Jason Kelce officially announces retirement 3/4/24

paco

Of course @LeanMeanGM beat us all to it, but I felt like this deserves it's own thread. 

On 1/16/2024 at 7:38 AM, LeanMeanGM said:

Here's to one of the all time greats.

EmnfjAH.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 8

Deserved a much better ending to his career. Future hall of famer. An all time Eagle.

• Like 6

Just now, kiwinavega said:

Deserved a much better ending to his career. Future hall of famer. An all time Eagle.

Without a doubt, but let's just focus on him because he deserves so much of our adulation and respect for a great career as an eagle.  I'm surprisingly a little emotional about this news.  I hope he continues to have a significant presence with the team.  

• Like 2

I'll bet he couldn't wait for this miserable season to be over with (once it started going off the tracks and there were absolutely no signs that these coaches can get it back on) and is probably thinking "I came back for this?!?!"

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39320253/jason-kelce-tells-eagles-teammates-retiring-sources-say

• Like 6

I am really going to hate seeing him leave....he deserved a way better ending....he has been the heart and soul of this team.....

• Like 6

Sad to see him go. My all time favorite Eagle. Never ever had to question his effort and dedication. I also hope he stays with the organization but wish him the best with whatever he does. 

• Like 1

I hope he pulls a Favre. I hope it was just the emotions of the loss. But with a new baby on the way, I think he's had enough. To the booth he goes.

Actually, something just hit me. What if he takes over for Merril?

I would love to see him in the organization. He's a positive presence to have

• Like 5

Sad day in franchise history... retire that 62 ... He really is the epitome of the Philadelphia Eagles and the city.

• Like 3

Can’t believe they let him go out like this

• Like 3

I'll be looking forward to his speech at Canton.

• Like 6

Sad to see him go. This has been a long time coming and he's earned it. You hate to see him go out on a bad loss but very few players ever go out on top.

• Like 1

Admittedly I was on his ass when he was playing poorly in early parts of his career. Then he turned it around in a biggly way with a little help from Stoutland. Thanks for the SB and the memories. Doesn't happen without him.

• Like 5

That news is so devastating! Always knew it would happen one day, but I am totally gutted about losing the best C in the league...a total legend! Such a great player, but also such a great individual too...

After starting 193 consecutive games, that line will just look so wrong without Kelce anchoring it...

Good luck Jason in all that you do in your next stage of your career,...you were/are loved by everyone in Philly, and will be sorely missed. Wear that Superbowl ring with pride...I am so pleased for you that you got one before you retired!

Hashtag #62Legend

• Like 2

Damn, I thought ht would at least take some time and think about coming back.  That'll be a big loss.

• Like 1

Not really surprised. I’d want out of this train wreck as well.

• Like 4

I knew when he got emotional from Travis teasing him during his recent podcast that this was his final run.  Thanks for the memories, and for helping to give this franchise its only Super Bowl.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Dweedlebug said:

I'll be looking forward to his speech at Canton.

As a full-blown Mummer ideally.

• Like 1

He is an Eagles legend and future HOF'er. Hopefully he sticks around and mentors Jurgens as he hand picked him to replace him.

I would have liked to see him take the final snap instead of come out of the game, just from a sentimental standpoint.

• Like 1

Thanks Jason, your talent and leadership will be missed, but never forgotten.

• Like 1

Haven't been this sad about an Eagle leaving since the news of Dawks trade to Denver broke. When he goes into Canton, I know I'll be making that trip. He's a Philly Living Legend.

• Like 1

Sad that his last game was the culmination of this dysfunctional mess. 

Luckily, the stench associated with this horrific ending, will eventually fade from his legacy.

• Like 1

A legend that retired at the top of his position 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Mike030270 said:

A legend that retired at the top of his position 

That's what I'm choosing to focus on as the end of his legendary career...a 6th 1st-team All-Pro, and not that putrid pile of fetid hot dog water they put on the field last night.

• Like 1