Jason Kelce officially announces retirement 3/4/24

paco

4 hours ago, GreenMachine said:

PFT has speculated Jason may be joining the  Amazon Thursday Night Football broadcast team and that could factor into the announcement. He would probably do well and there are already enough cowboys doing network broadcasting.

He did do a guest spot on TNF during his bye week.  I could see it.

On 1/18/2024 at 4:33 PM, Mr_Philly said:

I would love to see him play one more season but that’s just me being selfish

This.

I think the whole premise of this thread is incorrect.  Kelce has been backtracking from that report.  Let's see how this plays out.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

He's shirtless and drinking beer up in Buffalo right now. 

Noob, you gotta post evidence for this stuff.  :smoke:

• Haha 1

On 1/18/2024 at 4:53 PM, NOTW said:

Put a statue of him blocking for the Philly Special next to the one of Nick and Doug.

Or the Mummer speech.

I like the idea of a statue of him at the bottom of a mass of bodies with the caption "F MY LIFE!"

• Haha 1

On 1/21/2024 at 7:46 PM, LacesOut said:

He's shirtless and drinking beer up in Buffalo right now. 

In a way that could mean he could come back because he still has passion for the game. 

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

Interesting… Do we think he’s back for one more year then?

I reckon he'll be back. He just seems to love the game and the eagles too much to retire now - obviously feels like he's got something left to give.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

I reckon he'll be back. He just seems to love the game and the eagles too much to retire now - obviously feels like he's got something left to give.

He strikes me as the kind of person who wants to go out on a high. Now that may not happen for him if he does return but if he likes the new structure and the opportunities that presents then he might think about coming back for another year and hoping to go out on a better note. I think there are ways he can go out on more of a high without actually winning the lot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rrfierce said:

He’s already walking back the retirement talk. He was emotional at that moment and probably told people he was done. After the emotions settled I agree with you. I believe he’s coming back. I’m sure Sirianni will be sending him a keg soon enough. 

• Like 2

Or he could be talking about moving into a role similar to the one Barwin is in. This team has been really lucky to have so many high character guys that love the team come through here in recent years like Barwin, Jenkins, Kelce and BG. 

• Like 2

I'm all in for him coaching with Stoutland

• Like 1

On 1/29/2024 at 7:51 AM, EazyEaglez said:

He’s already walking back the retirement talk. He was emotional at that moment and probably told people he was done. After the emotions settled I agree with you. I believe he’s coming back. I’m sure Sirianni will be sending him a keg soon enough. 

I sure hope so!

Little brother predicted today that he's coming back.....

• Like 1

One (or 2?) more years would be AWESOME. He loves what he does, so as long as his brain/body can handle it, do another year.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, LacesOut said:

One (or 2?) more years would be AWESOME. He loves what he does, so as long as his brain/body can handle it, do another year.

Can't know what these players are thinking, but gut feeling says he'll be back in 2024.  I guess 2025 would depend not only on how his body is feeling after another year of wear and tear (and the beating it takes from anchoring the brotherly shove) but also how the season progresses (do we appear to be trending up and serious contenders for another ring as next season winds down?).  Have to assume all of that will play a role into his decision making process.  

• Like 3

He's coming back. No way he goes out with the way this season ended, plus he's still at the top of his game. I just hope if he does come back he announces it's his last year no matter what.

• Like 1