Brian Johnson Offensive Coordinator discussion

Procus

I think the main reason nothing will change is because again....analytics.

The whole thing behind analytics is that if you do things 100 times you can expect it to work 80% of the time for example.

It's going by averages and percentages.

So they've been able to get to 10-4. The analytics engine or whatever doesn't care that you lost 3 in a row. 

You feed it the data and it just sees ok, we've been able to get to 10-4 by doing this, so why stop now? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, opa-opa said:

I think the main reason nothing will change is because again....analytics.

The whole thing behind analytics is that if you do things 100 times you can expect it to work 80% of the time for example.

It's going by averages and percentages.

So they've been able to get to 10-4. The analytics engine or whatever doesn't care that you lost 3 in a row. 

You feed it the data and it just sees ok, we've been able to get to 10-4 by doing this, so why stop now? 

I'm sure there is a lot more to analytics than that. It will see the last 3 games as losses and analyze that what has been done this last 3 games didn't work so it should look at what worked earlier and whats not working now and then come up with game plan for what should work going forward. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

Can someone show that to Siriani and BJ?

F that...should go straight to Lurie 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

Can someone show that to Siriani and BJ?

They only have about 7 plays in their playbook so they're still going to run again several more times next week 

• Haha 1

Teams study each other throughout the season, and fans (that pay attn) even know what's being ran. It's not uncommon to predict/know what the play are, stopping them is another thing, though. 

• Like 1

I think i figured this all out.

i think the geniussness of BJ and Sirranni is on display here.  They are going vanilla offense because they don't want to put anything on the video for teams this post season. so once postseason comes around teams are going to have no idea what to expect from the eagles offense. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Soumak said:

I think i figured this all out.

i think the geniussness of BJ and Sirranni is on display here.  They are going vanilla offense because they don't want to put anything on the video for teams this post season. so once postseason comes around teams are going to have no idea what to expect from the eagles offense. 

I can't remember the movie, I think it was an old Clint Eastwood movie.  He's being held captive tied up and all beaten up and tortured.  There's a ransom call or something and he tells them not to worry and don't bother coming to get me, I've got these people right where I want them.  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

did anyone see this???

image.png.e59f2ded42557b9f8bb34ed23d3eb748.png

What the actual F!! Your strategy hinges on getting flag to win a game rather than actually winning the game. Thats the line for me. Unless he is joking around Sirianni needs to go now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think Brian Johnson is not doing a good job as OC.

And I think if Siri and Hurts were nearly as good as everyone thought they were last year…that a not good OC would not be such a catastrophically noticeable problem for the offense.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, eagle45 said:

I think Brian Johnson is not doing a good job as OC.

And I think if Siri and Hurts were nearly as good as everyone thought they were last year…that a not good OC would not be such a catastrophically noticeable problem for the offense.

I agree at least half the blame has to be on Hurts. No one is making him turn the ball over.

6 hours ago, opa-opa said:

I agree at least half the blame has to be on Hurts. No one is making him turn the ball over.

unless they are telling him to throw it into double coverage in hopes of getting a PI call.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some advice for Nick. If the offense is predictable, and the defense is calling out the play before it's even run, it's time to throw out the entire playbook and create a new one.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

Some advice for Nick. If the offense is predictable, and the defense is calling out the play before it's even run, it's time to throw out the entire playbook and create a new one.

Yep. I think the coaches have got lazy, complacent and are not good enough to devise any creative plays. 

They rely on a deep ball to either AJ or smith, the tush push, a swift run up the middle or design QB run.

thats about it. Not really a surprise that people can call the plays before they happen, or defences can tell what we're running because chances are, its one of them

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

It seems that he thinks the talent on the roster will just make it happen.  Just chuck it to AJ or Smitty and they'll make a play.  Or Hurts can always run.  He got criticized for not having motion so they added a bunch more motion pre-snap against Seattle but it seemed he was doing it just to say there, we did it.  It didn't do anything to actually help the play.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rrfierce said:

Yep. I think the coaches have got lazy, complacent and are not good enough to devise any creative plays. 

They rely on a deep ball to either AJ or smith, the tush push, a swift run up the middle or design QB run.

thats about it. Not really a surprise that people can call the plays before they happen, or defences can tell what we're running because chances are, its one of them

to be fair. everyone knows when the brotherly shove is coming. doesn't mean they can stop it. 

1 minute ago, Soumak said:

to be fair. everyone knows when the brotherly shove is coming. doesn't mean they can stop it. 

yeah thats pretty obvious.

I read earlier that Hurts has thrown 1 pass this season when under centre.

1!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, rrfierce said:

yeah thats pretty obvious.

I read earlier that Hurts has thrown 1 pass this season when under centre.

1!

On 12/20/2023 at 11:24 AM, NOTW said:

This should be simple for any coach to do.  Mix up how you run the plays.  Sometimes throw from under center.  That's a very basic adjustment.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

This should be simple for any coach to do.  Mix up how you run the plays.  Sometimes throw from under center.  That's a very basic adjustment.

i'm telling you its the geniusness of sirranni and bj. they don't need to beat dallas and the niners in regular season. who needs that 1st round bye! also team was thinking they were better than everyone else and was destined to win everything. they won't be thinking that now! genius! 

i would go even as far as to say they made the switch at DC because they want Desai to start prepping for the offseason. what better place to do it than from up in the booth! think about it. 

its all coming together now

Kronk, from The Emperor's New Grove saying: It's all coming together

• Haha 1

The more articles like this I read, the more I feel it's too late to fix anything this season. 

There's no way to fundamentally change the way Hurts and this team plays offense with 3 games left.

Once we lose in the playoffs it's gonna be painful and messy to try to re-make this offense from the ground up. 

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2023/12/21/24010182/what-is-wrong-with-philadelphia-eagles-offense-jalen-hurts

On 12/22/2023 at 4:42 AM, opa-opa said:

The more articles like this I read, the more I feel it's too late to fix anything this season. 

There's no way to fundamentally change the way Hurts and this team plays offense with 3 games left.

Once we lose in the playoffs it's gonna be painful and messy to try to re-make this offense from the ground up. 

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2023/12/21/24010182/what-is-wrong-with-philadelphia-eagles-offense-jalen-hurts

At this point they are who they are. They’re a turnover prone team that plays in far too many close games. They can’t find a way to run away from any team. Anything is possible in the playoffs, but they do too many negative things that successful playoff teams don’t do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1