OZARK

DBW

One thing that really annoys me

Spoiler

The way these dudes that Darlene shoot fly backwards five feet - she's shooting a damn 12 gauge, not a cannon.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 1/22/2022 at 10:43 AM, DBW said:

I watched the 1st episode of the new season….Am I the only one that wants Wendy to kill Jonah?  That kid is an a-hole and deserves whatever is coming.  

i mean, if my mom killed my uncle who I had a great relationship with I wouldn't exactly be on the greatest terms with her at the moment either. Easy to just tell the kid hes grounded and sit down and shut up if he's 10. But 14? Thats run away from home territory, which is now essentially what he's done. Wendy can't exactly justify putting a hit out on her own brother and the too smart for his own good 14 year old knows it. 

• Like 2

Joanh is annoying. I hate that they went down that route for the last season.

Season was good, but felt like it's missing something. Probably because it's split between two parts. 

• Like 1

Finished it last night, I thought it was f'ing awesome.  Wendy annoys me though, most of the crap that happens bad in the show is from her NOT listening to Marty.  And that show would be nothing without Ruth, she is the best character by far in my opinion.  Can't wait for the second part.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2022 at 8:33 AM, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I have to go and watch a recap because I don’t remember that.   We’ve had like 3 Cobra Kai seasons released since the last Ozark.  Stranger Things and Peaky Blinders, F longer than that.  

Even with the recap, there's just so much I can't remember.  Euphoria is the same way. I'm confused watching both new seasons. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gannan said:

Even with the recap, there's just so much I can't remember.  Euphoria is the same way. I'm confused watching both new seasons. 

Darlene shooting off Frank Jr.s D is one of them. When they referenced that in episode 2/3 I had no recollection. 

It always infuriates me every time Jonah or Wendy or Ruth or whoever goes off the rails.

It's like they always seem to forget the larger problems they create by shooting off like that.  Meanwhile there's Marty to clean it all up.

• Like 3

I saw some meme that every Byrde family scene takes place either at 6:45am or 6:45pm and that’s all I could think about watching the last season. It’s like the Walt Jr loves breakfast arc on steroids. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Well I guess Jonah is out of a job seeing as how his bosses are dead 😂

Ruth’s best line this season was "F! what the actual Fing F was that Darlene?!?”  🤣 

[\spoiler]

• Haha 2

On 1/25/2022 at 9:41 AM, Gannan said:

Same.  And I just am not motivated enough to go back and see what I've mis-remembered.

1 hour ago, sameaglesfan said:

Same.  And I just am not motivated enough to go back and see what I've mis-remembered.

I said to my fiance the other day while watching this , coming from someone who's re-watched BrBa 6 or 7x, I don't know if I'll ever re-watch this. The gray/blue filters just takes an already pretty depressing universe and makes it that much worse. Has there been an unfiltered shot of the sun in four seasons? 90% of the show takes place in essentially a summer resort town yet it always looks cold. Not exactly breaking any news or anything with this observation, as that's what they're going for I guess - but it's enough to keep me from going back to it and minimizing its overall exposure, IMO. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

I said to my fiance the other day while watching this , coming from someone who's re-watched BrBa 6 or 7x, I don't know if I'll ever re-watch this. The gray/blue filters just takes an already pretty depressing universe and makes it that much worse. Has there been an unfiltered shot of the sun in four seasons? 90% of the show takes place in essentially a summer resort town yet it always looks cold. Not exactly breaking any news or anything with this observation, as that's what they're going for I guess - but it's enough to keep me from going back to it and minimizing its overall exposure, IMO. 

I feel like season one when they were shooting the scenes of the boat preacher/heroin deals on the water, it was pretty sunny.  But yeah, overall, they are making it appear dreary most of the time.  

Thanks for your scenery feedback you Fs!!  The scenes were too blue/gray!   It was sunny sometimes!    It's too dreary!  Waaaah!  Waaah!  Who gives a F?!!  This show is great!  Mikemack takes crank to the chin!  Hey JBent!  Get bent (agreed with Breaking Bad though)!   

