Bobby Hoying as QB Coach

Howie Roseman as D Coordinator

Dave Campo as Special Teams Coach.

Dream Team!

So I'm guessing Juan Castillo is GM...

1 minute ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

So I'm guessing Juan Castillo is GM...

Correct. It is the best he can do.

If we have to keep Nick, then Greg Roman as OC.  He made Lamar Jackson into the MVP in 2019 and Hurts obviously is a similar player.  Was OC for those contending 49ers teams a decade ago also.  Likes to run the ball.

Basically a long track record of success as an OC and for some reason never got a shot as a head coach, so probably wouldn't be gone soon as he's not young and hot anymore.  Also comes from the Philly area I believe (AC?).

If they are going to keep a head coach who brings very little to the table (which appears to be the case) they need to surround him with two top notch coordinators preferably with head coaching experience. Not what I would do at all but based on how this appears it will be the best case scenario.

6 hours ago, Heavywchamp said:

Yeah It sucks for BJ. He was in way over his head as OC and now he'll be looking for another job soon unless they fire the current QB coach and let him have his old job back. 

Desai got the worst deal in all of this. Total trash personnel at LB, CB2, CB3, S1, S2 at times depending on who was hurt. Aging DL that burned out during the gauntlet and after dumping rotational pieces. Then got demoted in season. Career killer.

• Like 2

Saw an article that brought up a good point.

Maybe Reich wouldn't want to come back to work for the Eagles.  After all didn't Howie and Lurie try to fire him after the 2016 season?  Maybe Reich still remembers that and has a little resentment.

19 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Maybe Reich wouldn't want to come back to work for the Eagles.  After all didn't Howie and Lurie try to fire him after the 2016 season?  Maybe Reich still remembers that and has a little resentment.

Reich's offense philosophy may be stale. Hence why he's out of a job.

2 hours ago, Soumak said:

Kubiak for OC? --- he is literally getting overshadowed by his coordinators...why even keep him.

So Doug with Reich and Schwartz?

1 hour ago, judunno said:

Desai got the worst deal in all of this. Total trash personnel at LB, CB2, CB3, S1, S2 at times depending on who was hurt. Aging DL that burned out during the gauntlet and after dumping rotational pieces. Then got demoted in season. Career killer.

Considering how badly the defense collapsed after he was demoted, Desai  actually comes out of it looking better than expected.  I think he’ll land on his feet and be fine long term.

Ron Rivera 

Tom Clements - coached Aaron Rodgers almost his entire career. Bounced between OC and QB coach there, with a stint making Kyler Murray a pro bowler. Now back and made Jordan Love a good qb. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

image.png

16 ppg

3 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

Kind of personally out on Reich myself. Really what has he accomplished offensively since he left Philly? The guy who was supposed to fix Wentz didn’t do anything of the sort. People are just living in the past sentiments. 

This is a great thought, but what experienced and professional would want to be led by Sirianni?  Seriously, this concept involve hiring people who are better at his job than he is. It's more likely that they are digging around college and position coaches again.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AmericanEagle77 said:

So Doug with Reich and Schwartz?

I don’t consider those 2 at the same level as some of these other coaches we are talking about. But definitely a fair comparison especially with Schwartz. 

also was reading an article talking about if nick is back he is going to be a super hot seat coach. Any mistake next year is going to be taken to extremes by the media. It’s going to be a ton of pressure unless they are dominating teams week in and week out. I just don’t see him rising to that pressure. His only saving grace would be how well his coordinators perform not him. 

On 1/14/2024 at 3:50 PM, kiwieagle said:

I'm on board with Reich coming back, either as an OC or even if its just in an advisory role. More brains never hurt. But two things may get in the way:

1. I'm not sure Reich coaches next year. He sounded a little burnt out at his last thank you Panthers interview/conference. Might be a case of where the guy just takes a year off to recharge his batteries 

2. Bears - Eberflus will make a play for him. And Reich would have the full keys to the offence there with both having an existing relationship (as he does with Siri)

"Reich is owed $36M from the Panthers through 2026...."

If true. That's enough incentive to take a year or two off...hell, if i was getting that, I'd be content to sit at home with my thumb up my butt....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Kind of personally out on Reich myself. Really what has he accomplished offensively since he left Philly? The guy who was supposed to fix Wentz didn’t do anything of the sort. People are just living in the past sentiments. 

He had a very good season with Luck, then made Brissett look competent, and had a great season with Rivers. He had to endure a pretty bad QB carousel and was doomed by the decline of Wentz and Ryan. 

Most importantly, during the 2020 season, he and Sirianni ran a terrific offense even with Rivers' diminished arm. 

His tenure in Carolina... oh well, I don't think even Vince Lombardi would be able to do much with that roster. 

• Haha 1

On 1/17/2024 at 8:22 PM, JournalistMic said:

The most obvious to me is promoting from within proven excellence in motivation of players, coaching up the talent in some cases very raw talent and refining it to elite level. Even ProBowl level this should be a clear and easy choice for both owner Jeff Lurie and General Manager Howie Roseman.

The Eagles new Offensive Coordinator should be Jeff Stoutland, the Eagles (eventual Hall of Fame Offensive Line Coach). Of course if he turns it down, nothing you can do about that but he should have the first offer on the table with a nice salary.

image.png.5f75f9c8562d4596c5851461d6c92963.png

As far as the new Defensive Coordinator the answer is another easy one in my opinion. The Philadephia Eagles under GM Howie Roseman have drafted and signed a lot of Georgia Bulldog players. Why not hire the guy that coached them up to success in college?  Georgia's HC Kirby Smart or more obtainable CO-DC Glenn Schumann.

