Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official 76ers Offseason Thread**

Featured Replies

  • Replies 13.8k
  • Views 423.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

He's a better prospect than Springer who we were all waiting to develop. He's shown enough flash for me to give him a chance. The idea that we are worried how anyone at 16 in this draft will fit with the starters is laughable. 

Where did i mention starters? I mentioned contributing player. McCain isn’t going to be a rotation player as a rookie. He wasn’t a great defender in college. really for a team that’s win now mode due to where Embiid’s is in his career keeping the pick doesn’t make sense especially if you can get a future asset and clear cap space. I’ll be surprised if McCain is even on the sixers roster in 3 years if he’s not shown to be a rotational piece by year two simply cause they’ll want to move the cap space when he’s unlikely to play for nick nurse next year and who knows in 2025-26

 

 

7 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Yeah that was total freak luck. Maxey couldn't shoot a lick coming out of Kentucky. He developed his shot. Look at drafts like 2013 (where we foolishly traded away Holiday) which is closer to this one where there were like 4 NBA quality players in the entire draft. 

Cant counter with outliers. Good starters get found in mid rd 1 all the time, it just comes down to development

knecht sounded dumb as a rock, but ill take the 6-5 wing scorer over a 6-2 guard

6 minutes ago, Gannan said:

He's a better prospect than Springer who we were all waiting to develop. He's shown enough flash for me to give him a chance. The idea that we are worried how anyone at 16 in this draft will fit with the starters is laughable. 

Worrying about fit doesn’t mean anyone was expecting him to start.  If he can’t play with Maxey, you are putting a cap on his potential playing time. Maxey plays a ton of minutes and games.  

I can already see that the complaining about his nails and Tik Tok account are going to annoy me way more than either of those things themselves.

 Can this guy run the second unit?

1 minute ago, Khani1 said:

 Can this guy run the second unit?

2.2 assists per 36. No...

1 minute ago, ToastJenkins said:

Cant counter with outliers. Good starters get found in mid rd 1 all the time, it just comes down to development

knecht sounded dumb as a rock, but ill take the 6-5 wing scorer over a 6-2 guard

Sometimes they are. We have no idea that he won't be any good. We also dont know that Knecht or DaSilva will even be relevant. I'm just saying that writing him off as a bad pick is premature and worrying about how at #16 in a crap draft class is going to play with established starters is foolish. I'm willing to wait and see. Im hoping he can be a guy that can come in off the bench and hot some 3s...which he might.

 

4 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

Worrying about fit doesn’t mean anyone was expecting him to start.  If he can’t play with Maxey, you are putting a cap on his potential playing time. Maxey plays a ton of minutes and games.  

If he spells Maxey in the playoffs and scores 10-15 points off the bench, its a great pick at 16 in a bad draft class. 

1 minute ago, Dave Moss said:

 

Butler gonna make him cry

Just now, 20dawk4life said:

Butler gonna make him cry

Butler is done, man

  • Author

 

1 hour ago, Shepard Wong said:

Worrying about fit doesn’t mean anyone was expecting him to start.  If he can’t play with Maxey, you are putting a cap on his potential playing time. Maxey plays a ton of minutes and games.  

I wanted to Walter for the reason he is a good defender that could give you that aspect as a rookie for 5-10 mins off the bench by year’s end. And he’s an above average shooter who should get better over time. He might not be a great defender initially at the NBA level, but he has the length, size and even good enough athleticism to be that guy. I’d bet Toronto in their presser alludes to him being their next OG. 

Frankly, the only guy I think is ready to contribute as an actual rotational guy day one in the NBA is Dalton knecht because he’s 23 years old. he’s physically ready, has the experience and frankly i think he’s likely destined to just be a solid role player. That said keeping the pick and having a kid just sit on the bench as your 11th or 12th man taking up the cap space isn’t where the sixers are at. This isn’t an attack on McCain it’s more you are spending $4 mil in cap space on a rookie who likely doesn’t play. And year two another $4 mil in the hopes he can play. 

  • Author
5 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

I can already see that the complaining about his nails and Tik Tok account are going to annoy me way more than either of those things themselves.

I'm old. I need some time to adjust. 

He’s only 20. Maybe we get lucky and he grows another 3 inches.  

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

2.2 assists per 36. No...

Which is what they said about DiVincenzo when he was drafted. Wasn't fast. Assists were low. Shooting wouldnt translate to the NBA.

1 minute ago, Gannan said:

If he spells Maxey in the playoffs and scores 10-15 points off the bench, it’s a great pick at 16 in a bad draft class. 

If he can score 15pts in the handful of minutes Maxey doesn’t play in the playoffs, he’d be the best bench player in the NBA.  That said, I like the pick.  Even from strictly an asset point of view, I think McCain on a rookie contract  will have far more value than that pick held before tonight.

Just now, Shepard Wong said:

If he can score 15pts in the handful of minutes Maxey doesn’t play in the playoffs, he’d be the best bench player in the NBA.  That said, I like the pick.  Even from strictly an asset point of view, I think McCain on a rookie contract  will have far more value than that pick held before tonight.

Well Nick Batum scored 16. The Celtics won by having a whole roster of guys who can shoot and score on any given night. 

This is why I said I think they want to trade that pick. They were trying to trade out of that pick. I don’t buy Morey’s bs at his presser. You love that kid that much the pick is in immediately. The thing is they likely don’t want a kid who’s gonna be the 11th or 12th man on their bench as a rookie and nick nurse won’t play cause he’s young (council played when guys got hurt or blowouts) making $4 million taking up that cap space when they know he’s not going to help them win next year and maybe not in 2025-26. i think they’d prefer extra space to add guys that can contribute now. 

 

I will say that I have followed nbadraft.net for years and when they give someone a 9 in shooting, that is an incredible adulation. 

25 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

I can already see that the complaining about his nails and Tik Tok account are going to annoy me way more than either of those things themselves.

Too bad. How many good players do you see with distractions like that social media BS? They are out working on their game not choreographed crap.

8 minutes ago, therealdawk said:

I will say that I have followed nbadraft.net for years and when they give someone a 9 in shooting, that is an incredible adulation. 

Was this for our pick?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.