Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official 76ers Offseason Thread**

Featured Replies

What are the odds Morey and the Sixers try to sell us on the idea of KCP and Klay Thompson? 

  • Replies 13.8k
  • Views 423.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

No stars want to come here and Morey drafts a gay tik toker who loves to paint his little nails every day, instead of working hard, over a really good player in Knecht. This franchise is in free fall.      

Just get a retro Van Horn jersey dude

  • Author

people are saying that mccain is hard worker & has a high bball iq....good to hear.  

I went to youtube to begin convincing myself that McCain is the next Kyrie. And then I remembered why I stopped watching his highlights after about 2 minutes and that was my entire exposure to him. He literally just shoots 3s.

I hoped to see some sick handles. Even if hes not athletic, I wanted to see some crafty ways he would beat defenders to get to his spots on the court, get to the basket without blow by speed... unfortunately he did none of that. There is 0 play making ability for himself, or especially for anyone else. He literally just shoots 3s. 

I wanted to begin coming around on the pick today. I didnt even start this mission with an open mind- I started it biased towards thinking ok Im going to like this guy today. 

And it still didnt happen.

 

The Seth Curry comp also doesnt fit. Seth proved he could be more than a shooter. Seth was crafty with the ball and had a surprising ability to create his own shot off the dribble that we saw in Philly. McCain doesnt do those things. He shoots from deep because thats where he has space. Or he gets assisted shots from others. 

  • Author

did you see any good vids about flat earth while you were on there?  

Just now, mr_hunt said:

did you see any good vids about flat earth while you were on there?  

Maybe in the flat earth world, McCain is actually a great prospect. I think youre going to make me convert. 

  • Author

mccain & council are gonna light up the g-league and you're all gonna feel really dumb. 

Here are the possible outcomes. 
 

1. We keep him, he is a bust. 
2. We trade him in a package for someone who still doesn’t get us near Boston and he becomes a top 50 player in 3 years. 

Id like Morey to make a trade today. Need something exciting. Doesnt even have to be big. Ill settle for taking a solid player in to cap space and gaining a 1st from it because some team wants to get under the tax, or cap, or something. Doesnt have to be our big star move.  Just someone better than who would be available on the free agent market.

21 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I went to youtube to begin convincing myself that McCain is the next Kyrie. And then I remembered why I stopped watching his highlights after about 2 minutes and that was my entire exposure to him. He literally just shoots 3s.

I hoped to see some sick handles. Even if hes not athletic, I wanted to see some crafty ways he would beat defenders to get to his spots on the court, get to the basket without blow by speed... unfortunately he did none of that. There is 0 play making ability for himself, or especially for anyone else. He literally just shoots 3s. 

I wanted to begin coming around on the pick today. I didnt even start this mission with an open mind- I started it biased towards thinking ok Im going to like this guy today. 

And it still didnt happen.

 

The Seth Curry comp also doesnt fit. Seth proved he could be more than a shooter. Seth was crafty with the ball and had a surprising ability to create his own shot off the dribble that we saw in Philly. McCain doesnt do those things. He shoots from deep because thats where he has space. Or he gets assisted shots from others. 

Watch ja’kobe Walter. I feel like he’s a prospect you’d like. 

13 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Here are the possible outcomes. 
 

1. We keep him, he is a bust. 
2. We trade him in a package for someone who still doesn’t get us near Boston and he becomes a top 50 player in 3 years. 

3. He retires from basketball after he has an allergic reaction to using a specific type of nail polish remover. Then opens up his own nail salon safety school. 

  • Author

i'm gonna wait until free agency actually begins before i bury morey....but that's just me. :whistle:   

Just now, mr_hunt said:

i'm gonna wait until free agency actually begins before i bury morey....but that's just me. :whistle:   

Bootlicker!

  • Author

 

:worthy:   

9 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i'm gonna wait until free agency actually begins before i bury morey....but that's just me. :whistle:   

I defended morey and the sixers plan to create as much cap space as possible for 2024 offseason cause it’s the only plan that gave them a slim chance at putting together a championship roster. Everything needed to bounce their way to have it be successful. However i just don’t see unless they have some big move they’ve kept completely under the radar from everyone to get themselves a roster anywhere close to Boston and frankly now the Knicks.  I kind of think they’ll sign guys like kcp and balloon some contracts so that if at the deadline or next offseason a star becomes available they’ll say they are in position to make the move. I tend to believe that they’ll say we like the roster but it’s July and it’s not the roster we will finish the season with. 

36 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I went to youtube to begin convincing myself that McCain is the next Kyrie. And then I remembered why I stopped watching his highlights after about 2 minutes and that was my entire exposure to him. He literally just shoots 3s.

