GDT: Dallas Cowboys @ Philadelphia Eagles, 11-5-23, 4:25 PM EST

EagleJoe8

6 hours ago, Birdman said:

And? The NFL is a week-week league and we don't make our own schedule 

If I'm not mistaken, our schedule has the greatest degree of difficulty in the NFL 

Over the next few weeks yes it does and at that point we will get a better idea. If this team manages some big wins over some of the better teams then we know this team can go the distance. Until that point we don’t know because we’ve played average to bad teams.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope in games and years to come Hurts Audibles out of some of  these horrific calls. That 3rd and 3 call to brown was a joke

6 hours ago, GeorgeM37 said:

But see, after reaching the superbowl last year and then losing major players this year.......I never expected them to be where they are, to be quite honest....historically, teams tend to regress majorly after a superbowl run but this team hasn't....

The 2023 Eagles are more battle tested.  This season makes me feel like last year was a smooth ride.  This year feels like a damn roller-coaster, lol.   I am not scared of ANYONE on our Schedule including KC or Bills.  But yes, to shock the whole league and make it to the Super Bowl and then turn around and be the best team in the league in back to back seasons.  We are witnessing some special Eagles Football these last two seasons. 

5 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

The 2023 Eagles are more battle tested.  This season makes me feel like last year was a smooth ride.  This year feels like a damn roller-coaster, lol.   I am not scared of ANYONE on our Schedule including KC or Bills.  But yes, to shock the whole league and make it to the Super Bowl and then turn around and be the best team in the league in back to back seasons.  We are witnessing some special Eagles Football these last two seasons. 

I don’t actually fear KC or Buffalo. Don’t get me wrong they are good teams especially KC but I don’t fear them. The Bills don’t look so hot and KC are winning games but not devastating teams. 

59 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

That 3rd and 3 call to brown was a joke

Agreed.  It had me screaming and wanting to tear my hair out. A deep sideline route is exactly what we don't want in that situation.  Why can't we run slant patters when we need them?  Other teams eat us up with slant patterns.  Dallas even did it to us.  What can't we?  A screen might have worked in that situation too.  Or just a running play.  We didn't need 30 yards.  We needed three yards and a running clock.  Our coaching staff needs to develop an awareness of where we are in a game.

I'm happy that we won, of course.  But we made it a whole lot harder than it had to be.  And we have made plays like this time after time after time this season.  This team needs to learn how to run out the clock.

Goedert loss hurts!   Defense looked trash in the secondary.  Ugly win but we’ll take it

2 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

I hope in games and years to come Hurts Audibles out of some of  these horrific calls. That 3rd and 3 call to brown was a joke

I think every eagles fan said the same thing as soon as it happened. Was like 1:46 left in the clock or something?  Dallas had TOs still I think.  Run the damn ball!!  Three drives at the end of the game and I think we got like 12 yards total.  

3 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

If we'd have lost like Dallas did, would you have said the team did well and were just a toe out of bounds away from needing a field goal to score?Would you balls.

They won a tough divisional match up despite having the worst offensive 4th quarter they've had all year.

If we lost like Dallas did this place would be crazy today. Everyone and everything would be on the chopping block.

We would have guys in the street catching babies screaming about dropped passes again. Because Dallas dropped multiple first downs and numerous other passes.

I'm not complaining about the win. Have not complained about any win this season. But the facts remain. Yesterday the offensive playcalling was crap most of the day. The Secondary was gashed all day long. Lamb was always open. We got limited pressure on Dak until the very end and Jalen was under pressure all day. We won the game but lost the trenches yesterday.

I like the fact that we are winning these gritty games. But a lot of these issues seem to be the same issues we have been dealing with all season. Our Eagles have given us TWO butt fumbles behind the line of scrimmage this season. Thankfully we recovered both. But that's just stupid. The team is winning while looking off in most games. That's great. But can we get some of these recurring themes corrected over the bye week please.

That's all.

10 hours ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Gotta win at least 2 preferably all 4 though 😂

The only 2 we have to win, Buffalo and SF....

3 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Hurts does audible out of calls.

