Zach Lavine but I don’t think the bulls are gonna trade him. Although I think the bulls are foolish if they believe he’s going to be the number 1 guy that leads them to where they want to go. I think he is likely the second best or third best player on a championship team. The bulls really need to just blow that whole thing up and just start over from scratch because they’re just stuck in a purgatory. 

10 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

I mentioned before, I'm not a fan of the move either but I haven't looked into the other options yet to see any other alternatives that seem to fit their MO.  Any idea what other wings are available this offseason?  If they bring Harden back, I'm pretty certain they are going to force some move like this

Have to go look at teams that are on the decline and willing to move guys. With the new CBA rules coming into place there’s rumors teams are gonna try to deal some guys over the next couple seasons  so they don’t get hit with some of the taxes and restrictions. It’s not a great FA class. Next year’s has the potential to be better. 

i tend to think the bulls want to move derozan but also don’t want to get into contracts that aren’t expiring in a deal. They likely want to free up cap for the 2024 offseason to make a splash. 

Tbh love to get O.G. Anunoby. However i don’t think the sixers have enough to get him in a deal. 

26 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

we'll take jaylen!

2 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

we'll take jaylen!

If the sixers knew they could get brown in 2024 free agency I’d wait for him cause he’d give you a maxey, brown and embiid pairing which is really good. Problem is i think he goes elsewhere if he reaches FA and he’s likely being traded this offseason so have to compete with a team that can give him 5 year max after next year.   

Wonder if theres a slim chance we can get someone pretty cheap due to teams wanting to make sure they are under that arpon with the new CBA.

That goes for established stars, as well as guys like the spurs young players who maybe the dont want to extend yet so they can pair up a superstar with Wemby.

2 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

Tobi would be a sweetener in any deal at this point. That massive expiring contract is an asset to any team.

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Wonder if theres a slim chance we can get someone pretty cheap due to teams wanting to make sure they are under that arpon with the new CBA.

That goes for established stars, as well as guys like the spurs young players who maybe the dont want to extend yet so they can pair up a superstar with Wemby.

I was listening to a couple of national podcasts about the new cba (when it came out with the news pertaining to new apron rules), there’s a general belief that in this off-season, next, and even 2025 that teams are going to try to do that to not hit some of these restrictions and get under the apron

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I was listening to a couple of national podcasts about the new cba (when it came out with the news pertaining to new apron rules), there’s a general belief that in this off-season, next, and even 2025 that teams are going to try to do that to not hit some of these restrictions and get under the apron

yeah. so...maybe there is some surprise waiting for us that doesnt seem realistic at the moment.

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

yeah. so...maybe there is some surprise waiting for us that doesnt seem realistic at the moment.

Surprise could be that doc rivers is a finalist for the suns job lol 

Wonder if we can send Embiid to Houston along with Harden for that 4th pick, and more of course.

The Houston Rockets are well known to be suitors to sign James Harden in free agency. Outside of Harden, Houston has their sights set on several other free agents as well.

The Rockets plan to target unrestricted free agents Brook Lopez and Dillon Brooks this summer. Houston will also look to negotiate with restricted free agents Austin Reaves and Cam Johnson too.

The Rockets are also expected to entertain trade offers for the fourth overall pick in the 2023 NBA Draft. If Houston is going with win-now players in free agency, they may look to move that pick, along with young players, to bring in more veterans via trade.

8 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Trust me bro 

11 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

Trust me bro 

Eh gambo actually legitimately has sources. He has worked out here for nearly 30 years and when it comes to things that pertain to the suns he’s actually pretty accurate. Would also make sense  as morey has a preexisting relationship with nurse from his houston days. That said lot of rumors out here that suns want nurse. I’m guessing nurse is likely the top candidate for bucks and possibly the suns. Tend to think he’d choose Phoenix or bucks over sixers 

Gambo actually was one of the first people to say the suns were gonna interview doc. 

19 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

I'd trade Harris for him but that's about it. 

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

I'd trade Harris for him but that's about it. 

Is Harden still here? If so, probably pass

20 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Is Harden still here? If so, probably pass

I was gonna go into that aspect. I really don’t think they are a good fit together. Imo we’d still have spacing issue cause derozan isn’t a good 3 point shooter. Yes he’s a better overall player than Harris but he’s not an ideal fit either. 

was looking at potential trade partners for the sixers if they were willing to deal maxey for a wing. Toronto i could see OG being traded. There’s been rumors in the past. but imo sixers don’t have enough and if they somehow did you’d likely have to take a bad contract back to get Toronto to do it. 

i think a team that’s very willing to make trades is atlanta. I think they’d likely be ok unloading Hunter since he seemingly is always hurt (outside of this year) and i think anyone is on the table besides young on the hawks. Also murray has a year left so i tend to think he’s gone once that contract ends. They are gonna get shafted on those picks they gave the spurs for him. Not sure maxey and Harris gets it done and not sure maxey fits with young. I’m not a maxey is going to be elite guy, but i tend to think he has the highest ceiling long term out of all those guys and still cheap for a year.

Also murray and Hunter were really bad defensively this year. I tend to think that’s more of an outlier for murray based off his rest of his career. Hunter jury is out cause was competent 2 years ago but got worse the last 2 years. also don’t think either is good enough as 3 point shooters to really solve the sixers problems with embiid and harden 

• Like 1

Wouldn't mine clearing as much space as possible and trying to land Reaves and Cam Thomas.

Maybe Dillon brooks on the MLE.

With Embiid that's a nice team. 

https://www.rightstorickysanchez.com/the-good-oconnor-mike/052423

And for 10 years, all we’ve had are losers – or at least non-winners. Nerlens Noel. Jahlil Okafor. Ben Simmons. Markelle Fultz. James Harden. Tobias Harris. Joel Embiid. Be it play style, off court habits, or simply their mental makeup, this team has brought in loser after loser, and so, it’s no surprise that they have a rotten culture. 

What’s worse, the team has repeatedly bent over backwards to appease these losers. Ben Simmons wants his brother to be his shooting coach? Sure thing! He doesn’t like Jimmy Butler? No problem, he’s gone! Tobias Harris isn’t sure about re-signing? Let’s do a backdoor favor to sign his brother to the G-League team. Doc Rivers tries to hold James Harden accountable and doesn’t hand him the keys to the offense? OK, he’s out.

This pattern needs to stop; the Sixers need to stop bringing these types of players in, or if they do, they need to establish the organizational infrastructure to keep them in check. 

If that means taking a step back from contender status and letting Harden walk, so be it. I’m fine with the Sixers no longer being a pseudo-contender; I just want to watch a team that won’t quit when it matters most as everyone points the finger at someone else.

• Like 3