Ric Flair Woo GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

**Wife is out of town with daughter until Saturday.  I had a lot of bourbon watching the 76ers tonight.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Just finished last night.  I think the real power of this show is the acting skills of the ladies in the cast - specifically Julia Garner and Laura Linney.  Overall, I really like the cast.

45 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:
  Reveal hidden contents

All the while I thought the Investigator "serving papers" was DEA...But once they said he was a former Chicago cop, I figured he was on Navarro's payroll and just around to keep an eye on the Byrd's and his nephew.  When Navarro told Wendy that he didn't kill kids and they didn't need to hide in a tomb with a shotgun, that confirmed that the Investigator had a direct line to Navarro.  So he must have been a dirty cop on Del's/Navarros payroll. 

I don't understand why Agent Maya f-ed over Navarro and the Byrd's even against her superiors wishes.  Unless I read that wrong....

I too laughed at the 80 gauge shotgun shells....LOL  I thought Darlene was hilarious.  I couldn't stand wyatt and seeing them kiss.  It was sooo f-ing dumb and useless to be honest.  Glad he's dead, her not so much.  

Spoiler

I took Maya arresting Navarro anyway as just her moral compass taking over and "doing the right thing" - and she did it in a public way so her superiors can't fire her for not "falling in line" like they wanted

• Like 3

This line made me laugh - Ruth to Marty:  "You just ever lose your f'ing keys? Or is every goddamn thing with you DEFCON 5?"

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gern Blanston said:

This line made me laugh - Ruth to Marty:  "You just ever lose your f'ing keys? Or is every goddamn thing with you DEFCON 5?"

"Why would they make DEFCON 1 worse than DEFCON 5?"  :roll: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I am Predicting that the opening scene of season 4 when the Byrd’s get into a car crash was actually a hit that was executed by Jonah.  He doesn’t want to move back to Chicago so he attempts to kill his family in an accident. 

edit: Nevermind, he was in the car. I forgot.

3 minutes ago, DBW said:

I am Predicting that the opening scene of season 4 when the Byrd’s get into a car crash was actually a hit that was executed by Jonah.  He doesn’t want to move back to Chicago so he attempts to kill his family in an accident. 

Wasn't he in the car ??

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Wasn't he in the car ??

Yeah crap, that’s true…maybe it isn’t then. 😂 or maybe he banks on surviving - taking the chance.  

Maya

arrested Navarro because she was under the naive assumption that the FBI was trying to take down the cartels, and decided she was no longer going to play along when she realized that the FBI was using the cartel for funding. By her making the bust public her superiors couldn’t cover it up and go ahead with their arrangement with Omar. I’ve been sympathetic to Jonah, but him telling Ruth who Javier is was a reckless move that will get her killed if Marty doesn’t stop her, which I assume he will. I hated to see Wyatt get killed. He was a good kid who could never escape the f’ed up adults in his life.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DBW said:

Yeah crap, that’s true…maybe it isn’t then. 😂 or maybe he banks on surviving - taking the chance.  

I’m thinking that that wreck will keep them from getting somewhere that Javier was going to ambush them. Still, I see this ending with Marty dead and Wendy pursuing her dreams.

One thing about the whole Maya sequence toward the end that was a head scratcher was when she was watching the news with her mom, and her mom

Spoiler

got really serious when she saw the Navarro bust and said "What did you do?". The sequence made it seem as though Omar left the meeting with the FBI and headed straight to the airport, with the arrest happening on his route. First off, there's no way that Maya would have had the time to coordinate the operation with law enforcement. Second, why would her mom react that way?  Maybe she's been telling her mom all about her dealings with Marty and Omar, I doubt it, but maybe.  But even still, the arrest would not seem out of the ordinary unless her mom also knew about the FBI leadership actually using the cartel for funding rather than trying to bust them, which there's no way that her mom could have known, because that had only come to light that day. I get that they were trying to convey that it was a bold move by Maya, even to her mom, but how they went about conveying that just didn't make sense.

• Like 1

finally started this season and was reminded 10 minutes in how annoying this show can be. 

Spoiler

f'n wendy...probably still has that other bro-ad's brains in her hair...but repeatedly talking back to the leader of the f'n cartel.  jeezus...somebody shoot her already...please.

this show has hovered in the pretty good to meh range for me...tell me this season is worth watching. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1