Fate of Former Eagles

time2rock

6 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Should the Jets Have Signed Carson Wentz Instead of Sticking with Zach Wilson? 

You have to wonder if the Jets were worried about fan backlash.

I had on X/Twitter a number of Jets fans saying he was poison and would have done nothing and wanted no part of Wentz.  

1 hour ago, Wallyhorse said:

And there were those on WFAN who were like WHY didn't the Jets sign him when they had the chance?  I suspect with Aaron Rodgers around, he might very well have gotten his head back on track with the Jets and would have been an upgrade over Zach Wilson.  

Who knows what’s going on with the Jets, but they do have Douglas there. He has knowledge of what is going on with Wentz. 

4 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

You have to wonder if the Jets were worried about fan backlash.

I had on X/Twitter a number of Jets fans saying he was poison and would have done nothing and wanted no part of Wentz.  

I think that Carson would have won more games than Wilson will. Would there have been other issues with the fans or players? Maybe. But if they expect Rodgers to come back before the end of the season, then they should be more concerned about winning than other issues. If Rodgers does come back, they could always have released Wentz on the spot if there had been problems. 

But then again, Carson's win-loss record with the Colts and Redskins wasn't the greatest. So maybe they figures it was a crap shoot either way. 

• Like 1

I'm probably the only Eagles fan who actually liked Chip Kelly.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Kotite version two.

9 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I think everyone liked him at first. Don't see how you could like him by the end of his stint. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I think the hate he gets from some quarters of the fanbase is pretty absurd and is largely based on a massive overestimation of the talent of the roster he inherited, like people believe we'd have won the Superbowl if he'd just kept DJax and Shady from the 4-12 year.

I still think the situation with Howie was no way to run a football team.

2 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I think the hate he gets from some quarters of the fanbase is pretty absurd and is largely based on a massive overestimation of the talent of the roster he inherited, like people believe we'd have won the Superbowl if he'd just kept DJax and Shady from the 4-12 year.

I hate Chip Kelly, but I don’t mind that he replaced the talent, but what did he replace it for? Shady for a broken down overmatched linebacker? Getting a washed up N/S runner in Murray only to use him in sweeps? Dumping Jackson for nothing? I mean they couldn’t get something for him? Howie got more for that bum corner from Seattle. Trading Foles (the only quarterback to this day Chip Kelly has a winning record with in the NFL) for dunk and dunk Sam Bradford. Chip Kelly won no playoff games. Chip Kelly’s record for the Eagles is worse than Rich Kotite, but people act like his stupid signs and four tecmo Bowl plays were revolutionary. He’s overrated, his ego ruined this team, and I don’t miss him at all. The best thing that Chip Kelly did for the Eagles was to obsess over Dion Jordan forcing the Dolphins to jump up and get him so we ended up getting Lane, and obsessing over Mariota so much that the Titans were scared not to draft him. Otherwise Fletcher Cox is a Titan. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Nah, it was because he either released or traded away our best players and replaced them with inferior ones. 

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I hate Chip Kelly, but I don’t mind that he replaced the talent, but what did he replace it for? Shady for a broken down overmatched linebacker? Getting a washed up N/S runner in Murray only to use him in sweeps? Dumping Jackson for nothing? I mean they couldn’t get something for him? Howie got more for that bum corner from Seattle. Trading Foles (the only quarterback to this day Chip Kelly has a winning record with in the NFL) for dunk and dunk Sam Bradford. Chip Kelly won no playoff games. Chip Kelly’s record for the Eagles is worse than Rich Kotite, but people act like his stupid signs and four tecmo Bowl plays were revolutionary. He’s overrated, his ego ruined this team, and I don’t miss him at all. The best thing that Chip Kelly did for the Eagles was to obsess over Dion Jordan forcing the Dolphins to jump up and get him so we ended up getting Lane, and obsessing over Mariota so much that the Titans were scared not to draft him. Otherwise Fletcher Cox is a Titan. 

I minded, lol. I agree with everything else.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MF POON said:

I minded, lol. I agree with everything else.

If you’re going to move on from these guys get better players and not worse. I never understood the idea that Chip Kelly was treated poorly here. Like what did Chip do that was good? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

If you’re going to move on from these guys get better players and not worse. I never understood the idea that Chip Kelly was treated poorly here. Like what did Chip do that was good? 

He had a couple of good draft picks, but his negatives outnumbered the positives by a ton.

3 hours ago, MF POON said:

He had a couple of good draft picks, but his negatives outnumbered the positives by a ton.

