The Eagles need new coordinators - OC and DC

eaglesfan0075

13 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I won’t deny that there’s an organizational/philosophical problem within the organization. I agree with that assessment. With that being the case this all won’t easily change with coordinator changes especially coordinators that Sirianni didn’t hire and possibly do not share the same ideologies. Fangio is said to be kind of a no nonsense disciplinarian, but how does that jive with Sirianni’s light practices, and motivational speeches? I don’t think this is the match made in heaven people are assuming it will be.  

Oh, I'm not sure if it'll be a match made in heaven either. But I actually think it might be good to have these contrasting opinions. Consider what Hargrave said, if he was being truthful, about Eagles practice vs 49ers practice.

I think a lot of the younger coaches have lighter practices unless they're connected to an older guy who taught them the importance of heavier practices - the CBA kind of ruined practice habits. I actually think contrasting ideologies is good, unless the individuals are too immature to handle the differences of thought, because the contrasting opinions and perspectives usually creates better coverage when hashed out from a collaborative perspective.

I also think if you have a no nonsense guy it can help to have people who aren't that rough to kind of help 'translate', more or less. We'll have to see though, I think it can go well or go poorly. But if it goes well, we might see more detailed practices too, which is good.

4 minutes ago, AmericanEagle77 said:

Oh, I'm not sure if it'll be a match made in heaven either. But I actually think it might be good to have these contrasting opinions. Consider what Hargrave said, if he was being truthful, about Eagles practice vs 49ers practice.

I think a lot of the younger coaches have lighter practices unless they're connected to an older guy who taught them the importance of heavier practices - the CBA kind of ruined practice habits. I actually think contrasting ideologies is good, unless the individuals are too immature to handle the differences of thought, because the contrasting opinions and perspectives usually creates better coverage when hashed out from a collaborative perspective.

I also think if you have a no nonsense guy it can help to have people who aren't that rough to kind of help 'translate', more or less. We'll have to see though, I think it can go well or go poorly. But if it goes well, we might see more detailed practices too, which is good.

Perhaps I am being too negative here, but right now all Sirianni has is his philosophy. He has no real power over the offense or the defense. He controls the preparation. Now maybe he’s willing to forgo even that in order to try and save his job, but if he’s giving up even the one thing he controls I ask what is the purpose of keeping him? This situation is delaying the inevitable and that is the removal of Sirianni. How many coaches in the final year of their contract are successful especially one who has a new OC and new DC? On top of this we have the very well documented struggles of Jalen Hurts when he has to deal with a new OC. I don’t see this situation as one that is just going to all come together and simply work out, because that would be an unprecedented outcome.  

On 1/19/2024 at 12:00 PM, Talonblood said:

Yeah, they promoted from within last year. How'd that go? 🤣

It is a lot like gambling.in regards to drafting players, hiring coaches, etc. you make educated guesses based on facts, stats, trends and analytics. What you don't do is make personnel choices based on emotions, especially the fans motivated by certain media analysts. That is a recipe for failure. 

GO BIRDS!

• Like 1

On 1/18/2024 at 4:04 AM, AmericanEagle77 said:

Pretty sure if Stoutland wanted to be OC he would by now. Man has survived like three head coaching changes. And he probably already has a nice salary. Lol.

He is in my opinion and should be everyone's opinion the best Offensive Line coach in NFL history.