Fate of Former Eagles

time2rock

12 hours ago, time2rock said:

This one not player related ... it is regarding a former coach.  Schwartz joining Tennessee's coaching staff.  Title TBD.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/06/report-jim-schwartz-will-join-titans-staff/

I never believed he was retiring, and I wonder if he’ll rejoin Doug next year.  This is assuming of course that Doug gets a HC job next year. 

28 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

I never believed he was retiring, and I wonder if he’ll rejoin Doug next year.  This is assuming of course that Doug gets a HC job next year. 

I also never believed Schwartz was retiring ... always thought he was just jumping ship knowing what a flustercluck this team had become and probably felt things were going south quick.  But I don’t know if Doug gets a HC opportunity next year ... he may have to take an OC spot first.  

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I also never believed Schwartz was retiring ... always thought he was just jumping ship knowing what a flustercluck this team had become and probably felt things were going south quick.  But I don’t know if Doug gets a HC opportunity next year ... he may have to take an OC spot first.  

I guess depending on the team, if the Bears fire Nagy would they consider another Andy disciple?  Cowboys, Broncos, Bengals, and the Cardinals all may be looking.  I’d bet on Arizona offering him a HC job if they fire Kingsbury.    

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Sudfeld to the 49ers. I thought he wanted to start? 😂

That's why they are trying to trade Jimmy G.😁

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Blackfish said:

He really has no ties to Doug. Schwartz was hired before Doug. 

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

He didn't have a contract though, why would he have to fake retire? Only reason he would of had to do that would be to get out of a contract. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaliEagle said:

That's why they are trying to trade Jimmy G.😁

Heard they want a first for him. Yeah okay. 😂

7 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He didn't have a contract though, why would he have to fake retire? Only reason he would of had to do that would be to get out of a contract. 

True, good point. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Blackfish said:

If Sirianni gets us over .500 this year it could be a while before Doug gets a call, his reputation took a big hit the last 3 years, he basically looks like he built his OC reputation off the back of Big Red and his HC reputation off've Frank Reich.

I've been saying for most of his time here that his half assing pre season is why we have so many injuries because the players aren't prepared for game speed football, I'd bet we see a return to more normal levels of injury this year too.

I could see Doug back in KC as a 'Sr. Offensive Consultant/Assistant HC', or some such title, like Andy had done in the past. Mornhinweg comes to mind. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I could see Doug back in KC as a 'Sr. Offensive Consultant/Assistant HC', or some such title, like Andy had done in the past. Mornhinweg comes to mind. 

bingo

48 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Is this coming season the only one Doug gets to live on Lurie's nickel? I'm not certain how many years he had remaining on his contract.

7 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

Is this coming season the only one Doug gets to live on Lurie's nickel? I'm not certain how many years he had remaining on his contract.

No, he has 2 years remaining on the extension that he signed in 2018, so he has 2021 and 2022 with Lurie paying him. 

8 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

Play golf, watch tape, wait for a phone call... all while getting paid. Must be nice

17 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

It's basically a consulting job. It's not like he's the DC. It's a another way for him to steal a paycheck.

I assume,  he wasn't going to be offered a contract,  so he decided to quit first.

32 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

No, he has 2 years remaining on the extension that he signed in 2018, so he has 2021 and 2022 with Lurie paying him. 

So no rush then. I doubt Doug has any pangs of conscience taking Jeffrey's money for working on his tan.

50 minutes ago, PhillyRockd said:

It's basically a consulting job. It's not like he's the DC. It's a another way for him to steal a paycheck.

I assume,  he wasn't going to be offered a contract,  so he decided to quit first.

Meh, this isn't the first time he has " stepp d away from the game" 

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Meh, this isn't the first time he has " stepp d away from the game" 

That's my point. Get them before they get you

Not a "fate” post but involves a former player.  Shady being his typical humble self.  For as much of a pleasure it was to watch him, it was equally painful to listen to him.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/14/lesean-mccoy-ive-got-a-good-shot-at-the-hall-of-fame-julian-edelman-does-not/

11 hours ago, time2rock said:

Not a "fate” post but involves a former player.  Shady being his typical humble self.  For as much of a pleasure it was to watch him, it was equally painful to listen to him.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/14/lesean-mccoy-ive-got-a-good-shot-at-the-hall-of-fame-julian-edelman-does-not/

Is he sure he wants to put his numbers up against other greats?? Because he isn't in the top 20 in any of the categories that he is putting up against other great backs. 

Also he has a total of 222 yards total rushing in the playoffs and 1 touchdown. He isn't even in the top 50 in that category. The last 2 super bowl runs he didn't get a single carry for the Chiefs or the Bucs lmao. What a clown he is. 

• Like 1

On 4/14/2021 at 2:54 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Is he sure he wants to put his numbers up against other greats?? Because he isn't in the top 20 in any of the categories that he is putting up against other great backs. 

Also he has a total of 222 yards total rushing in the playoffs and 1 touchdown. He isn't even in the top 50 in that category. The last 2 super bowl runs he didn't get a single carry for the Chiefs or the Bucs lmao. What a clown he is. 

I'm not saying he's a shoo-in, but you don't have to be in the top 20. After all, there are almost 50 RBs in the HOF already. As for McCoy, he does have more receptions than many other HOFers including Walter Payton, Emmitt Smith and Barry Sanders. His career warrants consideration, but so did Cunningham's. Then there are guys like Eric Allen that absolutely deserve to be in and still aren't.

3 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I'm not saying he's a shoo-in, but you don't have to be in the top 20. After all, there are almost 50 RBs in the HOF already. As for McCoy, he does have more receptions than many other HOFers including Walter Payton, Emmitt Smith and Barry Sanders. His career warrants consideration, but so did Cunningham's. Then there are guys like Eric Allen that absolutely deserve to be in and still aren't.

Can't compare those guys to this era... When you get into the mid to late 90's they started throwing to backs more. Even then Mccoy is still 3rd in receiving yards on the Eagles alone. Walker Watters and Westbrook all have similar rushing and or receiving stats to McCoy and none of them are getting in.  He is 38th in all purpose yards all time and there is a bunch of running backs that will never get in ahead of him.