This is the year Chip drafted without Howie. Where are those great players? 😂 

AE35BE8B-C47F-4F81-BC40-4042E89A3AA7.jpeg

Finally this is a list of players Chip either traded or flat out released. Just remember Chip did all of this, because he believed that his stupid scheme was greater than NFL talent. Dude was a bum. 

C379754D-85BD-4D08-81D3-4965E9A131CA.jpeg

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

This is the year Chip drafted without Howie. Where are those great players? 😂 

AE35BE8B-C47F-4F81-BC40-4042E89A3AA7.jpeg

Word was Chip really pushed for Lane and Ertz, which is why he gets a lot of the credit for those picks.  

15 minutes ago, MF POON said:

Word was Chip really pushed for Lane and Ertz, which is why he gets a lot of the credit for those picks.  

Chip pushed for Dion Jordan which is why the following year he gave Howie a list of names of guys he wanted, and Howie messed up. He thought at least one of those guys would be there but the Packers moved in front of them and took Ha Ha. Howie panicked, traded back and took Smith. That’s what led to Howie being put in the basement the following year. Chip was erratic and egotistical. He cut Mike Vick after he was the guy who claimed that team down after the whole Riley Cooper incident, but to cut Jackson for nothing and then give Cooper that huge extension was just embarrassingly stupid. Chip did way more stupid stuff as a coach and meddlesome GM than any other coach save Kotite. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Chip pushed for Dion Jordan which is why the following year he gave Howie a list of names of guys he wanted, and Howie messed up. He thought at least one of those guys would be there but the Packers moved in front of them and took Ha Ha. Howie panicked, traded back and took Smith. That’s what led to Howie being put in the basement the following year. Chip was erratic and egotistical. He cut Mike Vick after he was the guy who claimed that team down after the whole Riley Cooper incident, but to cut Jackson for nothing and then give Cooper that huge extension was just embarrassingly stupid. Chip did way more stupid stuff as a coach and meddlesome GM than any other coach save Kotite. 

I mean, you're preaching to the choir in regard to the stupidity, but I'm just going off stuff I can half remember from the past and articles that note all of his moves.

The 10 smartest moves Chip Kelly made with the Eagles – NBC Sports Philadelphia

2 minutes ago, MF POON said:

I mean, you're preaching to the choir in regard to the stupidity, but I'm just going off stuff I can half remember from the past and articles that note all of his moves.

The 10 smartest moves Chip Kelly made with the Eagles – NBC Sports Philadelphia

😂 bro this list of 10 best things is so suspect.  Hired Press Taylor and Corey Undlin? Jordan Hicks was mostly hurt his entire time as an Eagle. Seriously to give Kelly the credit for Lane is revisionist history. It was obvious Chip wanted Jordan which is why Miami moved ahead of us to get him. At the time that draft had three tackles at the top and Lane was considered the worst of the three. 

E405E3C2-278C-4507-9F76-4A6DC0EBEC7E.jpeg

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

😂 bro this list of 10 best things is so suspect.  Hired Press Taylor and Corey Undlin? Jordan Hicks was mostly hurt his entire time as an Eagle. Seriously to give Kelly the credit for Lane is revisionist history. It was obvious Chip wanted Jordan which is why Miami moved ahead of us to get him. At the time that draft had three tackles at the top and Lane was considered the worst of the three. 

E405E3C2-278C-4507-9F76-4A6DC0EBEC7E.jpeg

I won't deny that Chip wanted Jordan, but two things can be true at once. Lane could've just been the option he pushed for once Jordan was off the board.  Also, Howie's run as GM has been consistently criticized until recent years, so it's not out of the question to think that Chip had a hand in the picks that year. 

2 minutes ago, MF POON said:

I won't deny that Chip wanted Jordan, but two things can be true at once. Lane could've just been the option he pushed for once Jordan was off the board.  Also, Howie's run as GM has been consistently criticized until recent years, so it's not out of the question to think that Chip had a hand in the picks that year. 

Yeah I feel like it was less Chip took Lane and more like the Eagles as a whole came to that decision basically after Miami made the choice for them. Another part of Chip getting too much credit here. Also people were bashing Howie mostly due to the "Dream Team” and the fireman. There’s was also this unfair idea that Howie drafted the bad players, but Reid and Chip drafted the good ones. We know now the Eagles rely highly on their scouts, and the draft process is more of a collective unit than one particular person. Howie only took the heat for Marcus Smith right? So Howie is that pick only on Howie, but Chip is the one who drafted Lane?