**Official 76ers 2023-2024 Season Thread**

mr_hunt

4 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Bud INVENTED adjustments coaches still use today. I think there is a forum Kool Aide a LOT of you drink. Like a herd mentality. 🤣

giphy.gif

Wonder who is charge of adjustments 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

This is fine. When bud leaves and goes to coach elsewhere and his win percentage drops closer to what he was with atlanta I’d love to hear the argument. Doc and Bud had .653 and .693 win percentage. But yet we should go with bud cause bud’s win percentage which is .013 higher than doc for his career. Lol. 

Also Cassell is mentioned because of his work with maxey as a prospect. Who the heck do you think has been working with maxey to get him to the level he’s gotten too? Cassell. They’d never hire him cause he lacks experience that they want. he is likely going to get a team that needs player development. I much rather see Cassell than a guy like d’antoni. Bud  likely sees a significant drop in win percentage at his next stop not having giannis

interesting how the bucks would fire bud and yet interview an assistant with minimal HC experience 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why not Chris Quinn, former player and the lead assistant under the best coach in the league in Spoelstra? 

5 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Why not Chris Quinn, former player and the lead assistant under the best coach in the league in Spoelstra? 

Whoa whoa whoa. How can we say Spoelstra is the best coach in the league when Budenholzer has a better win percentage… 

I’m fine giving a highly qualified assistant the job but the sixers will never do it. Where they are as a franchise right now it’s gonna be a guy with experience which leads me to believe it’s either Williams, nurse, MDA or Bud. My money is on MDA 

• Haha 1

Sixers had 3rd best regular season record in 3 years under Doc Rivers and won a title as a HC. Last 3 years for doc 154-82 with an injury prone embiid, a washed harden, maxey and Ben Simmons in the first year. Budenholzer 155-81 with the best player on the planet in Giannis. Only difference here is Budenholzer was fortunate KD wears the wrong shoe size (purposefully wears his shoes 1 size larger) along with harden and kyrie being hurt in that series so it was KD vs. the bucks. KD damn near won it by himself cause Budenholzer had no clue how to double KD or put Giannis exclusively on KD. Similarly to this year where Budenholzer didn’t comprehend to put Giannis (when he returned) whose size, strength and length would give butler trouble. Instead he stayed course with holiday who got torched by butler all while Herro was out and they got beat by butler, bam, washed Lowry and JAGs

also point out Vegas has nick nurse as the favorite for the suns, sixers and bucks job. Tells you everything about how the nurse is viewed. He has ability to be a tactician and if they given star power like doc and Bud has been given likely can do more with it in the postseason 

• Like 1

If it is Bud just don't bother watching the Sixers for a while. I won't be watching Ja's dope ass for 50 games or so but still got Bane, JJJ, and @HazletonEagleboy LaRavia

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

If it is Bud just don't bother watching the Sixers for a while. I won't be watching Ja's dope ass for 50 games or so but still got Bane, JJJ, and @HazletonEagleboy LaRavia

I’d be pretty surprised if it’s not MDA. They wanted him 3 years ago but decided to settle on doc. MDA makes sense cause harden and morey are close with him and would write off on it. I believe 3 years ago there were reports embiid was ok with MDA. He has also been connected with the sixers organization in the past and ownership seems to like him. 

i tend to think nurse goes to the bucks or suns as better chance to succeed there. Which means it’s MDA, Williams, Budenholzer and Cassell. I tend to think the order it goes is 1. MDA, 2. Williams, 3. Bud and 4. Cassell. Not necessarily the order I’d have it 

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’d be pretty surprised if it’s not MDA. They wanted him 3 years ago but decided to settle on doc. MDA makes sense cause harden and morey are close with him and would write off on it. I believe 3 years ago there were reports embiid was ok with MDA. He has also been connected with the sixers organization in the past and ownership seems to like him. 

i tend to think nurse goes to the bucks or suns as better chance to succeed there. Which means it’s MDA, Williams, Budenholzer and Cassell. I tend to think the order it goes is 1. MDA, 2. Williams, 3. Bud and 4. Cassell. Not necessarily the order I’d have it 

And he's another POS who has never won crap so why not get him? It's what that f'ing team does. They couldn't win other places? Well, crap...bring them on...screw the definition of insanity

3 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

And he's another POS who has never won crap so why not get him onboard. It's what that f'ing team does. They couldn't win other places? Well, crap...bring them on...screw the definition of insanity

At this point fans have to pray to their gods Embiid asks for a trade this summer. Preferably before the draft. 

