Jason Kelce officially announces retirement 3/4/24

paco

After watching his documentary, I don't think it makes sense for him to come back. His body must be exhausted, he's received many hits on the head, he has three little girls to take care at home, he's already rich and will keep making money, his wife seems to prefer that he retires, he's already a legend and a hall of famer. So, why keep playing?

I honestly wish him a happy retirement. It would be pretty bad if he ends up injured or with CTE. And hey, if the Eagles win another SB, he's still invited to the parade and has open mic for another speech. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, beto_eagles said:

After watching his documentary, I don't think it makes sense for him to come back. His body must be exhausted, he's received many hits on the head, he has three little girls to take care at home, he's already rich and will keep making money, his wife seems to prefer that he retires, he's already a legend and a hall of famer. So, why keep playing?

I honestly wish him a happy retirement. It would be pretty bad if he ends up injured or with CTE. And hey, if the Eagles win another SB, he's still invited to the parade and has open mic for another speech. 

Agreed. I actually prefer him to retire and take care of his body and be able to play and enjoy time with his daughters 

• Like 4

He was on Chris Long's podcast and was asked about it. He didn't give a definitive answer for retirement or for playing.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but he did refer to the Eagles as "they" and "they're" quite a few times during his answer. Like 8 times. He never said "we" or "us".

"The Eagles have some good talent coming back".

"They brought in two good Coordinators". 

"They're going to be good next season". 

Stuff like that.

You know he'll cry like a baby at his retirement presser. So will I, probably. 🥲

• Like 1

I also heard that this week on Radio Road at the SB, he was 'talking' to 3 different TV Networks about possible jobs. 

• Like 1

I sure hope he sticks out another year and doesn't go out like this.

• Like 1

I wonder if watching his brother win another gives him a sense of fulfillment or will it make him hungry for another one himself. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I wonder if watching his brother win another gives him a sense of fulfillment or will it make him hungry for another one himself. 

I listen to their podcast and think they are genuinely happy to see the other sicceed.  They are both playing now for whatever makes them happy. Will Travis winning motivate him to take the risk?  Doubt it.

On retirement, I think they both go the same year, because they can possibly be inducted and intoduce the other one the same year.  

• Like 1

He's overdoing it with the wearing of chiefs merch. Yeah you're supporting your brother but come on. I guess if he's retiring he can do what he likes though

3 hours ago, rrfierce said:

He's overdoing it with the wearing of chiefs merch. Yeah you're supporting your brother but come on. I guess if he's retiring he can do what he likes though

He’s always been a little over the top with his cheering and supporting stuff. I mean he’s supported every HC for the Eagles he’s ever had up to the point of them being fired. He ripped up signs from fans who wanted to fire Andy Reid back in the day. He’s not really different from who he has been, but maybe it’s a case of how this team finished the season was so off putting that some of the fan base is just irked by the shenanigans especially when you consider what the HC was doing and some of the sideline outburst which led to nothing on the field especially late last season. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NOTW said:

FB_IMG_1707702816856.jpg

Chop 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paco said:

Chop 

It looked like it, saw it shared a lot yesterday. Still funny. 

30 minutes ago, NOTW said:

It looked like it, saw it shared a lot yesterday. Still funny. 

Not going to lie, I posted it earlier then took a second look and realized it was a chop.  

On 2/12/2024 at 8:48 AM, EazyEaglez said:

He’s always been a little over the top with his cheering and supporting stuff. I mean he’s supported every HC for the Eagles he’s ever had up to the point of them being fired. He ripped up signs from fans who wanted to fire Andy Reid back in the day. He’s not really different from who he has been, but maybe it’s a case of how this team finished the season was so off putting that some of the fan base is just irked by the shenanigans especially when you consider what the HC was doing and some of the sideline outburst which led to nothing on the field especially late last season. 

To be fair, Eagles fans who wanted Reid fired WERE stupid. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder which broadcasting job he'll take. I'll put my money on Fox or ESPN

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like he will hang em up.  Doubt there would be a PC if he was returning.

IMG_0120.jpeg

• Like 1

Oh man, now I´m nervous and we don´t even have a game for six months

13 minutes ago, kiwinavega said:

Oh man, now I´m nervous and we don´t even have a game for six months

He is done. You don’t call a PC to say you are coming back....you just post it on social media. There wouldn't be a need for questions or a look at me I'm so important I need to have tons of media attention to say one more year. Sad day.

• Like 2

Unless he´s signed a broadcasting deal beginning in 2025... and yes, I am clutching at straws. So, the inevitable question, which I may set up a poll for... does Kelce merit a place on Eagles Rushmore?

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Sounds like he will hang em up.  Doubt there would be a PC if he was returning.

IMG_0120.jpeg

Yeah seems that way doesn’t it! And whilst I’m gutted as a fan I mean if he does today announce his retirement what a legend!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, kiwinavega said:

Unless he´s signed a broadcasting deal beginning in 2025... and yes, I am clutching at straws. So, the inevitable question, which I may set up a poll for... does Kelce merit a place on Eagles Rushmore?

Yep. Top 10 Eagle of all time.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah seems that way doesn’t it! And whilst I’m gutted as a fan I mean if he does today announce his retirement what a legend!

Yes as a fan it sucks but as a father I get it… radio on the way into work said he has his 4th on the way

• Like 2

The only reason I could think he'd have a press conference to announce he isn't retiring is because the media made such a hoohah that he was after the playoff loss, but yeah overall retirement is more likely.

Be odd not seeing him out there week one in Brazil (can't believe I have to type that sentence about an Eagles game)

• Like 1