Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official 76ers Offseason Thread**

Featured Replies

IMG_7053.jpeg

38 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I dont see how trading all of the spacing from PG and VJ for Giannis is good for the team. And then Giannis and Embiid clog up the paint and restrict Maxey even more to being just a jump shooter.

I hate the Giannis fit for this team. Isnt there anyone else?

I can probably live with McCain in that deal instead of VJ.

The only reason McCain kinda fell off is because of his injuries and now he has forgotten how to shoot. 6ers will ruin him by relegating him to G league and never giving him NBA minutes. May as well trade him instead of wasting his talent.

But Giannis?

  • Replies 13.8k
  • Views 422.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

IMG_7053.jpeg

Yeah...

PG has been an elite elite defender this season. But Giannis and Harris should be good adds there.

I suppose if it can be done for McCain, we arent losing much in that deal.

I still dont love the Giannis fit here....

I really dont feel we need to add another super star to this roster. And sure not one who is going to clog up spacing quite a bit, and also be so ball dominant.

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Yeah...

PG has been an elite elite defender this season. But Giannis and Harris should be good adds there.

I suppose if it can be done for McCain, we arent losing much in that deal.

I still dont love the Giannis fit here....

I really dont feel we need to add another super star to this roster. And sure not one who is going to clog up spacing quite a bit, and also be so ball dominant.

Knowing Morey, he’s gonna wanna go for a star. But I would actually use McCain in a trade that gets you over the top. Cause what I think is gonna happen is if you sign Grimes to an extension, I just don’t see how you’re gonna play him the minutes he needs to develop. Use what his value is before it drops even more. imo doesn’t need to be giannis but something that gives you another boost

8 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Knowing Morey, he’s gonna wanna go for a star. But I would actually use McCain in a trade that gets you over the top. Cause what I think is gonna happen is if you sign Grimes to an extension, I just don’t see how you’re gonna play him the minutes he needs to develop. Use what his value is before it drops even more. imo doesn’t need to be giannis but something that gives you another boost

agree

Wish there was some other star to go for if Morey wants to go Stah hunting.

They aren't going after Giannis or getting him you fools

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They aren't going after Giannis or getting him you fools

Go after him? Yes

Get him? No

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Go after him? Yes

Get him? No

Same thing lol

May be an image of basketball and text that says 'PROCESSING REBOOT JOEL EMBIID THIS SEASON ENSID Pislatlpba 21 January PPG RPG 27.2 December 8.1 25.9 November 8.1 22.3 October 5.3 17.3 5.3'

On 1/23/2026 at 7:57 PM, HazletonEagle said:

I dont see how trading all of the spacing from PG and VJ for Giannis is good for the team. And then Giannis and Embiid clog up the paint and restrict Maxey even more to being just a jump shooter.

I hate the Giannis fit for this team. Isnt there anyone else?

I can probably live with McCain in that deal instead of VJ.

The only reason McCain kinda fell off is because of his injuries and now he has forgotten how to shoot. 6ers will ruin him by relegating him to G league and never giving him NBA minutes. May as well trade him instead of wasting his talent.

But Giannis?

The Giannis trade talk is turning my stomach. I'd rather develop our young guys than get another often injured superstar whose best days are behind him.

I had no idea the Sixers had a game this afternoon.

Apparently, they didn't either...

I have no doubt the 6ers were exhausted from clearing snow around their mansions. Kinda unfair to make them play today.

Don't say it out loud. McCain may be a good player again. 2 games in a row.

PG has played an insane game in the second half

We aren’t extending Grimes. I wouldn’t be shocked if he was moved at the deadline. It may be beneficial for him because if McCain starts to get back to form, he isn’t get much playing time here to showcase himself for his next contract.

Hello no to Giannis. This team only needs a piece or two. Unless you move Joel (not happening), Giannis doesn’t fit here. He needs the ball in hands all the time. That’s not possible with Maxey, Joel, PG, and VJ. Even if PG goes, still not gonna fit here.

You know what's going to happen...... They'll trade VJ, he'll become the 2nd coming of Dwayne Wade and Giannis will tear his Achilles and never be the same. (with all of the calf issues he's having, you know it's gonna happen soon)

On 1/23/2026 at 3:53 PM, mr_hunt said:

y’all thought McCain would be the next Steph. we better pump our brakes a bit on vj.

Pump our breaks on VJ? LOL, get your vision checked. This isn't surprising coming from you. Your views have always been off.

3 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

You know what's going to happen...... They'll trade VJ, he'll become the 2nd coming of Dwayne Wade and Giannis will tear his Achilles and never be the same. (with all of the calf issues he's having, you know it's gonna happen soon)

Giannis likes Maxey....in other news, I liked Jordan. Move along now.

Grimes is out again? Hmmmm, it's starting to look more and more like he is on the trade block. If McCain plays well tonight, its a wrap. So Drummond, EG, and Grimes available probably. They signed Bassey so I wonder if Bona has any trade value? Need to keep him or Drummond to spell Embiid.

Oh boy

4 hours ago, Khani1 said:

Grimes is out again? Hmmmm, it's starting to look more and more like he is on the trade block. If McCain plays well tonight, its a wrap. So Drummond, EG, and Grimes available probably. They signed Bassey so I wonder if Bona has any trade value? Need to keep him or Drummond to spell Embiid.

Just saw a rumor that the 6ers have expressed interest in Brandon Ingram but view him as a secondary option if pursuit of a larger prize fails.

The suggested trade on the site which is not a report of an actual offer is Oubre, Grimes, and a future 1st, for Ingram.

Keeping George, keeping VJ, and even McCain and only giving 1 pick? Thats a yes for me.

I prefer this Ingram trade to any possible trade for Giannis.

17 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Just saw a rumor that the 6ers have expressed interest in Brandon Ingram but view him as a secondary option if pursuit of a larger prize fails.

The suggested trade on the site which is not a report of an actual offer is Oubre, Grimes, and a future 1st, for Ingram.

Keeping George, keeping VJ, and even McCain and only giving 1 pick? Thats a yes for me.

I prefer this Ingram trade to any possible trade for Giannis.

Sign me up for that one!

Back up point guard is a definite position of need. McCain is just getting back on his feet and isn't a great ball handler yet, VJ can bring the ball up at times but he isn't an actual point guard, Grimes looks lost or will get traded. Someone to spell Maxey so he doesn't have to play every game and all the minutes would be nice. Someone mentioned Jose Alvarado. Wouldn't mind that at all and may not cost much.

22 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Back up point guard is a definite position of need. McCain is just getting back on his feet and isn't a great ball handler yet, VJ can bring the ball up at times but he isn't an actual point guard, Grimes looks lost or will get traded. Someone to spell Maxey so he doesn't have to play every game and all the minutes would be nice. Someone mentioned Jose Alvarado. Wouldn't mind that at all and may not cost much.

Maybe that can be addressed on the buyout market too.

Usually we miss out on buyout guys because teams dont want to play with anyone here. But now there is the report that Giannis would like to play with Maxey. So maybe Philly finally has some gravity.

14 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Maybe that can be addressed on the buyout market too.

Usually we miss out on buyout guys because teams dont want to play with anyone here. But now there is the report that Giannis would like to play with Maxey. So maybe Philly finally has some gravity.

You think Dennis Shroder is attainable via trade? He would be an amazing pick up.

5 hours ago, Khani1 said:

You think Dennis Shroder is attainable via trade? He would be an amazing pick up.

Shroder is terrible down the stretch in games. That's why he keeps bouncing around the league he wears his welcome out real quick

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.