Jason Kelce officially announces retirement 3/4/24

paco

1 minute ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

The only reason I could think he'd have a press conference to announce he isn't retiring is because the media made such a hoohah that he was after the playoff loss, but yeah overall retirement is more likely.

Be odd not seeing him out there week one in Brazil (can't believe I have to type that sentence about an Eagles game)

I wouldn’t put anything past Kelce to be fair. He could be using this as an opportunity to have a little pop at those who previously announced his retirement. That’s the hope anyway… faint faint hope.

Travis is in town for a charity event, because he's in Philly that's added to the reasoning Jason will retire and his brother will be there with him for the announcement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kiwinavega said:

Unless he´s signed a broadcasting deal beginning in 2025... and yes, I am clutching at straws. So, the inevitable question, which I may set up a poll for... does Kelce merit a place on Eagles Rushmore?

IMO yes.

There was a topic I think last year that asked who are your top 4 on Eagles Mt. Rushmore. Many people said Kelce.

Welp... it's official now :sad: 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, kiwinavega said:

Unless he´s signed a broadcasting deal beginning in 2025... and yes, I am clutching at straws. So, the inevitable question, which I may set up a poll for... does Kelce merit a place on Eagles Rushmore?

They renamed it Eagles Mt. Kelce

• Thanks 1

YouTube for press conference live:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

One of the all-time great Eagles.

Him, Peters and Lane were the three best offensive linemen in Eagles history. 

What a privilege it was to have them play at the same time.

Enjoy retirement Jason, see you in Canton!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Kelce for the HOF. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Awesome player! One of the best Iggles ever! 

Enjoy retirement!!!

:Eagle_smiley:

• Like 1

I think the Eagles OL will actually improve next year.  Yes, losing Kelce is huge - but there was a big hole at RG.  With Jurgens moving to C, Eagles can now find a natural RG to plug into the slot.  I think the team will be able to deal with this.

Just now, Procus said:

I think the Eagles OL will actually improve next year.  Yes, losing Kelce is huge - but there was a big hole at RG.  With Jurgens moving to C, Eagles can now find a natural RG to plug into the slot.  I think the team will be able to deal with this.

Stoutland's got this.

We have new great linemen in Mailata and Dickerson. O line is the position they draft and develop the best.

There will never be another Kelce, just like any legendary player. But we have to trust they chose Jurgens (Kelce was involved in that). People can't expect Jurgens to be great right away, give him time to settle into the role.

• Like 2

The portion about the fans needs to be shown to every new Philadelphia athlete, and every time the national media uses cliches about the fans boo and threw snowballs at Santa.

• Like 1

"The fans and media only write what you give them."

Oof.

Owning his poor performance in the 2016 season, he said almost everyone in the organization wanted to get rid of him...except Stoutland.

• Thanks 1

Sucks to see him go, though we all knew it was coming. I still held out hope for one more season. 

4 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Sucks to see him go, though we all knew it was coming. I still held out hope for one more season. 

I didn't. Father time could have got him this offseason. Rather he go out in his last year as an all pro even if the team fell off a cliff at the end

Don't go Jason! 😭😭😭😭 

This really hurts......

22 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Stoutland's got this.

We have new great linemen in Mailata and Dickerson. O line is the position they draft and develop the best.

There will never be another Kelce, just like any legendary player. But we have to trust they chose Jurgens (Kelce was involved in that). People can't expect Jurgens to be great right away, give him time to settle into the role.

Cam had some injuries, but he played pretty well when he was out there. As long as he can stay healthy, I think he'll be just fine. Center is his natural position.

On a side note, I'm going to miss Jason Kelce. Consummate pro and an all-time great. Next stop, Canton. 🥺

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I didn't. Father time could have got him this offseason. Rather he go out in his last year as an all pro even if the team fell off a cliff at the end

I tend to want one more season. I wanted Andy for one more, I wanted Nick for one more (both stints), JP, and of course Jason. Probably A LOT more... but that DOES NOT include the Chipper!

Chipper.gif

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Procus said:

Will have to see if Jurgens is a better center than he is guard.  He may have been a good center in college but this is the NFL ... no guarantee that success carries over.  Fingers crossed it does.

It's amazing the turnaround Kelce made in the eyes of Eagles fans.

I'm old enough to remember when the primary theme of the old board was to bash Kelce and the Eagles for drafting him. It was brutal.

I'm a middle aged man, and I bawled by eyes out watching that presser. Proper tears. He's irreplaceable. What a man.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Don't go Jason! 😭😭😭😭 

This really hurts......

Pun intended?

Sad day. 

one of my favourite eagles ever. 

Sad day as he is one of my favourite eagles players in the 25 years I’ve been following the team. The kelce familymight want to book hotels in canton Ohio in August 2029. 

• Thanks 1