GDT: Dallas Cowboys @ Philadelphia Eagles, 11-5-23, 4:25 PM EST

EagleJoe8

1 minute ago, EagleFan85 said:

That was the dumbest ISH I've seen yet. It was worse than sending AJ deep for a TD earlier in the season only to nearly lose the game because of it.

It was like 3rd and 3. Run the ball, pick up a couple yards, Brotherly Shove, First down. Than send AJ deep. All we did there was force a punt give Dallas the ball back and nearly lose the game because of it.

I remember praising players like BWest for going down at the one to kill the game. Not these guys. Twice this has nearly come back to bite us. It needs to stop, there is no excuses for it and I don't care who's fault it is. Coaching, Jalen, Johnson, Nick. It doesn't matter. It's stupid undisciplined football no matter who is responsible.

I wouldn't have minded a run there on 3rd but Dallas was gearing up for it and the Eagles weren't exactly running all that great. Hell we had a play where AJ damn near knocked out Swift (i truly think Swift was out on his feet after getting hit on the chin). Brotherly shove is great and all but that's extremely risky in that part of the field at that juncture of the game.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, judunno said:

I wouldn't have minded a run there on 3rd but Dallas was gearing up for it and the Eagles weren't exactly running all that great. Hell we had a play where AJ damn near knocked out Swift (i truly think Swift was out on his feet after getting hit on the chin). Brotherly shove is great and all but that's extremely risky in that part of the field at that juncture of the game.

I think my issue was the route. Not that I’m putting it on AJ but why not a slant there? With AJ that’s pretty much nailed on.

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think my issue was the route. Not that I’m putting it on AJ but why not a slant there? With AJ that’s pretty much nailed on.

I don't even think AJ was expecting it... he looked just as surprised as us... could have been one of those clear out routes where they weren't on the same page. I didn't see the defensive alignment but im going to assume they were taking away the middle of the field on that one and DBs were playing with inside position.

1 hour ago, judunno said:

My point was that this was a Jalen decision that likely happened pre-snap.

IF it was a Jalen decision (We don't actually know that.), then the coaching staff needs to get in his face and tell him to make smarter decisions.

8 minutes ago, ilikepargo said:

IF it was a Jalen decision (We don't actually know that.), then the coaching staff needs to get in his face and tell him to make smarter decisions.

Highly likely it was a Jalen decision IMO. I can't see the coaching staff saying hey go for the big play here. Not the first time he's done this. I'm under the impression that the coaches allow this aggressive approach. IF we don't actually know that how do we know where to place blame on the decision? 

Well, we made it to the bye week. Any Dallas win is a blessing. Hope the team gets some well needed rest. I thought we should have been more aggressive the last few possessions so they didn't have so many opportunities to score but it was an important win. My favorite part was seeing Dak cartwheel and land on his head. Some great saving plays last night at clutch times.

1 hour ago, judunno said:

I don't even think AJ was expecting it... he looked just as surprised as us... could have been one of those clear out routes where they weren't on the same page. I didn't see the defensive alignment but im going to assume they were taking away the middle of the field on that one and DBs were playing with inside position.

Oh I’m sure he wasn’t because it just was not smart football… But get AJ on a slant there surely?!

Reading about the game on the Dallas site is nothing but excuses from "bad officiating” to inches.  

3 hours ago, judunno said:

You're missing the point. My point was that this was a Jalen decision that likely happened pre-snap. I know all they needed was three yards but he decided to be aggressive. Considering that they won, no harm no foul. I'm sure he will be coached up on this... maybe. He could be being told to be aggressive no one truly knows. The Eagles tend to be gun slingers and aggressive in these situations so it may just be the identity of the offense. Win some lose some type deal. A better pass and that one looks like what happened with Bradberry getting the PI.

They are sometimes aggressive on offense.  The $64,000 question is: why aren't they sometimes aggressive on defense? 

1 hour ago, Mortimer said:

They are sometimes aggressive on offense.  The $64,000 question is: why aren't they sometimes aggressive on defense? 

Philosophy on defense is to prevent X plays bend but don't break. Offense has a wealth of big time play makers with rules that favor their side of the ball so it makes sense for them to be aggressive. Defense has musical chairs in the secondary with an undrafted free agent rookie and a rookie safety taking a significant number of snaps.  Many reasons to be conservative. See the difference? I'll take that 64k please and thank you :)

1 hour ago, BornGreen said:

Reading about the game on the Dallas site is nothing but excuses from "bad officiating” to inches.  

If they were a good football team they would have won that game. It was theirs for the taking in 3 out of 4 quarters essentially. We tried to let them win that game so bad it was hard to watch at times.

Good teams don't lose that game. Dallas is not a good team because Dallas Sucks.

1 hour ago, NCTANK said:

490E1571-4CC2-4DA0-94B6-EB5C6B532D9B.jpeg

Biggest positive of the week other than 8 and 1 is definitely the many Dak memes to come.

On a ranch upside down in a pile of Cow S*** would be a classic.

I keep seeing this picture and people trying to complain about a hold on that guy. But if you look in the background lol. Such hypocrites.

img_1_1699325098362.jpg

19 hours ago, kiwinavega said:

I watched the game this morning and it was pretty wild to say the least. In the last few minutes it felt like a screw job was imminent. Not good for my blood pressure!

Anyway, objective achieved. Best record in the NFL, 2.5 games ahead in the division, perfect time for the bye week.

I don't buy this idea that we aren't as good as our record, either. Every team has players that can play good football, even if not all the time. Jalen has only lost two regular season games as a starter. Miami and Dallas both have winning record, WAS are division rivals, Vikings have a winning record as well. Ok, the Patriots are a bad team, Buccs too. Rams are underperforming. There's a reason it is very rare for a team to go unbeaten through a full season, there are so many variables.

Go Birds 🦅

It really felt like the win was going to slip away with a TD, as the clock expires, or something like that. In the past, that's exactly what would've happened. Loving this 4th quarter D even if the deep pass containment is nerve wracking. 

I just wanted to take this time to congratulate the Dallas Cowboys for their [moral] victory over the Eagles.

:thumbsup:

14 hours ago, Loosechange said:

I keep seeing this picture and people trying to complain about a hold on that guy. But if you look in the background lol. Such hypocrites.

img_1_1699325098362.jpg

One of the fans proposed a rule change that would allow the refs to call DPI on Blankenship but ignore the holding on  Cox :facepalm:

image.thumb.png.fe6d505552de994f27214b055179474b.png

6 hours ago, ThinkGreen said:

It really felt like the win was going to slip away with a TD, as the clock expires, or something like that. In the past, that's exactly what would've happened. Loving this 4th quarter D even if the deep pass containment is nerve wracking. 

Pass CONTAINMENT? Where did you see that?

There was certainly no pass containment taking place on Sunday. At least not by the Eagles secondary.

Why are Dallas Cowboy fans so happy that they lost?

I hope the Philadelphia Eagles destroy them in Dallas!

RB Swift in 3rd place (2nd only by 1 yard) despite sharing reps with 3 other RBs.

Archived