2 hours ago, ilikepargo said:

Agreed.  It had me screaming and wanting to tear my hair out. A deep sideline route is exactly what we don't want in that situation.  Why can't we run slant patters when we need them?  Other teams eat us up with slant patterns.  Dallas even did it to us.  What can't we?  A screen might have worked in that situation too.  Or just a running play.  We didn't need 30 yards.  We needed three yards and a running clock.  Our coaching staff needs to develop an awareness of where we are in a game.

I'm happy that we won, of course.  But we made it a whole lot harder than it had to be.  And we have made plays like this time after time after time this season.  This team needs to learn how to run out the clock.

Clearly a Hurts decision on that one. I don't mind the kill shot there it was just a bad pass. I like AJ's chances of making the catch or drawing a PI on that one with a better throw.

1 hour ago, EagleFan85 said:

If we lost like Dallas did this place would be crazy today. Everyone and everything would be on the chopping block.

We would have guys in the street catching babies screaming about dropped passes again. Because Dallas dropped multiple first downs and numerous other passes.

I'm not complaining about the win. Have not complained about any win this season. But the facts remain. Yesterday the offensive playcalling was crap most of the day. The Secondary was gashed all day long. Lamb was always open. We got limited pressure on Dak until the very end and Jalen was under pressure all day. We won the game but lost the trenches yesterday.

I like the fact that we are winning these gritty games. But a lot of these issues seem to be the same issues we have been dealing with all season. Our Eagles have given us TWO butt fumbles behind the line of scrimmage this season. Thankfully we recovered both. But that's just stupid. The team is winning while looking off in most games. That's great. But can we get some of these recurring themes corrected over the bye week please.

That's all.

Glad you got that off your chest. Enjoy the bye week at 8-1 with the Eagles having the Best Record in the NFL! They have some things to clean up still and that's fine. I'm more concerned about the injuries at this stage. (I know they should be 9-0 and blowing opponents off the field but the Jets are playing above .500 football so that one doesn't sting as much)

3 hours ago, ilikepargo said:

Yup, run the ball there. Even if you only get 2 yards, you still have the tush push option which seemed to average 3 yards a try vs Dallas lol. 

2 hours ago, EagleFan85 said:

That's all.

Agreed.  We are winning yet showing the same issues every week...it's unbelievable, really.  And I imagine, it's also unsustainable.  It's just a matter of time before our flaws prove to be fatal...and that might come at a really bad time (like, in a playoff game). 

I don't foresee anything changing on defense, though.  We are what we are.  Our DBs are average...can make a play here and there but are very beatable.  The DL is also up and down...they're mostly stout against the run but teams are passing so much it's hard to get a true read on that.  With as much passing as teams are doing, there are plenty of opportunities for the pass rush to make an impact but that doesn't seem to happen as much as we think a "vaunted DL" should.  QBs mostly have plenty of time.  Sure, we get some sacks, but again is that more of a product of having that many chances to get them?

The offense is mostly good but has maddening tendencies.  They have been failing to get some first downs in the 4th quarter to help things out.  The turnovers....they had 2 almost critical turnovers yesterday (fumble inside the 10 and the late game collision fumble).  They were lucky to retain possession on both and too many times this year they haven't.  Then there was the inexplicable long sideline pass...a low percentage play...on 3rd and 3 during the 4th Q. 

This team fights itself just as much as it fights the opponent.  The offense can continue to improve, but I think the defense is, and will continue to be, what we've seen thus far. 

I watched the game this morning and it was pretty wild to say the least. In the last few minutes it felt like a screw job was imminent. Not good for my blood pressure!

Anyway, objective achieved. Best record in the NFL, 2.5 games ahead in the division, perfect time for the bye week.

I don't buy this idea that we aren't as good as our record, either. Every team has players that can play good football, even if not all the time. Jalen has only lost two regular season games as a starter. Miami and Dallas both have winning record, WAS are division rivals, Vikings have a winning record as well. Ok, the Patriots are a bad team, Buccs too. Rams are underperforming. There's a reason it is very rare for a team to go unbeaten through a full season, there are so many variables.

Go Birds 🦅

My goodness... just looking at a Dallas message board (dor some sweer, sweet shadenfreude, don't judge me) and Lamb is getting dog's abuse from some idiots. Apparently he's a number one receiver by default. That MF had nearly 200 receiving yards yesterday

5 hours ago, judunno said:

Clearly a Hurts decision on that one. I don't mind the kill shot there it was just a bad pass. I like AJ's chances of making the catch or drawing a PI on that one with a better throw.

