hunt's ***official*** team league thread - 2023

mr_hunt

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

Went with McCaffrey...with a side of dj Moore....but little else. 

My new weird ranking system somehow has Vegas listed as 4th overall. Tbd how this plays out. Had you taken them I would have been left looking at something like panthers because of mccaffrey upside. 

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

nah he worse than you. You won* a league, finished near the top of another, and twice now didn't draft Eagles with your first round pick. You've improved. 

*due to random ass H2H scheduling which doesn't accurately slot the top teams into the playoffs

I think Agent just gave me a compliment. Another sign of the Apocalypse.

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

you should be able to start adding players to your rosters on monday. 

Yep, saw you added a player per team and that waivers expire on or just after Monday 

3 hours ago, Agent23 said:

knew they would not fall to me, but damn you @Mat !!!

They felt the obvious pick since there isn't a tier 1 QB left

50 minutes ago, Mat said:

They felt the obvious pick since there isn't a tier 1 QB left

That’s what trades are for!

Taking the Browns felt dirty. 

Question where did you guys see the Browns ranked considering the suspension ?

20 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

Taking the Browns felt dirty. 

Question where did you guys see the Browns ranked considering the suspension ?

Ha, I was hoping they'd fall to me. Chubb is gonna be carrying that offense until Watson gets back.

3rd round for Chubb and maybeeee Cooper. But otherwise bleh. You also get the upside with Watson when he comes back. I feel like this point of the draft is a bunch of bleh teams anyway

6 hours ago, Iggles25 said:

Ha, I was hoping they'd fall to me. Chubb is gonna be carrying that offense until Watson gets back.

I was between Cleveland and Pittsburgh and took Chubb over Harris but I knew you was take Saints and Pitt was hoping you leave one lol. Damn 

9 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

I was between Cleveland and Pittsburgh and took Chubb over Harris but I knew you was take Saints and Pitt was hoping you leave one lol. Damn 

because of the suspension, i would have taken my preferred of saints/steelers in your shoes, knowing the Browns would be the most-likely of the teams left to survive 2 picks. 

18 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

because of the suspension, i would have taken my preferred of saints/steelers in your shoes, knowing the Browns would be the most-likely of the teams left to survive 2 picks. 

Maybe. If you look at what’s left the Browns is a slam dunk over all other teams. I doubt they make it back around. 

28 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

Maybe. If you look at what’s left the Browns is a slam dunk over all other teams. I doubt they make it back around. 

you got dat Tyreke speed doe!

• Like 1

@Mat unless i F'ed marking off teams, DAndre Swift was still there which is what I figured you would be going after

I would have gone Saints as well. If Winston stays healthy that offense could still provide a handful of decent options with Thomas and Kamara

Browns, Steelers and Dolphins are all a wash due to the QB situation. They have some good skills players, but I don't trust the QB's. Having said that I just picked a team with Geno Smith as the starter 🤢

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mat said:

I would have gone Saints as well. If Winston stays healthy that offense could still provide a handful of decent options with Thomas and Kamara

Browns, Steelers and Dolphins are all a wash due to the QB situation. They have some good skills players, but I don't trust the QB's. Having said that I just picked a team with Geno Smith as the starter 🤢

but you got Drew Lock!

2 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

@Mat unless i F'ed marking off teams, DAndre Swift was still there which is what I figured you would be going after

Swift's health last year ruined me in the league I had him in. Plus Williams is a good complement and the Lions are still the Lions. Plus with Henry and Cook I probably didn't need a RB.

I'm okay with Hooper as my starting TE so I wasn't picking them for that. I figured WR might be the way to go and the best available WR'S are all stuck with trash QB's

Penny actually looked good down the stretch last year so he might be a decent pick at RB. That offense is actually pretty good minus the o-line and QB unfortunately 

3 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

but you got Drew Lock!

Dude can't even beat out Geno F'ing Smith

26 minutes ago, Mat said:

Swift's health last year ruined me in the league I had him in. Plus Williams is a good complement and the Lions are still the Lions. Plus with Henry and Cook I probably didn't need a RB.

I'm okay with Hooper as my starting TE so I wasn't picking them for that. I figured WR might be the way to go and the best available WR'S are all stuck with trash QB's

Penny actually looked good down the stretch last year so he might be a decent pick at RB. That offense is actually pretty good minus the o-line and QB unfortunately 

Dude can't even beat out Geno F'ing Smith

I forgot you took Henry and Cook :lol: I have Swift and Cook basically projected 8th and 7th overall respectively at the position, but i expect his point output to significantly exceed Thielen (WR2), Metcalf (FLX1) and Woods (FLX2) who I have slotted as your projected starting lineup. Worked out for me!

there are so many sheety qb's...gonna hope lawrence takes a step forward with an actual nfl head coach.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

there are so many sheety qb's...gonna hope lawrence takes a step forward with an actual nfl head coach.

Super bowl winning* head coach 

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

also, I project 3 of the Jags players you got to crack your starting lineup 

just went through my rankings to look at the guys from the 3 teams i drafted.   my team stinks :lol:   

• Haha 1