Fate of Former Eagles

time2rock

25 minutes ago, NOTW said:

He’ll give them his very best for 3 plays before hobbling off the field.  

On 11/4/2023 at 10:11 PM, time2rock said:

He’ll give them his very best for 3 plays before hobbling off the field.  

I wonder if he makes it to the showdown with the Eagles. 

43 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Looks like Carson finally made it back into the league. He’s signing with the Rams. Weirdly feels like it’s come full circle for him. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38842689/source-los-angeles-rams-signing-quarterback-carson-wentz

Was just coming to post this

IMG_8869.jpeg

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Was just coming to post this

IMG_8869.jpeg

Good for him. He’s probably going to get a chance to play. Hope he makes it count. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Looks like Carson finally made it back into the league. He’s signing with the Rams. Weirdly feels like it’s come full circle for him. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38842689/source-los-angeles-rams-signing-quarterback-carson-wentz

Hmm.  Rams draft Goff over Wentz, trade for Stafford who gets hurt and the #2 QB in that draft becomes their #2 on the depth chart now.  Plus Wentz had the injury vs the Rams in 2017.

• Like 3

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Brian Baldinger: the Rams Have Nothing to Lose by Signing Carson Wentz | The Rich Eisen Show

• Like 1

15 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Good for him. He’s probably going to get a chance to play. Hope he makes it count. 

IMG_1468.jpeg

• Haha 2

I'm happy for Wentz that he has gotten another shot. I don't know if he is anything other than a backup at this point, but maybe some time away will help him get both his body and mind right. The Rams will be one of the better landing spots for him and he can maybe revive his career as a high end backup

It sounds like the Rams think Stafford will be ready to play after the Bye week. Wentz will likely start out on the bench.

20 minutes ago, toolg said:

It sounds like the Rams think Stafford will be ready to play after the Bye week. Wentz will likely start out on the bench.

Either way he’s a much better option than Rypien. Frankly they took too long to sign him though. I don’t even understand why they did, because even with Stafford they’re going nowhere. At this point winning games just hurts them. 

44 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yeah I don’t really get her reasoning here. The bigger issue is why so late brining in this player when Stafford has basically struggled all season since trying to return from injury and what can they really accomplish being 3-6 at this point? I’d say that Wentz could potentially hurt their draft place, but I don’t even know if they have a 1st this year considering how many they gave up to sell their souls for that Super Bowl. This is a great opportunity for Carson to try and rebuild his career if he can find a way to get in games though. At worse he goes there and plays the good backup soldier. It could lead him to an opportunity next season. It’s tenuous at best, but at least he has a chance. 

6 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

"Not wowed ..."

I see this as an audition for next season. Face it, even bad Carson Wentz is better than some of the team's starters this year and way better than some of the backups that have had to play. He's just not a fit for what many teams want to do. The Rams may not be in position to draft Stafford's eventual replacement. So Wentz could work his way up there if things work out.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2023 at 2:04 PM, EazyEaglez said:

Honestly, I am very surprised by this but glad he got one more chance. Let's hope he makes the most of it...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Honestly, I am very surprised by this but glad he got one more chance. Let's hope he makes the most of it...

Wishing him all the success in the world except against the Eagles.

• Like 1

Aaron Rodgers surely was a factor in the Jets’ lack of interest in Carson Wentz

Published November 12, 2023 08:03 AM

The Jets’ lack of interest in Carson Wentz is being interpreted as a renewal of vows with Zach Wilson. And while the desire to stay the current course had to be a major factor, there’s another player to consider.

Aaron Rodgers.

It’s not about Wentz playing well enough to make it harder to bench him once Rodgers is ready to go. Because it wouldn’t be as hard to make the switch as it would have been if, for example, the Jets had traded for Kirk Cousins (which of course was never going to happen, due in part to that specific wrinkle). It’s about adding another personality to a crowded quarterback room.

Wentz doesn’t have the best reputation for being a good teammate. It’s likely one of the reasons Wentz had to wait so long for a chance. So what happens when Wentz and Rodgers (and Wilson) are around each other on a regular basis? That’s not an experiment the Jets wanted to attempt.

Bottom line? Rodgers takes a lot of oxygen out of the room. Wentz, given his draft pedigree and status as a consistent starter since 2016, likely does, too. As Phyllis said on Rodgers’s favorite TV show, "Dwight had a big personality, and I have a big personality. And a lot of times when two people like that get together, it can be explosive.”

Even while injured, Rodgers looms over the entire Jets organization like dry dynamite. The fact that he gave up $33.8 million in otherwise guaranteed salary gives him power and influence. Frankly, it’s hard not to think that the Jets specifically asked Rodgers what he thought about adding Wentz, and that Rodgers wasn’t in favor of it.

As evidenced by the fact that they didn’t do it.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/aaron-rodgers-surely-was-a-factor-in-the-jets-lack-of-interest-in-carson-wentz

Granted most speculative but makes quite a bit of sense (and further adds to the narrative that Wentz is somewhat of a locker room problem).  

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

Granted most speculative but makes quite a bit of sense (and further adds to the narrative that Wentz is somewhat of a locker room problem).  

Another story about something that didn't happen won't add to a narrative. Only Wentz' actual actions can. The "locker room" narrative already exists because people "click" on conjecture to see if it aligns with what they want to believe. 

• Like 1

On 11/8/2023 at 1:52 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Just looked up Barkley's career history. 10 different teams:

image.png

Amazing he’s lasted in the league as long as he has. 😂

On 11/8/2023 at 12:52 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Just looked up Barkley's career history. 10 different teams:

image.png

Can't believe he's still in the league.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2023 at 3:04 PM, EazyEaglez said:

And there were those on WFAN who were like WHY didn't the Jets sign him when they had the chance?  I suspect with Aaron Rodgers around, he might very well have gotten his head back on track with the Jets and would have been an upgrade over Zach Wilson.