Fate of Former Eagles

time2rock

15 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well it’s not just Douglas, but the entire league. No one is trying to touch Wentz. The Cardinals went with Dobbs who was a journeyman unknown. Burrow still doesn’t look quite right and the Bengals said no. Two other teams quickly wanted out of the Wentz business. To me it just doesn’t feel like NFL teams think this quarterback is talented enough to be worth the hassle. 

Maybe Wentz should grow a giant afro and play the r...cism card.

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Mortimer said:

Maybe Wentz should grow a giant afro...

That just brought back the memory of a movie from 1986...

4 hours ago, Mortimer said:

Maybe Wentz should grow a giant afro and play the r...cism card.

That doesn’t get you back in the league either now does it? 

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

It does make you money and build your "brand". 

11 hours ago, Mortimer said:

It does make you money and build your "brand". 

Wentz has the hunting show that has all the rednecks throwing money his we. He’s good.,

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

This might be the best move for him to try and have any chance of resurrecting his career. 

BA53F3D4-CE18-4FC0-A94B-F5A27E189E0C.jpeg

The USFL in the 80's set itself up to compete and had some genuinely top end talent, this iteration of the USFL is not near that level.

If he winds up in USFL he's completely done at NFL level, vet players who go to lower leagues and come back are rare as rocking horse turds.

The only guys that ever make it are undrafted rookies who end up on practise squads, the one guy I can remember making an active roster is Turpin at the Cowboys.

18 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

The USFL in the 80's set itself up to compete and had some genuinely top end talent, this iteration of the USFL is not near that level.

If he winds up in USFL he's completely done at NFL level, vet players who go to lower leagues and come back are rare as rocking horse turds.

The only guys that ever make it are undrafted rookies who end up on practise squads, the one guy I can remember making an active roster is Turpin at the Cowboys.

He just needs to try and right himself. Prove he can drop all the hero crap and the bad mechanics. Show he can be the upper tier guy he once was. If he isn’t just owning this league then he’s never getting back. That’s assuming he actually does try to do this. 

• Like 1

Just glanced at Miles Sanders' stats. Averaging 38 yards per game... on pace for his worst NFL season. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Just glanced at Miles Sanders' stats. Averaging 38 yards per game... on pace for his worst NFL season. 

And here Swift is about to surpass his total numbers from last season. 

• Like 1

Craig James looked pretty good for the Jets today. Made some really nice plays

• Like 1

NFL legend Terrell Owens hit by car after basketball game in California, police say

Owens was playing a pickup basketball in the Calabasas area

Pro Football Hall of Famer Terrell Owens was struck by a vehicle in the Calabasas area on Monday, Sgt. Maria Navarro of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department confirmed to Fox News Digital.

The incident is being investigated as an intentional act instead of as an accident. 

Owens got into an argument with an unidentified individual during a pickup basketball game. Once the game ended, the unknown male drove a car toward Owens and clipped him.

The former Dallas Cowboys star wide receiver didn't suffer severe injuries and declined medical attention, authorities said.

Navarro confirmed with Fox News Digital that the suspect, once apprehended, would be charged with "assault with a deadly weapon."

No arrests have been made in the case as of Tuesday.

Owens didn't immediately return Fox News Digital's request for comment.

Owens finished his storied NFL career with 15,934 receiving yards. He played for the San Francisco 49ers, Philadelphia Eagles, Dallas Cowboys, Buffalo Bills and Cincinnati Bengals. He skipped his Hall of Fame ceremony in Canton in 2018, and instead held his own ceremony in Chattanooga.

Owens has been involved in multiple incidents over the past several months.

Last August, a woman accused Owens of driving recklessly and nearly running her off the road in his Florida neighborhood. Owens and the woman then appeared to have a heated exchange. Police were called to the scene. 

Terrell Owens on the field before a Bills and Patriots game in 2021

Terrell Owens attends the game between the Buffalo Bills and the New England Patriots at Highmark Stadium on Dec. 6, 2021, in Orchard Park, New York. (Bryan M. Bennett/Getty Images)

The retired football player was initially charged with lying to authorities, but prosecutors later dropped the charge.

In November 2022, Owens was involved in an incident outside a CVS in Inglewood, California. Video showed Owens throwing a punch at an unidentified man outside the store. The man was suspected of harassing people in the store. 

The six-time Pro Bowler later told The Associated Press he acted in self-defense when the male "made offensive gestures and threatening statements" to him.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2023 at 1:42 AM, EazyEaglez said:

Ask this guy.

colin-kaepernick-return-to-nfl-as-backup-05.jpg

1 minute ago, EagleFan85 said:

Ask this guy.

colin-kaepernick-return-to-nfl-as-backup-05.jpg

No need to, because it’s fairly obvious (unless you’re fooling yourself) that neither of them are getting back into the NFL. 

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

No need to, because it’s fairly obvious (unless you’re fooling yourself) that neither of them are getting back into the NFL. 

He was just the first afro that came to mind when I read your post.

Just now, EagleFan85 said:

He was just the first afro that came to mind when I read your post.

That wasn’t my post. Someone else brought him up. I just responded to him. 

• Like 1

Our old friend Nelson Agholor just made a nice play for Baltimore, finding a way open and directing Lamar Jackson to find him in the back of the end zone. I like that guy Agholor, didn't set Philly on fire but always gave his all. Good to see him still in the league and making some plays

4 hours ago, kiwinavega said:

Our old friend Nelson Agholor just made a nice play for Baltimore, finding a way open and directing Lamar Jackson to find him in the back of the end zone. I like that guy Agholor, didn't set Philly on fire but always gave his all. Good to see him still in the league and making some plays

Agholor is capable of being a productive complimentary receiver. But if injuries or depth made him "the guy," mentally he seemed to break down. He had such a disappointing season the year he was playing on the 5th year option. He never played at the level to warrant what he made that year, but I wasn't opposed to re-signing him after that for a modest short term contract around what the Raiders paid him. Getting away from Philly may have helped him, though, after the whole "unlike Agholor" stuff. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Ertz left the Eagles in hopes to make a serious playoff run and ended up on one of the worst teams in football. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iladelphxx said:

I'd bring him back. 

Kind of a surprising release. I wonder if there's more to the story.

8 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Ertz left the Eagles in hopes to make a serious playoff run and ended up on one of the worst teams in football. 

I thought he was traded because he wanted more money than we were willing to pay him. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I thought he was traded because he wanted more money than we were willing to pay him. 

Yeah Ertz overestimated his value he wanted George Kittle / Travis Kelce level money, even though his numbers were volume driven and he was nowhere near their level at getting yards after the catch.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

For the most part yes, but the Eagles didn’t just drop him on any team to do so. They sent him someplace they thought could compete and at the time Arizona seemed good. At least that’s how I viewed it. I was surprised they couldn’t work something out. 

• Like 1