GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ Seattle Seahawks, 12-18-23, 8:15 PM EST

EagleJoe8

4 minutes ago, D.WATSfromda757 said:

I think he should’ve had help over the top in that situation instead of just man.

I don’t disagree with you, especially given his propensity to play like crap.  

on the other hand, we can’t double team everyone.  

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, proveagle said:

Patricia’s calls seemed decent overall. Looked to me more like players on the field didn’t execute. 

I’ll say this - the defense was more aggressive and got their hands on way more passes.  Should have had a few INTs honestly.  It it weren’t for FRAUDberry we may have won. 

46 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

5 offensive TDs in last 3 games?  

The offense is as bad as the defense and the offense has a lot more talent. 

7 minutes ago, PDD said:

I don’t disagree with you, especially given his propensity to play like crap.  

on the other hand, we can’t double team everyone.  

That play, I just think that Reed was just too slow to help on that play. The pass was placed where only the wr could catch it, at the very limit. Contrast that with the play at the end where the safety came over and intercepted Hurts…or the play were Sidney came over to help on Metcalf…should’ve made a play on the  ball because of the size disadvantage Metcalf had on him and Bradberry…but he atleast got there.

51 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Howie put this group together. A lot of guys passed their prime and he hasn’t done nearly enough to replenish the talent as a whole. Kudos for drafting Carter, but we need a lot more than that.

There are a lot of players that we haven't seen much of.

The offense is much more narrow than other teams, much more narrow than the players on the roster.  

Hurts brown Smith goedert are all stars but that does not mean that you keep your stars on the field at all times.  Tyreek hill is a bigger star than  the Eagles guys,  but he comes off the field, the Eagles don't have players they use in different situations,  its just lacking.  There is something that should be there and it's missing.  

When it's the 4th q and you want to run, do you really want Smith out there?

How about a big powerful runner who can block instead?

Oh,  Smith can't be out there that much?

Wrong, Smith leads the NFL in snaps at wr.  Stop that.

Hurts just needs to be suspended from playing buddy ball until The Eagles are up three or more TDs. Buddy ball is costing games, every game AJ has beef…the fire is cool and all, but ef all that, it’s costing games…SECURE the win FIRST before all the other off scripted nonsense.

7 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

The offense is as bad as the defense and the offense has a lot more talent. 

One passing td in the last 3 games and that too was in garbage time against the niners. The offense and the qb are broken.

1 hour ago, ShutDownDB said:

Man I've been thinking that all season, but haven't said it because Hurts and the team found ways to win. Well thats over now and he looks like an average QB.

Running qbs are best.

Running qbs are good at running right out of college, you can get 4 solid and cheap years out of a Running qb and they're often cheap, Jalen was a 2nd rounder.

1 hour ago, VeeMak said:

Exactly…and the offense is designed to have multiple options availed to the QB.  I have serious doubts that the coaches are telling Jalen who he must throw to on a given play.  That’s not how football works.  

Jalen doesn't decide who is on the field.

Smith leads all wrs in snaps.

Put a bigger wr on the field when you want to run.

1 hour ago, VeeMak said:

The calls tend to even out over a game.  Truth is, the pass to watkins was under thrown.  Just bad decision making by the $250 million dollar man a lot tonight 

I don’t know man, I mean did they call holding on Seattle’s O-line even once?  One or two totally justified holding calls kill one of their scoring drives and we win this game.  

Not to excuse that crap show the coaches put on at all of course.  That was a stupid route, stupid play call, and stupid throw in that situation.   

1 hour ago, Portyansky said:

Kelce penalty was legit. Watkins none call was BS and way more obvious than the Bradberry call on DK

Hmm, I don’t know man…I don’t think Kelce has to keep the ball completely still when the O-line isn’t even lined up yet.  They just like to screw us out of doing the brotherly shove because they know we’re gonna get it.  

45 minutes ago, DBW said:

I’ll say this - the defense was more aggressive and got their hands on way more passes.  Should have had a few INTs honestly.  It it weren’t for FRAUDberry we may have won. 

Bradberry had a rough drive there at the end.  Sydney Brown missed like 5-6 tackles that led to massive gains.  I couldn’t believe he wasn’t benched 

I'm just trying to take away some positives from this game. We are not winning the Superbowl anyways, so our record doesn't really matter at this point.

I think the defense has something to build on. Jalen Carter is the real deal. We have some good but really raw talent in the secondary. We really need to draft a great LB.

The offense though.....it's totally broken at this point, and the problems are numerous. Every touchdown feels like a miracle.

First of all, the pass protection has been inconsistent, and mostly bad. Whenever it's 3rd and long and Hurts has to throw, he NEVER gets a clean pocket and always has to run for his life. 

And Hurts has been trying to do too much, but the playcalling is not giving him any help at all. That's a coaching issue and I dunno if it will be fixed this season.

Quick question: do we not have a slot receiver on this team anymore?

Can’t win games as a team with no identity. Literally not one thing we can hang our hat on constantly. No part of the defense, no part of the offense. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Oh God is this some sort of dual quarterback system you’re trying to run or something? 

You can read whatever you want into "yes of a sort".

I have confidence in mariota.  mariota can catch a pass

Need to get Penny and start calling some single back and getting our OL downhill. Gotta play a more north south game, setup  play action. Hurts isn’t Tom Brady or Peyton Manning.  He needs the run to work to give The offense the best chance. 

18 minutes ago, GoEagles614 said:

Need to get Penny and start calling some single back and getting our OL downhill. Gotta play a more north south game, setup  play action. Hurts isn’t Tom Brady or Peyton Manning.  He needs the run to work to give The offense the best chance. 

Nah we need to bust out any recordings we have of last season and watch those.  I have a bad feeling that's as good as things are going to get for quite awhile, and I'm talking 2-3 years. 

Saw the end of the game live so know that the outcome and did see it briefly at 10-3 eagles so need to watch the game in full go see where we went wrong.

15 minutes ago, EaglesIreland said:

Saw the end of the game live so know that the outcome and did see it briefly at 10-3 eagles so need to watch the game in full go see where we went wrong.

Yeah I wouldn't...it honestly was a bad game to watch.  Both offenses looked like trash for most of the game, yet even still, you'll just pull your hair out watching the Eagles simply not take what's being given to them on offense time and f'n time again when they have an opportunity to put it away.   

3 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

No you're not. You'll be back throwing tantrums in all future game threads.

Mark my words I will not be watching another game unless it’s a 1pm EST game. So next week is already out.

3 hours ago, Southparkeagles said:

I have them winning the final three, but what does it really matter anyway. They’re either one and done in the playoffs or they’re not getting past Dallas or SF. No shot to make the SB. Absolutely no shot. 

They aren’t winning the final 3 not a chance. They’ll win 1 of them I think.

3 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

See you next week.  Go rest up.  Ugly loss.

No I’m deadly serious I’m not watching another game unless it’s 6pm GMT. No chance am I wasting my time.

16 minutes ago, b_west3 said:

Yeah I wouldn't...it honestly was a bad game to watch.  Both offenses looked like trash for most of the game, yet even still, you'll just pull your hair out watching the Eagles simply not take what's being given to them on offense time and f'n time again when they have an opportunity to put it away.   

I know it’s not going to be fun but it’s what happens when you’re a fan of a sports team. 

Archived