Fate of Former Eagles

time2rock

2 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

You are probably right. I dont think there are any other QB's out there that can be serviceable......

I saw a list out there that had  like 15 options for the Vikings at quarterback and all of the options were guys they had to trade for. The last option on the list was him though. 

15 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

With Cousins going down any chance a certain former Eagles quarterback gets a call? 

Such an obsession ...........

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I saw a list out there that had  like 15 options for the Vikings at quarterback and all of the options were guys they had to trade for. The last option on the list was him though. 

Saw the same list, but don't the Giants need a QB as well?   Not for a playoff run, just to fill the roster. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Think you could point me to that list? I would like to see it myself.....

5 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

Saw the same list, but don't the Giants need a QB as well?   Not for a playoff run, just to fill the roster. 

Jones will likely be back though right? I mean they paid him so they’re kind of stuck. 😂

2 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Think you could point me to that list? I would like to see it myself.....

If I could find it again. They had Mariota on it too. Wouldn’t it be funny if the Eagles traded Mariota to the Vikings for a pick like they did with Sam Bradford back in the day? Of all the GMs in the NFL Howie could probably get a second at least.😂

• Haha 1

Agreed. Howie is truly like a mafia figure when it comes to what he does......at least, in my opinion he is.....

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Agreed. Howie is truly like a mafia figure when it comes to what he does......at least, in my opinion he is.....

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/lists/vikings-acquire-qb-kirk-cousins-achilles-davis-mills-ryan-tannehill-jameis-winston-carson-wentz/

Couldn’t  find the original list I saw. I think that list had Case Keenum on it. There’s a bunch of other ones out there. Unfortunately for the Vikings they’re not bad enough to just tank it out in hopes to get Cousins eventual replacement, but they’re not good enough to do anything even if they make the playoffs regardless. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/lists/vikings-acquire-qb-kirk-cousins-achilles-davis-mills-ryan-tannehill-jameis-winston-carson-wentz/

Couldn’t  find the original list I saw. I think that list had Case Keenum on it. There’s a bunch of other ones out there. Unfortunately for the Vikings they’re not bad enough to just tank it out in hopes to get Cousins eventual replacement, but they’re not good enough to do anything even if they make the playoffs regardless. 

Wow....some of these QBs I had no idea were still in the league like Brissett and and Tannehill......but from THIS list, I would think Wentz is the best available option, sad to say.....

49 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Wow....some of these QBs I had no idea were still in the league like Brissett and and Tannehill......but from THIS list, I would think Wentz is the best available option, sad to say.....

Tannehill started all but one game for the Titans this year...

37 minutes ago, Kz! said:

Tannehill started all but one game for the Titans this year...

I don't follow Tennessee like that to be quite honest.....I really need to pay more attention though.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I wouldn't be angry if they traded Mariota, then signed Nick as backup for the rest of the season. Maybe Nick wouldn't be able to spark that same magic from 2017 again, but if we have to go to our backup this season, we're screwed as it is right now. So why not bring in Nick and let him finish his career here. At least we'd get to see him in Kelly Green before all was said  and done. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I wouldn't be angry if they traded Mariota, then signed Nick as backup for the rest of the season. Maybe Nick wouldn't be able to spark that same magic from 2017 again, but if we have to go to our backup this season, we're screwed as it is right now. So why not bring in Nick and let him finish his career here. At least we'd get to see him in Kelly Green before all was said  and done. 

In either case I think the Eagles are screwed if Jalen is lost for an extended period of time, but I have way more confidence in an old Nick Foles can get it done over Mariota. 

• Like 1

On 10/22/2023 at 5:51 PM, brkmsn said:

Agholor is capable of being a productive complimentary receiver. But if injuries or depth made him "the guy," mentally he seemed to break down. He had such a disappointing season the year he was playing on the 5th year option. He never played at the level to warrant what he made that year, but I wasn't opposed to re-signing him after that for a modest short term contract around what the Raiders paid him. Getting away from Philly may have helped him, though, after the whole "unlike Agholor" stuff. 

Dude was great for us in 2017 and was a big reason we won the Super Bowl. For that alone, I'll never speak poorly of him (though there was plenty of reason to do so) and he'd never have to buy a drink in my presence. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Howie dodged a bullet there. Not that I thought they would pay him anyways. 

• Like 3

On 10/30/2023 at 11:17 AM, GeorgeM37 said:

Vikings went with Dobbs so his chances of playing this year are basically over. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Vikings went with Dobbs so his chances of playing this year are basically over. 

If he goes an entire season out of the league, I'd think that his chances of playing in the NFL again aren't great. Not impossible, of course. But when you have a bad reputation, you've previously played on 3 different teams in consecutive seasons and all three experiences ended badly, things aren't looking up. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

If he goes an entire season out of the league, I'd think that his chances of playing in the NFL again aren't great. Not impossible, of course. But when you have a bad reputation, you've previously played on 3 different teams in consecutive seasons and all three experiences ended badly, things aren't looking up. 

He needs to find a way to rebuild his reputation. Three teams/GMs pretty much are telling the league this guy isn’t worth the risk is basically a career killer, and he hasn’t shown enough talent wise to make him a risk worth taking. Maybe he can convince someone that he could be a good mentor to a young quarterback. I just don’t know anyone out there in the league who would take a risk on him now. Certainly not Reich or Doug. 

• Like 1

On 10/30/2023 at 1:44 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I think Nick could be a great mentor for Tanner McKee - saw a lot of Foles in that rookie, and a lot of potential