HBO's Game of Thrones Prequel House of Dragons

Mike030270

7 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I see what you're saying about the time jumps - I don't know how they could have handled it any differently.  They want to get to the civil war, but they wanted us to know a little about the folks in it and how they got to that point.  I suppose they could have really fleshed this baby out and only done these huge time jumps between seasons, but would the audience have had the patience for that after way GoT ended?  Guess we'll never know.  

I'm hot mad at this show now, but I still think its salvagable in the long run.  The day i don't think it is you won't see me in here bishing, I'll leave.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2022 at 11:45 PM, Agent23 said:

As much as he thrived (at what verrrryyyyy brief stint we saw) at Captain of the City Watch -- or whatever the "leader" of that group is called -- I have never gotten the impression that Daemon wants to rule. Hand of the King, even when the King is healthy and present, is basically running the Kingdom... I don't see that as what Daemon would want to deal with at all. 

I mean, in the very first episode he was dreaming about being king while sitting on the iron throne, then beyotching to the king that he never made him hand of the king.  Good for him that he wound up accepting his place, but he absolutely wanted the power.

• Like 1

So the last 5 minutes was great - the rest of that episode was pretty blah.  Normally ep 9 for GoT was a banger.  This one was not.

You mean you didn't enjoy watching old club foot exploring his foot fetish? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

That dude is super gross - his nasty greasy ass hair and now he gets his rocks off looking at the queen's feet?  :lol: 

1 hour ago, Mat said:

You mean you didn't enjoy watching old club foot exploring his foot fetish? 

with how much word and secrets spread, no idea how everyone doesn't know dude offed his brother and father and take his head

I dunno man.  It started off really cooking, loved how they set up Aegon's coup, put that all in motion, the noble hanging from the rafters, murder at the small council.  Had a nice mood to it between the framed shots and the soundtrack.  Then it just kinda fell apart with more cheap shock you moments.  10 yr old gladiators?  Dude pumping his meat at the Queen's feet?  Dragon in the building just for show?  I respect the unique Chicago mix popcorn of genres they got going but since when is Flea Bottom Mad Max and the whole 50 shades of Gray angle seems desperate.

I do love Olivia Cooke's Alicent Hightower.  Easily the best character left IMHO.

56 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

I dunno man.  It started off really cooking, loved how they set up Aegon's coup, put that all in motion, the noble hanging from the rafters, murder at the small council.  Had a nice mood to it between the framed shots and the soundtrack.  Then it just kinda fell apart with more cheap shock you moments.  10 yr old gladiators?  Dude pumping his meat at the Queen's feet?  Dragon in the building just for show?  I respect the unique Chicago mix popcorn of genres they got going but since when is Flea Bottom Mad Max and the whole 50 shades of Gray angle seems desperate.

I do love Olivia Cooke's Alicent Hightower.  Easily the best character left IMHO.

You forgot Daemon 

2 hours ago, Agent23 said:

You forgot Daemon 

No I didn't.  Daemon's a tad overrated at this point.  Solid actor, good character, but he pretty much peaked back in like episode 3 and they haven't added any layers to him since.  He's a 2 note mopey psycopath and doesn't seem to have any personal arc going on.  Again, nice character that would fit in well in a bigger cast of cool characters, but the excessive spotlight is showing him to be a bit hollow.

Alicent is much more interesting imho and Clarke is the best actor they have going post Paddy.  She's seems to be the only genuinely good person on either side (loved her husband despite everything/protects her children/doesn't want to murder/doesn't wish for power or crown) but is surrounded by a bunch of lunatics and her situation is impossible.  She even desperately clings to Cole's corrupted knightly code because its the closest thing to honor in her circle.  That's good stuff.

6 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

You didn’t love Pastey PreTeen Thunderdome? 

• Haha 1

So are we going to have to wait like a year and a half for the next episode?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gannan said:

So are we going to have to wait like a year and a half for the next episode?

I saw a report that filming isn’t even set to begin until next spring or summer so yeah - we’re looking at like summer 2024 if that’s the case.

• Sad 1

Just now, mikemack8 said:

I saw a report that filming isn’t even set to begin until next spring or summer so yeah - we’re looking at like summer 2024 if that’s the case.

I always forget what happens by the time the new season comes out. Ozark was like that too. I couldn't remember who died, who killed them, etc.

• Like 1

I thought the finale was great and, up until the finale, I thought the entire season was really good.  After the finale though the season seems really lacking.  Coulda told the limited story that they did in half a season or less.  An entire season for character development is a rip off.

Episode 10 could have been episode 4 and it would have been equally impactful.  Anybody who asks me I will tell them to just skip the season all together because a 5 min recap is all you need.

• Like 1

Yes, the season started very slow with lots of filler. But finally it took off in episode 9 and episode 10 was excellent.
I'm glad I  hung in and look forward to season 2.

Binged the season the last 2 weeks. Surprised no one talked about this but as Viserys kept getting older & sicker, practically a skeleton I kept saying: 

3ov05rn4fhm21.jpg

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Binged the season the last 2 weeks. Surprised no one talked about this but as Viserys kept getting older & sicker, practically a skeleton I kept saying: 

3ov05rn4fhm21.jpg

I honestly thought he died twice before he actually died.....