Brian Johnson Offensive Coordinator discussion

Procus

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I seriously don’t know if it’s poor scheme, poor play calling, or Jalen just not seeing it, but this team just lacks an intermediate offense. That’s why they seem to inexplicably throw bombs and 50/50 balls on third and medium to short plays. It’s also why they look completely lost inside the red zone when they’re not close enough to Bro Shove. They’re obsessed with these runs to Jalen. You have playmakers like Goedert and Brown, but can’t figure out how to scheme those guys open for scores in the red zone is unacceptable.

I think unfortunately it’s a combination of all 3. And that’s the worry, it all needs to change. I think they need to bring in an OC like a Joe Brady. Someone to just simplify what the QB needs to do and play to the QBs strengths. I know this scheme is not creative but it doesn’t play to Hurts strengths either.

I've been very patient and positive with this team all season but that's now changed. Last night was absolutely pathetic. Tossing away a 15 point lead at home against a dreadful team in a must-win game is inexcusable. I can't even blame the players. Whoever was calling plays on offense in that 4th quarter should be tarred and feathered before being fired immediately.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, hukdonfoniks said:

Anybody feel like defending this dumpster fire of a coach now?

The offense wasn't the problem. They barely had the ball and were extremely efficient outside of a couple of drives. The sheetshow of a defense that couldn't get a stop yet again killed them. They changed coordinators and look even worse to the surprise of absolutely no one.

The Cardinals didn't have a single punt with superstars Greg Dortch, Rondale Moore and Michael Wilson at WR. 

The offense looks much better when they no-huddle. I’d love to see more of it against the Giants. 

• Like 1

This reminds me of when the Raiders hired Jon Gruden.  The Eagles offense was never the same until Andy Reid had time to rebuild it.

• Like 1

For the Giants game why don’t they just change the play caller? Go with Sirianni (who I don’t think will be much better) or go with someone else on the offensive coaching staff. It can’t really be worse than BJ and it may just give this team a boost or a shot in the arm.

6 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

For the Giants game why don’t they just change the play caller? Go with Sirianni (who I don’t think will be much better) or go with someone else on the offensive coaching staff. It can’t really be worse than BJ and it may just give this team a boost or a shot in the arm.

Siri is likely a worse playcaller than BJ.

If he had any ability to call plays he would have taken over for BJ weeks ago.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Yeah you are more than likely right. I just think this offense has too much talent to keep doing what they are doing. Maybe look to bring in someone like Reich? I know they won't do that but it feels like they need to do something different to give them any hope. I know the season is pretty much over but they could win a play off game (long shot but they could) and then I mean who knows. There's a chance to salvage what once was a promising season but the only way they can do that is getting the offense right.

1 hour ago, D-Shiznit said:

He can also give up BJ as a scapegoat to save himself without calling the plays. Not sure it will be enough though. 

• Thanks 1

If you´re going to change the playcaller for a one game experiment, give the keys to Jalen. Let him call plays based on what he sees

1 hour ago, kiwinavega said:

If you´re going to change the playcaller for a one game experiment, give the keys to Jalen. Let him call plays based on what he sees

I don’t think that’s a good idea. Jalen should be making decisions based on what he sees pre and post snap anyway. I think he needs someone in his ear though. The problem is neither the OC or the HC seem to be the right guys.

11 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That'd be great if he somehow learned and was able to do it better than before. A HC that calls his own plays would help for when the OC is getting hired elsewhere 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

That'd be great if he somehow learned and was able to do it better than before. A HC that calls his own plays would help for when the OC is getting hired elsewhere 

And I don’t think he has improved and I don’t think he’s the answer… but I kind of feel like it might help expose things? Like if he can’t call a good offense with his own scheme then the problem becomes mostly about him.

"A.J. is a great player, and we've got to force him the ball sometimes and make sure we get him going," --- Brian Johnson

This is the moment where I lost all faith in Johnson. I realize most of you were already there, but I was still in wait and see mode. If after 16 games, they still haven't figured out that you can't "force" things, there's no hope. 

tncXD38.gif

• Like 2

8 hours ago, brkmsn said:

"A.J. is a great player, and we've got to force him the ball sometimes and make sure we get him going," --- Brian Johnson

This is the moment where I lost all faith in Johnson. I realize most of you were already there, but I was still in wait and see mode. If after 16 games, they still haven't figured out that you can't "force" things, there's no hope. 

tncXD38.gif

Agreed. Don’t force things because that’s when mistakes happen. Scheme for your best players absolutely but that’s down to offensive scheme, reading what a defense is giving you and executing not forcing it.

Literally says EVERYTHING wrong.

He's becoming a laughing stock

1 minute ago, rrfierce said:

Literally says EVERYTHING wrong.

He's becoming a laughing stock

Who is bud? AJ or BJ?

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Who is bud? AJ or BJ?

BJ.

Just when you think he's said the most stupid thing, he goes and says something even worse. 

7 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

BJ.

Just when you think he's said the most stupid thing, he goes and says something even worse. 

I think he said that a few weeks ago to be fair. Still very very stupid but I don’t think it is new.