OZARK

DBW

6 hours ago, downundermike said:

Hit.  While smacking that @ss.

Hell no. She's a funny looking lady. 

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't love season 3, definitely think the ending was a ploy to try to make up for the rest of the season, but you knew what was going to happen.

They introduce a few new characters, they kill off the characters, not much else got accomplished this season.  

Someone tried telling me they heard this was canceled. I know it's not but damn that would suck for season 3 to be the last one

8 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Someone tried telling me they heard this was canceled. I know it's not but damn that would suck for season 3 to be the last one

Id be legit pissed. 

It's not going to be cancelled, it may be 2 years until the next season though.  

I’ve seen clickbaity headlines that say something like "these shows have been canceled” with a picture of Ruth and Marty but as soon as you click the link they are nowhere on the article

• Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 9:42 PM, dawkins4prez said:

Realism does not rank very high on my list of needs.  Originality and sharp dialogue do and this show has very little of it.  As if this show wasn't bad enough as a poor man's Breaking Bad, in season 2 it also wants to be a poor man's House of Cards.

2 best IMO for dialogue are Justified and Deadwood, both very smart

On 6/3/2020 at 5:57 AM, NOTW said:

They need a dose of fun mixed in.

Ben and Wendy went on a nice brother sister road trip. That was fun 

• Haha 1

On 6/13/2020 at 12:47 PM, LeanMeanGM said:

I’ve seen clickbaity headlines that say something like "these shows have been canceled” with a picture of Ruth and Marty but as soon as you click the link they are nowhere on the article

If there truly is an afterlife - the people who make those click bait items should have their own special underworld chamber specializing in the aggressive shoving of large, misshapen and unlubricated objects deep into their colons.  

• Like 1

We are now on to season 3. My only slight criticism is that so far the end of season 1 and 2 haven't really felt like the end of a season. They haven't had massive cliff hangers or shocking moments. 

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

We are now on to season 3. My only slight criticism is that so far the end of season 1 and 2 haven't really felt like the end of a season. They haven't had massive cliff hangers or shocking moments. 

that's not the worst thing though, right? Wouldn't you have a better story overall throughout the season rather a shocking cliffhanger at the end? You know you're coming back anyway. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

that's not the worst thing though, right? Wouldn't you have a better story overall throughout the season rather a shocking cliffhanger at the end? You know you're coming back anyway. 

That's very true. And is probably in part caused by the fact that we can roll through seasons without nothing episodes etc.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That's very true. And is probably in part caused by the fact that we can roll through seasons without nothing episodes etc.

yep. When I binged BrBa on Netflix leading up to the final season I went into it hearing from people how Season 1 and 2 were bad but if you could get through them you'd love it. But season 1 was something like only 6 or 7 episodes, and by then I was all the way in.. I didn't even notice when the seasons came and went. I think thats just part of the downside to binging though. You're just listening to a bands entire discography instead of going album by album. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBENT87 said:

yep. When I binged BrBa on Netflix leading up to the final season I went into it hearing from people how Season 1 and 2 were bad but if you could get through them you'd love it. But season 1 was something like only 6 or 7 episodes, and by then I was all the way in.. I didn't even notice when the seasons came and went. I think thats just part of the downside to binging though. You're just listening to a bands entire discography instead of going album by album. 

The definition of a BAD/ROUGH season 1 watch is Parks & Rec. There is not a single redeeming quality of that first season that justified any additional episodes being paid for or made. I don't care if the show "gets good" after that. It never should have been allowed to reach that point. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

speaking of which, have been re-watching this for the 5th or 6th time lately and am in the final stretch. I can't fully describe how incredible the end of 5.09 is, with the garage door going down behind Walt. At the same time I feel like I could write a thesis on it. I don't want to get too into it here just in case there's that one person out there reading who hasn't watched this show yet, but I have a hard time believing any other show has had a more warranted, anticipated "craps about to hit the fan moment," bringing the entire series to a boiling point, than that garage door going down at that point in time. And then you consider that there's still 7 episodes to go. I can't imagine there is better writing and fan service out there, then what Vince Gilligan scripted for the last 8 episodes of this series. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Agent23 said:

The definition of a BAD/ROUGH season 1 watch is Parks & Rec. There is not a single redeeming quality of that first season that justified any additional episodes being paid for or made. I don't care if the show "gets good" after that. It never should have been allowed to reach that point. 

Know were drifting off the primary subject here, but both P&R and The Office were ones I wanted to watch from the jump and quit after the first couple episodes.  I did eventually come back to both of them, but when I see those first few episodes now its still hard to believe they're the same show/characters.

6 minutes ago, Gern Blanston said:

Know were drifting off the primary subject here, but both P&R and The Office were ones I wanted to watch from the jump and quit after the first couple episodes.  I did eventually come back to both of them, but when I see those first few episodes now its still hard to believe they're the same show/characters.

season 1 slicked hair michael was a deek.  season 2+ regular hair michael was a likable deek.  they eventually figured it out. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

season 1 slicked hair michael was a deek.  season 2+ regular hair michael was a likable deek.  they eventually figured it out. 

+ the balding hair, cheap suits, etc. Pretty wild that they were content on just making him this unlikable one dimensional character and then he becomes the conscious of the show. 

2 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

+ the balding hair, cheap suits, etc. Pretty wild that they were content on just making him this unlikable one dimensional character and then he becomes the conscious of the show. 

They were following the lead of the British version.  

On 6/16/2020 at 2:35 PM, JBENT87 said:

Who the F spread this blasphemy?  There isn't 1 second of BrBa that was bad (even the fly episode).  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hputenis said:

Who the F spread this blasphemy?  There isn't 1 second of BrBa that was bad (even the fly episode).  

Episode 1 wasn't good.  I kept watching.  

2 wasn't good but I think maybe had a cliffhanger at the end that got me to continue. 

3 wasn't really good either but after that point it seemed things would finally start happening so I finally became more intrigued. 

I'd say the first 3 episodes were bad. You really have to stick with it just on faith in all the people that have raved about it.