The Eagles need new coordinators - OC and DC

eaglesfan0075

Team is doomed. No one got fired yet. We are running it back lol.

• Like 3

On 1/15/2024 at 11:28 AM, 315Eagles said:

My guess is that BJ stays and they bring in an additional offensive coach to help him, someone like Reich.  The offense wasn't 2022 good but it's not like they were scoring 14 a game.  Who knows maybe BJ improves as a OC and play caller in year 2.  We've seen it many times with coaches.  But a vet coach to help him out wouldn't hurt.

Defense on the other hand needs a cleansing.  This is the biggest reason we haven't been good.  If they were even middle of the pack we'd be at worst the 2 seed.

Defense needs new coaches everywhere, new scheme and a good amount of new players. 

That would be unbelievably inexcusable to bring Nick back and keep BJ as the OC.  The offense was atrocious most of the season.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Well obviously they cannot fire BJ right now since he is interviewing for head coaching jobs. I dont know how that affirmative action thing works but i doubt Eagles would get anything in return if they fired BJ first.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

Team is doomed. No one got fired yet. We are running it back lol.

Patience young grasshopper 

IMG_0499.jpeg

• Like 1

On 1/15/2024 at 7:56 PM, eaglesfan0075 said:

BJ should be demoted back to QB coach or just let go altogether. The team gambled on him making the leap to NFL offensive coordinator and it failed miserably.

Sirianni is no seasoned playcaller either so this is where someone like Frank Reich or another veteran OC comes into play. 

As for the defense, I agree it needs a big overhaul in both coaches and players. Matt Patricia is probably following Belichick wherever he goes. If Sean Desai wants to stick around as a position coach fine, but otherwise it's better to get a new staff on that side of the ball.

Johnson and the rest of the staff, with exception of Clay and Stoutland, should be jettisoned as soon as possible. The entire O and D needs a rework. A new QB coach is essential to get Hurts back from his free fall towards the end of the season. 

• Like 2

Not really his fault but he needed to go.

The OC better be next to leave. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LacesOut said:

Not really his fault but he needed to go.

The OC better be next to leave. 

I think Desai will bounce back somewhere else, if not as a DC at least a position coach. At least he showed the ability to make adjustments and work with the personnel we had. He was definitely given a raw deal with the mid-season demotion but was still a risky hire for a team that has SB aspirations.

For a young team that's rebuilding and has time to grow, he could be a solid fit.

Time to go hire someone like Rivera or Martindale.

• Like 2

This team shouldn’t delude itself into thinking it can win a SB.  Our defense is the worst in the entire league.  It needs to be totally rebuilt.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, EagleMatt said:

Desai & Patricia out. All that's left is BJ to gtfo.

And man oh man does he need to go. I can’t quite believe he’s still here to be honest. I think it’s a complete joke. I get the reasons because he’s interviewing for HC roles but it seems there’s no real accountability for the offense.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And man oh man does he need to go. I can’t quite believe he’s still here to be honest. I think it’s a complete joke. I get the reasons because he’s interviewing for HC roles but it seems there’s no real accountability for the offense.

He's interviewing for multiple HC spots.  I know people think he doesn't stand a chance in hell to land one (TBH I'm one of them lol) but no one thought Gannon would either so it makes sense to let him ride this out until the hiring cycle is over for those teams.  If by some miracle some teams makes him their HC we get 2 x 3rd round comp picks so worth the wait.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

He's interviewing for multiple HC spots.  I know people think he doesn't stand a chance in hell to land one (TBH I'm one of them lol) but no one thought Gannon would either so it makes sense to let him ride this out until the hiring cycle is over for those teams.  If by some miracle some teams makes him their HC we get 2 x 3rd round comp picks so worth the wait.  

Rooney rule interviews.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Oh really? Did not realise that! I mean look he may well go on to be a good HC or a good OC somewhere. I don't think he is the main problem here (I think that is Sirianni and his lame offensive scheme) but BJ did nothing to suggest he deserves to be back.

• Like 1

Watching the playoffs and what OTHER OC's and DC's are currently doing, I am just flat out amazed how pathetic our playcalling actually was this year.  I mean if it weren't for the quality of our actual players, we might have won 3 games.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

Watching the playoffs and what OTHER OC's and DC's are currently doing, I am just flat out amazed how pathetic our playcalling actually was this year.  I mean if it weren't for the quality of our actual players, we might have won 3 games.

Our play calling and scheme lets not forget. There is nothing remotely creative about it. We just send out our players and hope that they win their match ups. There is never anything during a game where you think "wow that was good" or "yeah that was well designed". The impressive plays are those that Hurts manages to evade the pass rush and find AJ or Smitty deep down the field. Those were few and far between but that was about it.

• Like 1

I mean, do you watch these teams scheme people wide open in the red zone and go...WTF!?!?!?!  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NYEagle said:

Yep, watching Tampa pick up the blitz and use it to their advantage to score a TD was depressing. Its inexcusable that our coaching staff can't figure that out. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Yep, watching Tampa pick up the blitz and use it to their advantage to score a TD was depressing. Its inexcusable that our coaching staff can't figure that out. 

Then watching KC pick up a blitz from the right side, Mahomes step ever so subtly to his left then climb the pocket, eyes downfield, and deliver a strike for about 30+ yards on a 3rd and long reminded me of the countless times our QB1, when faced with the same scenario, bailed out to his right and jogged to the sideline to throw it out of bounds or slide for a loss of yardage.  *sigh*

2 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Rooney rule interviews.

He did one of them on zoom, which doesn't count for the Rooney Rule. And Atlanta had already interviewed other minority coaches to satisfy the Rooney Rule before BJ. So he's getting actual interest.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NOTW said:

He did one of them on zoom, which doesn't count for the Rooney Rule. And Atlanta had already interviewed other minority coaches to satisfy the Rooney Rule before BJ. So he's getting actual interest.

Does anyone know why he's getting "actual interest"?  I mean the play calling was trash all year, the scheme/design was trash, the QB regressed significantly.  He had a roster loaded with Hall of Famers and All Pros and managed to make them look like an incompetent, pedestrian, bottom of the barrel offense. 

Rivera is going to interview for the DC role

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Procus said:

image.thumb.png.d72daf821c0f74bb2e836fe664198848.png

Going to be interesting to see how Hurts handles this news.  Wasn't he just quoted saying that he, Siri, and Johnson will get it back the offense back on track?