GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ Seattle Seahawks, 12-18-23, 8:15 PM EST

EagleJoe8

3 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

It may not, but you can't stick with what is going on.  Maybe he can use up some of that immature energy on playcalling.

For who?  For what?  His play calling won't help beat a team like Atlanta or New Orleans at this point and we will 100% find out in about a month. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it me or has Jordan Davis regressed  these last few games.  I am not seeing the same level of efforts and intensity.  As big as he is, he should be able to occupy his lane plus one.

JD was getting manhandled quite a bit this game.

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

I gave up on the one seed last week. 

Feeling like a one and done playoff team right now.

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Send Brown on a blitz. He can’t cover so maybe he can use his speed to get there. 

Get there for what, to miss the tackle?  .

14 minutes ago, VeeMak said:

You need a clearing route on the vast majority of pass play concepts.  AJ cleared a CB and a safety on that route.  Who was open?  We will have to wait for the All 22 to see.  But it’s been happening all season.  I don’t blame the coaches on that play.  That was 100 percent on Hurts 

Looked to me like Geodart was wide open on 7 yards out and would have gotten out of bounds easily.

36 minutes ago, RoadToHell said:

Just play the back ups for the rest of the year who cares 

The Eagles will be going to the playoffs and the starters need rest.  

New alternative weapons that Hurts will use need to be developed.   Find players on the roster who can be big back.  The eagles need big back in the 4th.  The jumbo package.  Very heavy guy who is hard to tackle and blocks and pushes well.   Instead of only brown and Smith, add this new guy, have him run for 5 yards or try to.  I list all kinds of names, eagles who weigh 230 or more.  One of them or many.  

I really wish we didn't win some of those games we did earlier on now.  We need the best draft capital we can afford for Howie to blow it on more defensive linemen. 

Just now, proveagle said:

Looked to me like Geodart was wide open on 7 yards out and would have gotten out of bounds easily.

I will look for that on All 22 when it drops.  But that would make sense.  Do you remember which side of the formation DG was on at the snap? 

4 minutes ago, PDD said:

Is it me or has Jordan Davis regressed  these last few games.  I am not seeing the same level of efforts and intensity.  As big as he is, he should be to occupy his lane plus one.

i watched him handled quite a bit this last game.

Rookie wall.  He will be a stud for years to come barring injury 

One of the things with Hurts is that he set such a ridiculous standard last year.  Some of these deficiencies were around when he came out of school.  The kid is a winner. Great intangibles.  But he's never been patient in the pocket and has loved the deep sideline routes and ignored the underneath for years.  Too much hero ball. He could get away with locking in on a receiver or two. We have won alot because of him, but I think defenses are honing in on who he is.  That's up to him and the coaches to develop his skills further and shape the offense to help him.  

3 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

and the starters need rest.  

For what? Our first round exit?

4 minutes ago, NOTW said:

hmm

Not a fan of that response.  Feels passive aggressive with a token "it starts with me”. So who is the "we” and what aren’t "we” committed to exactly 

2 minutes ago, VeeMak said:

I will look for that on All 22 when it drops.  But that would make sense.  Do you remember which side of the formation DG was on at the snap? 

Right side of formation he chipped and leaked out and was easy throw for 5-7 yards. There was some crosser from left coming in in medium void from Browns route but it was covered.

Zero reason with two timeouts and needing 15 yards to get in FG attempt range to throw that. And it was also a crap under throw into double coverage.

43 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

They will lose next week, and the week after, and the week after that. And end the season on a 7 game losing streak after their first round exit to whoever wins the NFC South.

I doubt it

This team does not know how to attack the middle of the field.  Our short yard game is ineffective.  There is no rhythm to the offense.  It has been like that all season.

These stinking bubble screens are ineffective and are being called way too much.  Asking our 165 lbs receiver to gain and maintain leverage on a 200lbs athletic defenders is simply asinine!

He is either going to get hurt or we will lose yardage on the play.

1 minute ago, VeeMak said:

Not a fan of that response.  Feels passive aggressive with a token "it starts with me”. So who is the "we” and what aren’t "we” committed to exactly 

" I can’t read defenses and I struggle to go through my progressions under this lackluster offensive scheme designed by ignorant coaches”  was the correct answer 

On a positive note, they will at least get the 2nd place schedule next year

40 minutes ago, The Holy Vagabond said:

So fraudulent. Whenever hurts scrambles, nobody on offense moves. They just stand there where they were. We’re still running wr screens and look surprised as it gets negative yards. I call all the eagles plays with 95% accuracy in the red zone. It’s so Fing predictable. 

🗑️🗑️

Was anyone else watching the ManningCast? When they asked Christian McCaffrey what would happen/how would the Eagles score he called the exact play 3 or 4 times in a row.

I watched the last play a few times and the overall route combinations were dog crap. There was no meaningful medium route into Browns void unless you call Watkins crosser from slot left good.  It was covered his route and effort not great and it was too slow developing.  Hurts should have thrown the out to DG taken the 7 yards. Overall I hate the play call and design for that point in the game. The coaching Fing sucks.

1 hour ago, Birdman said:

They got gashed on the ground and gave up a game winning TD within the closing seconds of the game to a journeyman backup QB 

How in gods name is that any better?

Are you being serious? So what they gave up a TD. The play was executed well…there was nothing Bradbury could’ve done. The only other thing that could’ve happened is to put Reed over in a position to bracket the wr kinda like they did AJ on that last play. One on one, a young star wr was faster than Bradberry. No ish. There were a lot more immediate tackles in this game, and more times than not, players seemed to be in much better positions than they have been previously.

43 minutes ago, manz2821 said:

Maybe Mariota might have played better and took what the D gave him and not play hero bowl. 

He might have played better because he didn't have the flu.  

The Eagles main players are tired and could use rest.  The Eagles could have put Mariota out there and ran a lot.  Marita is plenty fast.   Put new guys out there, see what they can do.  Maybe if Mariota is the Qb, maybe he has a different set of players that he throws to.  Maybe the ball will be thrown to Albert ok and Covey, and whoever the eagles choose for their big back

48 minutes ago, PDD said:

I am not pining this loss on Bradberry alone,  but man, he has been a liability all season.  He makes that play and we are not talking about this stinging loss.

I think he should’ve had help over the top in that situation instead of just man.

Patricia’s calls seemed decent overall. Looked to me more like players on the field didn’t execute. 

Archived