I hoped to see some sick handles. Even if hes not athletic, I wanted to see some crafty ways he would beat defenders to get to his spots on the court, get to the basket without blow by speed... unfortunately he did none of that. There is 0 play making ability for himself, or especially for anyone else. He literally just shoots 3s. 

I wanted to begin coming around on the pick today. I didnt even start this mission with an open mind- I started it biased towards thinking ok Im going to like this guy today. 

And it still didnt happen.

 

The Seth Curry comp also doesnt fit. Seth proved he could be more than a shooter. Seth was crafty with the ball and had a surprising ability to create his own shot off the dribble that we saw in Philly. McCain doesnt do those things. He shoots from deep because thats where he has space. Or he gets assisted shots from others. 

FWIW:

 

 

  • Author
6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I defended morey and the sixer plan to create as much cap space as possible for 2024 offseason cause it’s the only plan that gave them a slim chance at putting together a championship roster. Everything needed to bounce their way to have it be successful. However i just don’t see unless they have some big move they’ve kept completely under the radar from everyone to get themselves a roster anywhere close to Boston and frankly now the Knicks.  I kind of think they’ll sign guys like kcp and balloon some contracts so that if at the deadline or next offseason becomes available they’ll say they are in position to make the move. I tend to believe that they’ll say we like the roster but it’s July and it’s not the roster we will finish the season with. 

boston's roster is sick & there's no way to put something like that together in one offseason. i just hope they can improve...hell, just using the tobi $$$ on a player other than tobi should help a lot. :lol: 

59 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

What are the odds Morey and the Sixers try to sell us on the idea of KCP and Klay Thompson? 

95%  and it's going to be a disgusting contract 2 for 60 or something stupid 

Calvin Booth said yesterday, "I think we’ll be OK, if KCP doesn’t return” 

7 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

boston's roster is sick & there's no way to put something like that together in one offseason. i just hope they can improve...hell, just using the tobi $$$ on a player other than tobit should help a lot. :lol: 

The problem i see developing is, embiid is going to get knocked out in the second round again and see they can’t build the roster to compete around him and ask out. Frankly you can build a roster like Boston except the Sixers have mismanaged assets and made dope decisions with their cap space. I said after they signed Horford and Tobias and let Jimmy go they blew their chance at an nba title. Hate saying it but the sixers pissing away assets and making a crap ton of mistakes is really hard to overcome. The fact they are a top 4 team in the conference (when Embiid is healthy) is a credit to Embiid being Embiid and muscala hitting a game winner so we could draft a kid like maxey. Was thinking about this last night go back to when they started the process and make a mistake and hit list. The mistakes have to be at least 6-7 times longer. It’s pretty remarkable we sit where we do with the amount of F ups this franchise has had. 

52 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Just get a retro Van Horn jersey dude

 

gettyimages-1465064-612x612.jpg

2 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

95%  and it's going to be a disgusting contract 2 for 60 or something stupid 

Calvin Booth said yesterday, "I think we’ll be OK, if KCP doesn’t return” 

If they do it, there’s no way Embiid sits that and doesn’t say F it i want out. I know he’ll give them 2024-25 but you can see him asking out at the end of the season when they get bounced by the Knicks or Celtics 

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If they do it, there’s no way Embiid sits that and doesn’t say F it i want out. I know he’ll give them 2024-25 but you can see him asking out at the end of the season when they get bounced by the Knicks or Celtics 

I wish he would have done that this off season. 

  • Author
11 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The problem i see developing is, embiid is going to get knocked out in the second round again and see they can’t build the roster to compete around him and ask out. Frankly you can build a roster like Boston except the Sixers have mismanaged assets and made dope decisions with their cap space. I said after they signed Horford and Tobias and let Jimmy go they blew their chance at an nba title. Hate saying it but the sixers pissing away assets and making a crap ton of mistakes is really hard to overcome. The fact they are a top 4 team in the conference (when Embiid is healthy) is a credit to Embiid being Embiid and muscala hitting a game winner so we could draft a kid like maxey. Was thinking about this last night go back to when they started the process and make a mistake and hit list. The mistakes have to be at least 6-7 times longer. It’s pretty remarkable we sit where we do with the amount of F ups this franchise has had. 

could happen...and that would force a rebuild. it's gonna happen eventually. 

i agree that they've f'd up royally with turrible moves in the past. this is the "clean slate" offseason so we'll see what they come up with. but expecting a super-team like boston in 1 offseason is a little unrealistic, imo.  boston has had tatum & brown since 2017 and this year were finally able to put a great roster around them. 

17 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

FWIW:

 

 

Jared shot over 60% at the rim unassisted so he has the ability to create rim pressure 

On the off chance they sign George to a max, how much space would that leave them with to bring in another guy? It's like 15 mill right? And then it would need to be vet min players and any exemptions they can get?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.