paco

Legend. On my Eagles Mt. Rushmore.

Screenshot_20231105_091902.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Legend. On my Eagles Mt. Rushmore.

Screenshot_20231105_091902.jpg

Absolutely.  One of the greatest to ever don the Eagles uniform.

• Like 1

The end of an era.   What a pillar of this team for so long.  Going to be missed so much.  

• Like 2

Now I wish he had retired last year. He didnt deserve to go out like this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Will be very interesting to see what he does next.  My wife (who has ADHD) watched the Kelce doc with me and said "He has ADHD."  Not just because he lost his SB ring, but he has so many things going on.  The Christmas album, the charities, the podcast, the farm or whatever he was doing planting with Travis.  He wants to stay busy.  He's become a celebrity beyond football with Swifties liking the New Heights podcast, he was already a guest host on Thursday Night Football during his bye week.  

Does he do media like Strahan and others?  Will he go into coaching or get on a TV show commenting on the NFL?  Do the Eagles hire him with a role in the organization?  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Will be very interesting to see what he does next.  My wife (who has ADHD) watched the Kelce doc with me and said "He has ADHD."  Not just because he lost his SB ring, but he has so many things going on.  The Christmas album, the charities, the podcast, the farm or whatever he was doing planting with Travis.  He wants to stay busy.  He's become a celebrity beyond football with Swifties liking the New Heights podcast, he was already a guest host on Thursday Night Football during his bye week.  

Does he do media like Strahan and others?  Will he go into coaching or get on a TV show commenting on the NFL?  Do the Eagles hire him with a role in the organization?  

When Travis retires I can see Amazon giving them a Manningcast style simulcast of TNF games where they can just talk ish while the game is going on. 

I'd be curious to see if he does hang around in some capacity to mentor Jurgens or steps away entirely for at least a season because a) he is burnt out and b) he may get the itch to play again if he hangs around the team

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

My dream would be that he coaches under Stout and eventually replaces him. But that's probably a pipe dream with all the options he has open to him.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

My dream would be that he coaches under Stout and eventually replaces him. But that's probably a pipe dream with all the options he has open to him.

Just being a complete fanboy for a moment a dream scenario would be he gets hired as Asst OL coach then gets one of those "Senior Assistant" or whatever roles to start gain more experience beyond position coach.  Eventually OC then HC and brings another championship.  Then moves into the front office.  He and Connor Barwin can run the team instead of Howie.  :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Mat said:

When Travis retires I can see Amazon giving them a Manningcast style simulcast of TNF games where they can just talk ish while the game is going on. 

I'd be curious to see if he does hang around in some capacity to mentor Jurgens or steps away entirely for at least a season because a) he is burnt out and b) he may get the itch to play again if he hangs around the team

It will depend on what he wants, but I can absolutely see entertainment media outside sports hiring him.  He's popular with the Swifties, women like him, he was a nominee for People's Sexiest Man Alive, his documentary on Prime covered his personal life and he's well liked.  He's done so much charity work, the Christmas album.  He's very marketable even outside sports.  He could be on one of those shows like Strahan does.  He's done some filmed segments going to local favorite restaurants and connecting with the workers.

He and Travis will continue doing New Heights and probably other things as well.  They're going to be around for a long time.

One thing to look forward to: Kelce at the draft announcing the Eagles draft pick in a crazy costume and bringing high energy.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Just being a complete fanboy for a moment a dream scenario would be he gets hired as Asst OL coach then gets one of those "Senior Assistant" or whatever roles to start gain more experience beyond position coach.  Eventually OC then HC and brings another championship.  Then moves into the front office.  He and Connor Barwin can run the team instead of Howie.  :lol:

I would be good with him being an assistant OL coach if that is what he wants to do. I'm sure the eagles would hire him in a heartbeat. 

• Thanks 1

He put his heart and soul into his craft, the team, and to Philly. It's frustrating that his career has to end this way.

No doubt he'll be a first ballot HOF'er. I wish he and his family all the best. One of my all-time favorite Eagles.

• Like 1

What an absolute legend. Dude went from an after thought 6th round pick to day-1 starter to one of the best Eagles all-time and beloved by the fan base. 

We knew this day was coming but he’s still one of the best players on the team. Sadly, we couldn’t give him the fairytale ending that he deserved but glad the guy has at least got a ring. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Remember those too small to be a NFL player arguments and some of the fans wanting to run him out of town the one bad year he had early on his career?

image.gif.332a61044186f722bcbb364115e3bb87.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

anyone think Cox, Graham, and even Lane Johnson will all follow suit? It would be hard to want to stick around a rebuild when you're that old. 

4 minutes ago, JohnB said:

anyone think Cox, Graham, and even Lane Johnson will all follow suit? It would be hard to want to stick around a rebuild when you're that old. 

Lane has already mentioned he wants a year or 2 more and likely retires after the 2025 season.

BG just announced he wants 1 more.

Cox was our best DT this season, my guess he comes back here or plays another year elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

Lane has already mentioned he wants a year or 2 more and likely retires after the 2025 season.

BG just announced he wants 1 more.

Cox was our best DT this season, my guess he comes back here or plays another year elsewhere.

My guess is Lane and Cox are back. Graham is not. 

9 minutes ago, JohnB said:

Lane said last night post game he has a "couple good years left in him." BG if he wants to come back on a super cheap deal possibly. Cox I think is more loyal than our fanbase thinks. If they want him back, he'll be back. He was also the most consistently good DT this year in the rotation.

Sad to see him go. Too bad the team couldn't end on a higher note. This season was a great opportunity that was missed.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Lane said last night post game he has a "couple good years left in him." BG if he wants to come back on a super cheap deal possibly. Cox I think is more loyal than our fanbase thinks. If they want him back, he'll be back. He was also the most consistently good DT this year in the rotation.

It would have to be on a super cheap deal considering his playing time. He seems to still have some juice as a rotational guy 

While I wish the team would have sent him in retirement with a better ending then this, he's still getting out while he is at the top his game. I'm glad he didn't wait until us fans were the ones saying he needs to retire. You just never know when a player this age is going to drop off the cliff. I'm grateful he ripped the bandaid off for us. What a great all around player he has been for this team and this league. I look forward to seeing him inducted into the HOF!

I'll be interested to hear if coaching or other aspects of the team lead to this decision but that's a different conversation for a different day.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, time2rock said:

I'll bet he couldn't wait for this miserable season to be over with (once it started going off the tracks and there were absolutely no signs that these coaches can get it back on) and is probably thinking "I came back for this?!?!"

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39320253/jason-kelce-tells-eagles-teammates-retiring-sources-say

I do think that he got something out of this season - by making his 6th All Pro, he likely cemented the HOF, where it might have been less clear before for a lineman.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, eggs said:

I do think that he got something out of this season - by making his 6th All Pro, he likely cemented the HOF, where it might have been less clear before for a lineman.

Good point.

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Encouraging news as previously Lane has said he'd retire after 2024.  If we don't draft Lane's replacement in the first round this year, we'd better find a stronger back-up RT than Driscoll as Lane will likely continue to have injuries.  Maybe we can find someone on the second day of the draft with upside who Stoudland can train to be the future replacement.  Steen might be that guy, but there's concern over his short arms so he'll probably be the new RG when "Downfield" Cam Juergens moves to Center next year.