HBO's Game of Thrones Prequel House of Dragons

Mike030270

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Weddings are the best 

I love when the Queen arrives and everyone stands up, Daemon just stays straight chillin in his seat :lol:

• Haha 1

I was beginning to feel like this show wasn’t going anywhere and was hard to watch, not being fully invested in any of the characters really, then last night happened and it pulled me back in.

On 9/19/2022 at 2:25 PM, DBW said:

I was beginning to feel like this show wasn’t going anywhere and was hard to watch, not being fully invested in any of the characters really, then last night happened and it pulled me back in.

You could say that about Breaking Bad or parts of Game of Thrones or Better Call Saul. 

• Like 1

So far this is basically a soap opera with (occasionally) dragons.  Half way in and now they are going to do a big time jump and add a bunch of characters?  While the first half ended with the death of a dude we didn't even get to learn his name.  You start to get the feeling this show has too much riding on these dragon battles.  they better be really awesome.

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

So far this is basically a soap opera with (occasionally) dragons.  Half way in and now they are going to do a big time jump and add a bunch of characters?  While the first half ended with the death of a dude we didn't even get to learn his name.  You start to get the feeling this show has too much riding on these dragon battles.  they better be really awesome.

I mean they made the dudes name Joffrey. Unless they named him Jon snow, ned stark, or Tyrion Lannister… I’m not sure if there’s an easier name for former GoT’s watchers for them to have given dude 

4 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

They can’t really plan a prequel that was 200+ years ago without time jumps.  This is 3-4 seasons at best before we get to the GoT we all know. 

9 hours ago, DBW said:

They can’t really plan a prequel that was 200+ years ago without time jumps.  This is 3-4 seasons at best before we get to the GoT we all know. 

I don't see how that is my (the viewer's) problem.  Rings of Power is condensing 2k years for the sake of story.

19 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

For me, so far, House of the Dragon is slightly ahead.  

i'd go with this as well. im enjoying both, but HoD has been a lil better so far. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

i'd go with this as well. im enjoying both, but HoD has been a lil better so far. 

They're different enough that I like them both, I'm just enjoying HoD a little more.  I could see RoP taking over at some point once things really start heating up, however

35 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

They're different enough that I like them both, I'm just enjoying HoD a little more.  I could see RoP taking over at some point once things really start heating up, however

Each show has "won the week" a couple times imo.  I've got HoD at about 6.5/10 & RoP at about 7/10 so far.  I just think RoP has clearly set up a lot more exciting things to look forward to.  Neither show is better than The Witcher yet, but then again neither was the Witcher at this juncture.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

Each show has "won the week" a couple times imo.  I've got HoD at about 6.5/10 & RoP at about 7/10 so far.  I just think RoP has clearly set up a lot more exciting things to look forward to.  Neither show is better than The Witcher yet, but then again neither was the Witcher at this juncture.

To be fair - Yennefer's boobs are always going to win out 

• Haha 1

Last comment for now, if there is one actor in either show that I think has absolutely slayed it, it has to be Paddy Considine's Viserys.  How that man takes a character with so many obvious weaknesses and still emanates such power and dominates every scene is a marvel.

6 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

I don't see how that is my (the viewer's) problem.  Rings of Power is condensing 2k years for the sake of story.

It’s not a problem unless you make it a problem. I’m just saying the obvious, it’s hard to fit hundreds of what’s into a show that may only be 3-4 seasons at best without some time jumps.  If that bothers you then it’s a personal issue you can choose to hate it if you wish.  As for Dork of the Rings, I’ve never read a book or watched a single one of those so I won’t comment on it.  

35 minutes ago, DBW said:

It’s not a problem unless you make it a problem. I’m just saying the obvious, it’s hard to fit hundreds of what’s into a show that may only be 3-4 seasons at best without some time jumps.  If that bothers you then it’s a personal issue you can choose to hate it if you wish.  As for Dork of the Rings, I’ve never read a book or watched a single one of those so I won’t comment on it.  

That opinion is...rich.

7 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

To be fair - RoP started out with a gigantic time jump right at the beginning of the show 😂

54 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

To be fair - RoP started out with a gigantic time jump right at the beginning of the show 😂

That was a prologue.  Time jumps mid season, much less every episode, is pretty whack.  Especially when the entire 5 episodes feel like they could have been covered by Littlefinger in 5 minutes with 3 dancing prostitutes in the background.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2022 at 9:51 AM, mikemack8 said:

For me, so far, House of the Dragon is slightly ahead.  

LotR movies were fun watches but way more fantasy than I prefer. I’m guessing the show is the same so I probably agree. 

I saw half of one of the lotr movies when I was in highschool. My brother rented it and I figured I'd give it a try. I saw an hour and a half of walking and then right when something semi interesting was about to happen, the movie ended. 

Never watched another second after that

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, BFit said:

I saw half of one of the lotr movies when I was in highschool. My brother rented it and I figured I'd give it a try. I saw an hour and a half of walking and then right when something semi interesting was about to happen, the movie ended. 

Never watched another second after that

Okay clerks 2

This dude out here murkin his own dad and brother. Might be the craziest F’er we’ve met between both shows