You miss the point.  3 yards and being tackled inbounds would have been a true kill shot.  The clock was what mattered at that point.  That's what the Eagles keep forgetting.

Watching that game yesterday was frustrating as hell.  Today, it feels good that the Eagles are 8-1, best record in NFL, and they beat the Cowboys. All that matters is when the clock hit 0:00 they won. :showoff::Eagle_smiley:

7 hours ago, EagleFan85 said:

That's all.

There's just too much dumbshit. Like that  AJ Brown running into our  RB behind the LOS and causing a fumble. Why the hell is this play being called to begin with? You're just  trying to run the clock out and burn Dallas's TO's before the punt....

4 hours ago, EaglesAddict said:

Agreed.  We are winning yet showing the same issues every week...it's unbelievable, really.  And I imagine, it's also unsustainable.  It's just a matter of time before our flaws prove to be fatal...and that might come at a really bad time (like, in a playoff game). 

I don't foresee anything changing on defense, though.  We are what we are.  Our DBs are average...can make a play here and there but are very beatable.  The DL is also up and down...they're mostly stout against the run but teams are passing so much it's hard to get a true read on that.  With as much passing as teams are doing, there are plenty of opportunities for the pass rush to make an impact but that doesn't seem to happen as much as we think a "vaunted DL" should.  QBs mostly have plenty of time.  Sure, we get some sacks, but again is that more of a product of having that many chances to get them?

The offense is mostly good but has maddening tendencies.  They have been failing to get some first downs in the 4th quarter to help things out.  The turnovers....they had 2 almost critical turnovers yesterday (fumble inside the 10 and the late game collision fumble).  They were lucky to retain possession on both and too many times this year they haven't.  Then there was the inexplicable long sideline pass...a low percentage play...on 3rd and 3 during the 4th Q. 

This team fights itself just as much as it fights the opponent.  The offense can continue to improve, but I think the defense is, and will continue to be, what we've seen thus far. 

Our secondary is  below average.  I would love to have an average secondary at this point..

45 minutes ago, ilikepargo said:

You miss the point.  3 yards and being tackled inbounds would have been a true kill shot.  The clock was what mattered at that point.  That's what the Eagles keep forgetting.

You're missing the point. My point was that this was a Jalen decision that likely happened pre-snap. I know all they needed was three yards but he decided to be aggressive. Considering that they won, no harm no foul. I'm sure he will be coached up on this... maybe. He could be being told to be aggressive no one truly knows. The Eagles tend to be gun slingers and aggressive in these situations so it may just be the identity of the offense. Win some lose some type deal. A better pass and that one looks like what happened with Bradberry getting the PI.

47 minutes ago, Swimm said:

There's just too much dumbshit. Like that  AJ Brown running into our  RB behind the LOS and causing a fumble. Why the hell is this play being called to begin with? You're just  trying to run the clock out and burn Dallas's TO's before the punt....

To draw the LB (and the D end) based on the play earlier for the first down where AJB ran the same motion for the screen.  And it would have likely worked too.    

BUT ANYWAY, give me a downhill run from Swift 10 out of 10 times. Not that stupid crap.  

1 hour ago, judunno said:

You're missing the point. My point was that this was a Jalen decision that likely happened pre-snap. I know all they needed was three yards but he decided to be aggressive. Considering that they won, no harm no foul. I'm sure he will be coached up on this... maybe. He could be being told to be aggressive no one truly knows. The Eagles tend to be gun slingers and aggressive in these situations so it may just be the identity of the offense. Win some lose some type deal. A better pass and that one looks like what happened with Bradberry getting the PI.

That was the dumbest ISH I've seen yet. It was worse than sending AJ deep for a TD earlier in the season only to nearly lose the game because of it.

It was like 3rd and 3. Run the ball, pick up a couple yards, Brotherly Shove, First down. Than send AJ deep. All we did there was force a punt give Dallas the ball back and nearly lose the game because of it.

I remember praising players like BWest for going down at the one to kill the game. Not these guys. Twice this has nearly come back to bite us. It needs to stop, there is no excuses for it and I don't care who's fault it is. Coaching, Jalen, Johnson, Nick. It doesn't matter. It's stupid undisciplined football no matter who is responsible. Its like there is no situational awareness on this team or some ISH.

Archived