Yeah, they promoted from within last year. How'd that go? 🤣

• Like 1

14 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah... I was looking at Bieniemy if he's dumped but reports are that the players didn't quite care for him so something must be going on there. He also didn't run the ball much.

4 hours ago, beto_eagles said:

He had a very good season with Luck, then made Brissett look competent, and had a great season with Rivers. He had to endure a pretty bad QB carousel and was doomed by the decline of Wentz and Ryan. 

Most importantly, during the 2020 season, he and Sirianni ran a terrific offense even with Rivers' diminished arm. 

His tenure in Carolina... oh well, I don't think even Vince Lombardi would be able to do much with that roster. 

I mean Andrew Luck didn’t make many coordinators look bad when he was healthy. Brining in Sirianni’s idol doesn’t quite fix the issues here. Just doubles down on what we are already watching. Reich as a returning OC hiring doesn’t excite me anymore than a returning Marty Mornhinweg did. 

Wishlist for OC and DC:

OC

Frank Reich - Probably the most realistic option with his history with the team as the OC for the 2017-18 Super Bowl team even if not the most exciting hire. However it wouldn't be surprising if he decides to take a break from coaching altogether and enjoy getting paid his residual salary after two consecutive rough stints as a HC. Upside is that he's probably not getting another HC gig anytime soon.

Kellen Moore - Actually interviewed for the Eagles HC position before they went with Sirianni in 2021, but ended up taking a lateral move from Dallas to Los Angeles as the Chargers OC. While the Chargers have been disappointing this year, Moore did show promise during his stint in Dallas to get the HC consideration in the first place. There is a risk with Moore getting HC consideration down the road given that he's still fairly young, but he does have upside. Perhaps as an internal candidate to replace Siri if the offense does really well but the defense holds us back again?

Eric Bieniemy - The Commanders weren't particularly great on offense, but this is more of a projection as to what he can do with the Eagles talent on offense given the players we have and looking at KC's recent success when Bieniemy was there. Perhaps we get lucky with another former Andy Reid protege from KC? For all the talk about Bieniemy being HC material, it simply hasn't materialized for whatever reason, perhaps poor interviewing as some speculated? Maybe he ends up being a career OC?

DC

Ron Rivera - Well respected and has ties to the Eagles organization, being a disciple of the Jim Johnson coaching tree that has yielded success for this team in the early 2000s, checks a lot of the boxes with what the defense needs. Let's take a step back from the craze to replicate Vic Fangio's defense and go back to that aggressive blitzing style of defense (with improvements in personnel of course). Also probably done as a HC, so great choice to keep at DC long-term

Wink Martindale - Speaking of aggressive blitzing defenses, Martindale hails from the Baltimore coaching tree having spent time learning under Dean Pees with the Ravens before taking the Giants job. Given that Baltimore has a strong reputation of fielding solid defenses year in and year out, this would also be a solid hire since he's actually available and has prior DC experience, unlike some of the other Ravens assistants looking for a DC job. Was considered a HC candidate prior to taking the Giants job, so there is some risk of him leaving for one as well.

Glenn Schumann - While he has no NFL DC experience, Schumann has worked with the two most marquee programs in the SEC as of late in Alabama and Georgia, being the co-DC/DC of the latter for the past few seasons. Given the Eagles prior interest in him for the DC job last offseason and the significant recent investment in Georgia defensive players (Jordan Davis, Jalen Carter, Nolan Smith, Nakobe Dean, Kelee Ringo), it makes sense to bring someone these young players have had success under in the past to see if he can maximize their talent. Schumann is pretty young, so one would think he might want to parlay a successful NFL DC career into a HC job in either the NFL or college.

In terms of lowest likelihood to leave this team in a year to become a HC, the Reich-Rivera combo is probably our best best, but the team should still explore other options.

Sounds like they want Brian Johnson back. They are only changing the defensive coordinator. Whose excited for next season!?

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

41 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Sounds like they want Brian Johnson back. They are only changing the defensive coordinator. Whose excited for next season!?

Howie thinks someone else will hire Johnson as a HC and he’ll get a draft pick for the minority hire.

Howie will screw up the pick anyway. 

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

Why not run it back with Patricia then also?  Next year = rebuilding / tanking / processing year.

• Like 1

I'm only half serious.......

To me, this owner wants what he wants.  I say give it to him and let him choke on it.  Defense is an afterthought to Jeffy.  Just get in the way.  He wants splash play, entertaining offense.  Fine.  Go full Air Raid.   Hire Kingsbury as OC.

Cap concerns?

Don't need any TE, RB's mostly or smaller OL.   Bye to every back but Scott. (KR)  Bye Dallas and the room (unless they think they can convert Albert O. to H-back.

No need to worry about paying Smith.  Plenty of room to now.  See if OZ can work as a double slot, and go shopping for receiver depth.

Shouldn't be hard to find some UDFA H- backs. As ball carriers, Nicholls is on the taxi, is Brooks still around?  They'll do.

Move on from Hurts.  Trade him to a needy team that will use him as he must be used.   Start developing McKee.  Look for cheap prototypes that buy you time.  You need tall QB who can read, process and distribute the rock quick.

Get a ton of cap room and cash off the books to spend on giant OL and defensive help.  This team needs blowing up.

If you hired somebody "like" a Gregg Williams as DC the soft stuff is out - and with it players like Jordan Davis, Nolan Smith and * Haasan Reddick. *who doesn't fit in a 4-3 for me.

4-3 DE and back 7 help cost money and capital.  You might find some to start the transfusion.

As I said....only half serious.....because I can't fire the owner and GM -and Sirianni returning is enough of a turn off as it is.