Ongoing Eagles New Discussion volume 2

GreenbleedinNC

10 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Why isn't he? he can't read defenses? he can't respond to blitzs? Wow we're in big trouble then

Whelp you went backwards from your original part you noticed. He wasn’t reading expecting a D playcall nobody ever would dare to attempt.

• Haha 2

You asked me what I saw and I told you,it's an easy pitch and catch MISSED by Hurts. Joe posted this I didn;t,but you asked me what i saw and I responded. I can't help you don't like the answer

• Thanks 1

Any QB would read that at least one guy over there was in charge of covering the WR. Surely the actual intent on the playcall couldn’t be to plan on NOT covering a receiver.

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

You asked me what I saw and I told you,it's an easy pitch and catch MISSED by Hurts. Joe posted this I didn;t,but you asked me what i saw and I responded. I can't help you don't like the answer

I know the answer. Trying to explain it so you can understand what actually happened and why

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Whelp you went backwards from your original part you noticed. He wasn’t reading expecting a D playcall nobody ever would dare to attempt.

No I didn't. An open receiver is an open receiver.the coverage guy is nowhere to be found and Hurts can't see this???? Blitz or no the receiver is WIDE OPEN

Hurts made the read that somebody was going to cover the recover out of those guys over there. You know…the logical read.

• Haha 1

No I didn't. An open receiver is an open receiver.the coverage guy is nowhere to be found and Hurts can't see this???? Blitz or no the receiver is WIDE OPEN

Dig deeper. Go back to what you noticed earlier and go further with that beggining of a thought.

I know the answer. Trying to explain it so you can understand what actually happened and why

The explanation is Hurts can't make the defensive read, come on now. There is NO COVERAGE guy that is blitzing. Any pee wee QB would have a TD here

Yes Hurts read blitz. And yes…Hurts didn’t read they would do something nobody would ever do…by also blitzing the only guy possibly covering that WR. 

Dig deeper. Go back to what you noticed earlier and go further with that beggining of a thought.

I see a wide open receiver waving for the ball,an easy pitch and catch that would have blown this blilz out of the water. Instead he hands the ball off on an all out blitz an just awful read

It was a big talking point that all these football knowledgeable guys couldn’t believe the mega gamble Bellicheat took on that play. 

Yes Hurts read blitz. And yes…Hurts didn’t read they would do something nobody would ever do…by also blitzing the only guy possibly covering that WR. 

LMAO he's nowhere near the receiver,he came 8 yards in 1 second????

I see a wide open receiver waving for the ball,an easy pitch and catch that would have blown this blilz out of the water. Instead he hands the ball off on an all out blitz an just awful read

Just go with this then without trying to understand why? #HurtsHater

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

I'm counting 8 yards at LEAST. The guy must run a 2.2 40

You can't see reality. That doesn't make me a hater. Tell me you couldn't make this throw

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

LMAO he's nowhere near the receiver,he came 8 yards in 1 second????

Honestly this play isn’t something I broke down and can take credit for understanding. Much more knowledgable football minds than me broke it all down so I could understand what happened. Bellicheat took such a huge risk that only a coach with a terrible team against a quality team would take. It paid off for Bellicheat on that play. Credit to him on having such balls.

So let's assume it's press coverage,that guy came 8 yards(at least) in 1 second? AMAZING!!! He would actually have come 9 yards that fast blitz or no blitz please

You can't see reality. That doesn't make me a hater. Tell me you couldn't make this throw

I wouldn’t ever have made that read. Or any logical way that any QB goes about reading a D. That’s the crazy genius in what Bellicheat did on this play.

Honestly this play isn’t something I broke down and can take credit for understanding. Much more knowledgable football minds than me broke it all down so I could understand what happened. Bellicheat took such a huge risk that only a coach with a terrible team against a quality team would take. It paid off for Bellicheat on that play. Credit to him on having such balls.

Ok cool. I get that it wasn't a regular call,but the QB has to be aware at all times. he could have burned them badly just by reading the D. When you see blitz you roll a bit and there the wide open guy

So let's assume it's press coverage,that guy came 8 yards(at least) in 1 second? AMAZING!!! He would actually have come 9 yards that fast blitz or no blitz please

The defender was lined up on the 0 of the 50. He had made about three steps in his blitz run at Hurts for this freeze frame.

I wouldn’t ever have made that read. Or any logical way that any QB goes about reading a D. That’s the crazy genius in what Bellicheat did on this play.

Well as I said I can't see a defender anywhere close and he can't run that far that fast. So I hope he learned from this when/if he sees it again. I said "this is the stuff Hurts needs to work on". So he got burned and I hope he knows now

Ok cool. I get that it wasn't a regular call,but the QB has to be aware at all times. he could have burned them badly just by reading the D. When you see blitz you roll a bit and there the wide open guy

Totally could have burned them huge! Exactly why nobody would design a D play like that. 

Well as I said I can't see a defender anywhere close and he can't run that far that fast. So I hope he learned from this when/if he sees it again. I said "this is the stuff Hurts needs to work on". So he got burned and I hope he knows now

Nobody ever will likely see this again. That was a crazy ball to the ball play that isn’t in any playbooks. Only a mad genius that’s completely desperate with nothing to lose would try that.

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Totally could have burned them huge! Exactly why nobody would design a D play like that. 

So now if he sees that again he will know,or should. Doesn't make me a hater to point out this was an easy toss IF he would have readthe blitz possibility and made the audible

So now if he sees that again he will know,or should. Doesn't make me a hater to point out this was an easy toss IF he would have readthe blitz possibility and made the audible

Teams DO run CB or S blitz's. I just want him to learn from this boo boo(and that;s what it is)