3 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

And he's another POS who has never won crap so why not get him onboard

Let me say it’s not who I’d go after. It’s just who i think they are going to get. I wouldn’t go after him. 

9 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Let me say it’s not who I’d go after. It’s just who i think they are going to get. I wouldn’t go after him. 

100% who they will probably get.

Sixers fans are excited they fired Doc until we realize the same a-holes who hired him are looking for his replacement

1 minute ago, Diehardfan said:

100% who they will probably get.

At +800 on DK, i put 25 on it. Payout is 225

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

At +800 on DK, i put 25 on it. Payout is 225

Easy money

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I see all the children are here. Let's see who they hire. Now go play with your nanny.

MDA & a returning harden is pretty much a worse case scenario in a post glenn era.

• Like 4

Stephen a. Smith saying like it is 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

First, I hate trading maxey, but I looked at it for a while now that after Joel Embiid is gone, the likelihood you win a title with maxey as you’re number one guy and just building around him is very slim. Likely the iggy and holiday sixers stuck in a purgatory. So if you’re going to maximize a championship window then he is likely the guy you have to trade to get a star player to put alongside Joel Embiid and harden if you keep him to try to win a title. It’s unfortunate but the reality. The reality is when you trade Joel Embiid and he’s gone would you rather just be stuck in the middle of the pack with Tyrese Maxey (with some picks that might or might not bring you another star) or would you rather just be completely bad to the point where you’re picking high enough to potentially get better stars?

Second, I love Kawhi Leonard. However, Kawhi Leonard can’t stay healthy. We don’t need more guys on this team that are unreliable when the playoffs start to stay healthy. If this was Kawhi Leonard Toronto Raptors and I knew that’s what I was getting him throughout the playoffs and he wasn’t gonna get hurt then I would do it. I think you’re gonna wind up getting a guy who consistently gets injured and then now you’re back to where you are because you don’t have reliable players in the playoffs.

Not an easy decision to make, I hear you. Early signs are pointing towards Harden coming back with Doc Rivers being let go and the frontrunner for the open HC position being Mike D'Antoni (although it's not logically the best move, it is predictable given the familiarity with Daryl Morey and James Harden). That being said, I think we go in the build around Embiid and Harden direction instead of rebuilding around Maxey.

I also understand the concern with Kawhi's injury history. What if the team traded for Damian Lillard instead? 

1481438440_ScreenShot2023-05-16at3_05_10PM.png.b601f936d4ffad00054703c15de8099d.png

4 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Not an easy decision to make, I hear you. Early signs are pointing towards Harden coming back with Doc Rivers being let go and the frontrunner for the open HC position being Mike D'Antoni (although it's not logically the best move, it is predictable given the familiarity with Daryl Morey and James Harden). That being said, I think we go in the build around Embiid and Harden direction instead of rebuilding around Maxey.

I also understand the concern with Kawhi's injury history. What if the team traded for Damian Lillard instead? 

1481438440_ScreenShot2023-05-16at3_05_10PM.png.b601f936d4ffad00054703c15de8099d.png

I like Damian Lillard. I just don’t see how you have enough defense that works with Harden and him. They’d be able to score and would have to try to outscore you. If you had more athletic wings to go along with lillard and Harden then I think it would work. But currently you have PJ Tucker and who the hell knows who the other starter is because Tobias Harris is getting traded. I also don’t think maxey, Harris and 2029 first is gonna get that deal done. 

also there’s Stephen a. Smith saying embiid isn’t happy they fired doc. Frankly he should look in the mirror cause he’s a significant reason why doc got fired. So if he’s unhappy about it then maybe be unhappy with himself. 

23 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Stephen a. Smith saying like it is 

I saw part of the quote the other day and liked it. Seeing the clip, its even better. That was awesome. 

• Like 1

I’m torn on whether the lottery will be rigged for charlotte or San Antonio

2 minutes ago, Gannan said:

You thinking they do Jordan a solid and ramp up the team value with Wemby when he's selling the team? 

7 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Spurs. Hornets are a crap run organization 

I’m thinking it’s houston. Big market and they probably love to have that market open back up

While Simmons couldnt develop under Doc, I do believe Embiid reached a new level. As soon as Doc got there he took a step, but was still too perimeter oriented. Then this season, yet another step. 

Im not shocked Embiid doesnt like it. 

He will have to get over it. Or hopefully request a trade.