EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season thru Week 9 - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 44k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

These 4 PM games all suck. Good thing we have SNF soon!

Hey this cardinals falcons game is fantastic lol 

17 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Not gonna defend daboll. He’s an idiot for not saying can’t win big with Daniel jones from the start. Everyone knew that. But whoever in that organization that believes there’s not a quarterback out there that’s better than Devito should be fired. I have to believe that’s not just a daboll thing. I get they likely want to be bad but it’s ridiculous how inept he is and basically gives daboll and the giants offense no chance. 

Josh Dobbs, turning up to a city and starting off of a flight twice in 9 weeks, has looked leagues better than Daniel Jones has.  Esp when Jones is in a scheme built for him and Dobbs is very much not

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

They just drafted Dean last year and Ringo this year. 

I wouldn’t call them "reaches” though. It’s more of a confirmation that when things seem to good to be true, it probably is. 

I was thinking that as I typed it.  Not sure those are bad risks with a third rounder, albeit the Howie second day picks have caused me to be callused against those reaches. 

2 hours ago, just relax said:

Good stuff. I would add that teams tend to run at small quick slot corners. At least part of what Desai must have had in mind trying Brown at slot corner was because of this. If he can be coached up to being an adequate cover in the slot he will be a tremendous addition to the defense with its light box approach. Peppers was a hybrid S/CB at Michigan where he thrived, just as an exxample. 

Agree but Fangio played some three Ss, kind of like we used Graham and Epps for his initial snaps with the team.  I think Desai’s use of Brown was similar. 

5 minutes ago, Swoop said:

The Eagles should win no fewer than 5/6 games the rest of the season. 

It's been talked about how they've yet to play a complete game. Can and should we expect them to or is this what they are? If they an put it together and figure out how to play a complete game, and then play that way consistently, there's not a team in the NFL that should beat them. A lot of ifs there but I think it's possible. 

21 minutes ago, Parrot Head said:

Lol Dallas gonna flex with their big W over the NYG jv.

The Cowboys are #1 in the NFL

Spoiler

at padding their stats against terrible teams

50 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

So is the chargers defense 

A real shame we won’t get the classic matchup of immovable object vs irresistible force

10 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

Tommy is going to hear all about it when he gets home. And he better be back by curfew. 

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Tommy is going to hear all about it when he gets home. And he better be back by curfew. 

And ensure his homework is done. Gotta know your times tables

11 minutes ago, Eagles_ftw said:

The Cowboys are #1 in the NFL

Hide contents

at padding their stats against terrible teams

And they are padding again...

Reminder that amongst this flex about how well they play at home...

Home Games:  NYG today, NYJ, Patriots, and Rams.

and just a reminder to those who think Dallas has done anything this year.  They've played 2 teams with a winning record (Eagles and 49ers), and they are 0-2 in those games.   Only win on the year that comes close was a 20-17 win over the 4-4 Chargers 'on the road', not that that's really a 'road' game for any team.    If they can manage to beat Detroit today, then Dallas actually gets credit for a win against a team with a winning record.  

Lions are really unimpressive. 

Good story to turn around the franchise, but not a serious contender IMO.

10 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Need a new system 

Their roster is full of studs from about 8-10 years ago... Russell Westbrook, Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, and of course, the Beard.  

It will never happen... but how amazingly hilarious would it be for the Giants to come all the way back in this game?!

Falcons have yet to complete a pass over 10 yards today. 

heinicke just hurt his knee 

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

It will never happen... but how amazingly hilarious would it be for the Giants to come all the way back in this game?!

Well at least they won't get shut out again, so there's that.

1 minute ago, Eagles_ftw said:

Well at least they won't get shut out again, so there's that.

Hey now... it's possible.

Chargers 3 times from the 1 haven’t gotten in. 

threw it for a td on 4th. 

Archived