Ongoing Eagles New Discussion volume 2

GreenbleedinNC

26 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

Morning Eagles fans.

Haven't been on for a while but i had open heart surgery where they replaced a valve in my heart.  Everything is going well.

I really did like our draft though

Glad to have you back and healthy 

9 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Glad to have you back and healthy 

ty

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Asg 15 said:

Morning Eagles fans.

Haven't been on for a while but i had open heart surgery where they replaced a valve in my heart.  Everything is going well.

WOW nice to hear you are ok!! GL with your recovery,glad it's going well

• Like 1

11 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I have heard they want to go ...2 preseason games....which to me is obvious...one home and away is more than enough.... 18 regular season games.. extend the season to Presidents day weekend so people have off after the Superbowl.  

Still bye week.   The 3 day thing is just a way to get a game on Xmas...which to me is dumb.  All about $$$.   

I'm so old,I remember when businesses were ALL closed on Sundays(even gas stations) as well as Xmas eve and Xmas. If you didn't buy it on 12/23 you were out of luck,because those were "family days" and I wish we would go back to that. Better days before all the greed took over

• Like 3

A past GF who I was with for 12 years wants to see me again after her husband passed away. I think it would be fun. She moved with me from Oh to FL,then we had a falling out and she moved back to OH. We've been writing each other for years and years and she was sorry she left in the first place and wanted me back,but alas stupidly got married to a fool who treated her badly. And so now after 30 years she wants to come visit me in NC. She was the one I was telling you about who is Dan Marino's cousin(nice guy and a blast to hang out with). She is a cancer survivor so I think I will let her come visit 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

A past GF who I was with for 12 years wants to see me again after her husband passed away. I think it would be fun. She moved with me from Oh to FL,then we had a falling out and she moved back to OH. We've been writing each other for years and years and she was sorry she left in the first place and wanted me back,but alas stupidly got married to a fool who treated her badly. And so now after 30 years she wants to come visit me in NC. She was the one I was telling you about who is Dan Marino's cousin(nice guy and a blast to hang out with). She is a cancer survivor so I think I will let her come visit 

Ironically she lives in New Philadelphia,OH LOL

4 hours ago, Asg 15 said:

Morning Eagles fans.

That just sounds scary but glad your doing well 

Random 76ers side note lot of talks on Jimmy Bulter and Paul George…. But honestly landing a guy like Mikel Bridges(who the 76ers drafted and traded) might be the best move.

27 year old F who can give your 20 points plus is a strong defender sounds like a great 3rd piece to Maxey/Embidd plus still on the younger side in the NBA.

Though I wouldn’t be upset at a Jimmy buckets return either 

Davis apparently looking good in the early stages hopefully he gets his conditioning under control dude has played good ball 1st half the year that back half though he falls off 

1 hour ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Random 76ers side note lot of talks on Jimmy Bulter and Paul George…. But honestly landing a guy like Mikel Bridges(who the 76ers drafted and traded) might be the best move.

27 year old F who can give your 20 points plus is a strong defender sounds like a great 3rd piece to Maxey/Embidd plus still on the younger side in the NBA.

Though I wouldn’t be upset at a Jimmy buckets return either 

Apparently Brooklyn wants like 4 or 5 picks for Bridges.

7 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Davis apparently looking good in the early stages hopefully he gets his conditioning under control dude has played good ball 1st half the year that back half though he falls off 

The Buffalo game where BOTH Davis and Carter played a lot of snaps with Cox and Milton out....that was the wall for them.  I don't think it's coincidence that it was also the point where the defense took the downward spiral. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Apparently Brooklyn wants like 4 or 5 picks for Bridges.

Ooofff didn’t know this part lol that’s a tough sell 

• Like 1

Posted 13 hours ago

13 hours ago,  @Asg 15 said: 

Morning Eagles fans.

Very scary, glad to hear from you my friend!

• Like 1

I liked listening to Moore...the way he answers the questions and the keep it simple idea

Question about the language of the plays etc..

Reporter: that sounds complicated 

Moore: not really,  football is football and plays are plays, just need to tie it altogether and make sure everyone is on the same page. We do this every year.

Right ... it's not rocket science.  These guys have all played football before. 

12 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Posted 13 hours ago

13 hours ago,  @Asg 15 said: 

Morning Eagles fans.

Very scary, glad to hear from you my friend!

tyvm

• Like 1

On 5/8/2024 at 11:35 AM, joemas6 said:

You don't need to if they extend the season a week to Presidents day weekend. 

You need to…it’s a 18 game schedule

On 5/8/2024 at 11:53 AM, Asg 15 said:

Morning Eagles fans.

Glad things went well with that. They have really come so far in that area to really have it down now. Should really help you out big time!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You need to…it’s a 18 game schedule

Yes....18 game schedule ... one more week.

An 18 game schedule makes for a 19 week season. 

I agree with Ham. Should be 2 Bye weeks. The players will need it for rehab to make the duration of the season. What's next, why not a 40 week season and 12 week off season lol

Team is up over $300 mil in cash spending this season.

43 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

An 18 game schedule makes for a 19 week season. 

I agree with Ham. Should be 2 Bye weeks. The players will need it for rehab to make the duration of the season. What's next, why not a 40 week season and 12 week off season lol

All goes to the quality of the product we see. 20 week season is the way to go. Good for player health.

• Like 1

Fangio confirmed he wished to coach here last year. Confirmed he left Miami with the idea of coming here.

You need two bye weeks and opportunities for two short rest weeks in the 18 game schedule to accommodate Thur football. They got one step taken care of ahead of things. The other shouldn’t occur until they actually implement the extra regular season game.

Moore did a pretty good job deflecting the media trying to figure out and break everything he’s up to down. They want to know how Siri and his boundaries are set and what terminology we he will go with. Good answer that covered everything and said absolutely nothing. He wants to keep the good while implementing his own…which means he has to also create new terms. Need the vocabulary to explain things to all position groups across all the playbook to keep things at its simplest and easiest to digest for everybody.

• Haha 1