**Official 76ers 2023-2024 Season Thread**

mr_hunt

47 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

There are a lot of articles written about the House contract situation from about 3 years ago.

The rockets were not going to have his full bid rights to match any offer. 

https://rocketswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/20/houston-rockets-danuel-house-contract-explained/

It sorta sounds to me like LA may not be able to match any offer over that 3/40 amount as well. 

The Lakers almost certainly will offer him the most they can at roughly four years and $50 million. It’ll be quite the surprise if that is all it takes to keep him in Los Angeles even if he has said he wants to stay in Southern California. More likely, his deal will be something closer to the four years and $94 million another team can offer him as a poison pill contract that the Lakers can still match.

No matter what the final total is, it’s a number that’s going to secure Reaves a payday so big that not even he believes it. In a recent piece by Melissa Rohlin of Fox Sports, Reaves talked about his upcoming free agency and the bag he’s about to secure.

All the articles I've read said Lakers can match any offer as long as they are willing to go over the luxury tax

49 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

The Lakers almost certainly will offer him the most they can at roughly four years and $50 million. It’ll be quite the surprise if that is all it takes to keep him in Los Angeles even if he has said he wants to stay in Southern California. More likely, his deal will be something closer to the four years and $94 million another team can offer him as a poison pill contract that the Lakers can still match.

No matter what the final total is, it’s a number that’s going to secure Reaves a payday so big that not even he believes it. In a recent piece by Melissa Rohlin of Fox Sports, Reaves talked about his upcoming free agency and the bag he’s about to secure.

All the articles I've read said Lakers can match any offer as long as they are willing to go over the luxury tax

I see.

Usually the luxury tax isn't an issue for some teams.  It's when you get over the cap apron that you become hard capped and really can't do anything.  That's what teams want to avoid. 

yeah, i know it would probably mean taking a step back next season...but i just can't imagine another 3-4 years of harden getting older, fatter, slower, & even less effective. the team is already brutal to watch. 

• Like 3

Tobias is an awesome dude off the court but the guy who can’t count on the deeper in the playoffs you get. 
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

yeah, i know it would probably mean taking a step back next season...but i just can't imagine another 3-4 years of harden getting older, fatter, slower, & even less effective. the team is already brutal to watch. 

Agree but you hope he wants to go to a contender and not the Rockets. If is the Rockets, Sixers are done as a franchise for a few years as well. 

I really am not trolling when I say I would trade Embiid. The process era is over and time to clean slate. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Agree but you hope he wants to go to a contender and not the Rockets. If is the Rockets, Sixers are done as a franchise for a few years as well. 

I really am not trolling when I say I would trade Embiid. The process era is over and time to clean slate. 

That is the biggest issue the Sixers have. If he goes to the Rockets, he’s just gonna sign there. They’re not gonna do a sign and trade because they have the space to sign him. And the rockets owner hates Daryl Morey so he’s not going to help the Sixers out. You have to hope he wants to go to a contender that doesn’t have a max slot and needs to trade something back to the sixers to make it work in a sign and trade. 

that said i tend to think it’s rockets or sixers. If it’s the rockets the sixers are likely Fed and embiid asks out in 2024. If he chooses the sixers then you strongly have to consider finding a way to get a legitimate second star here. Only way that happens is likely by trading Tyrese Maxey to try to get a legitimate second star in here. Love maxey but i don’t think he’s ready to be that and he has limitations. Plus if you blow it up and build around maxey i definitely don’t think he’s a top tier star but also good enough that it prevents you from picking high enough to likely get that star and cost you draft picks cause even with the sixers protections of 1-6 with Okc and 1-8 with the nets they likely convey  

Not gonna defend harden on this and he was his own worse enemy shooting and passing up some drives where he had shots. but the pics and there’s a lot more of these that the offensive spacing was an issue all series besides game 5. Can’t have maxey and tucker sitting in the corner on one of them and the other maxey on the block and tucker a few feet away. Not making adjustments to mazz insertion of Williams into the starting lineup and stuff like this is why i was ok with doc getting canned 

• Sad 1

The bucks replacing budenholzer with doc would be hilarious 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Tobias is an awesome dude off the court but the guy who can’t count on the deeper in the playoffs you get. 

My problem is with the Sixers giving him a machine contract. 

I don't blame him for taking it. 

He's an above average player getting paid like a superstar 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

I’ve hated the tobias Harris move since they’ve traded for him. I said it then and I’ll say it now, if Jerry west is calling you saying hey you want this guys then hang up the phone and walk away. If Jerry west thinks a player is expendable and not needed on a championship roster then you should also think that. Same with if howie calls about trying to make a trade. You are likely going to lose that trade so you probably should just walk away. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

That's how I feel about it -- can't blame Tobias for taking the money. And he does seem like a legitimately great guy. I don't dislike him at all, but I want him off the team.

59 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

morey should be fired for this.

he either let an unsigned player dictate a coach's firing....or wanted to keep glenn as coach until harden pushed for his firing. either way...fire morey. 

my god the harden/morey combination is toxic af....get them both outta here. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

my god the harden/morey combination is toxic af....get them both outta here. 

If Harris didn’t have a V he’d put his foot down to this. 

4 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

If Harris didn’t have a V he’d put his foot down to this. 

If Harris wasnt a **** owner we wouldn’t have had colangelo and likely in a fair better position to begin with 

13 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If Harris wasnt a **** owner we wouldn’t have had colangelo and likely in a fair better position to begin with 

Someone like Cuban would have told Silver to go to hell and kept Hinkie. Harris caving to the pressure doomed this franchise.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Someone like Cuban would have told Silver to go to hell and kept Hinkie. Harris caving to the pressure doomed this franchise.

The 30 for 30 when it comes out is gonna be fascinating. Cause you know someone is going to talk crap about Harris being a p***y in that situation. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Yeah but I’m gonna win 225 when it happens so that’s cool. Can’t believe his odds are +800