Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

1 minute ago, Green Dog said:

That lines on a mission!

It would be nice if the top line started to get going. But it’s nice to see the other lines playing great 

Couple great saves by Elliott in this game to keep it where it is. 

Only thing you can say is Wash is without Carlson who is a force in both zones.

Otherwise we are just a better team. 

Now Tampa gets a test.

Can finish no worse than the 2 seed!

• Like 3

Alright clinched the 1 or 2 seed depending on if we win Saturday. 

I kind of hope whatever seed we get we matchup in the second round with the capitals. We are 4-0-1 this year against the caps. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I kind of hope whatever seed we get we matchup in the second round with the capitals. We are 4-0-1 this year against the caps. 

Bruins need to win over the caps and we need to clinch the one. If we lose to the lightning we need the caps to win or tie the bruins.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Bruins need to win over the caps and we need to clinch the one. If we lose to the lightning we need the caps to win or tie the bruins.

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

If we lose to tampa, I think the caps have to beat the bruins. If the caps and bruins tied at 2 points the tiebreak goes to overall points. Bruins are way ahead. 

10 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Seems like we are only getting action from the one line.  I’m not complaining but Giroux, Voracek and Coots are very quiet offensively.   Also didn’t seem like Washington and Boston had a ton of juice to them in both games against us.  One final non complaint.  We need to simplify the power play.  Too too too much passing. 

WTH are you two talking about?   

The points in the round robin determine top 4 seeds. 

flyers win vs. Tampa= 1 seed. 
flyers lose vs. Tampa= 2 seed

1 seed in semifinals play 4 which if flyers win and Washington loses Or just gets one point vs Boston in the next round robin game the matchup if seeds hold up is flyers/caps. If Washington Wins Vs. Boston in the round robin then would be flyers/Boston 

2 seed in semifinal plays 3 seed (if seeds hold up). If flyers lose to Tampa Saturday and Washington wins then 2seed flyers and 3 seed caps. If Washington loses or gets just one point Vs. Boston then 2 seed flyers and 3 seed Boston would matchup in semifinal if seeds hold up. 

ideally you want to face the flyers are 4-0-1 vs. caps this year. Meanwhile Boston when rask starts vs. the flyers over the last 8 matchup rask is 6-0-2

28 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

They are re-seeding after each round this year. So there is no way to anticipate any match-up in the semis and without real home ice advantage I don’t see much of an impact.  I know the points in the round robin determines seedings.   

Only thing that matters.  We win sat we get the top seed.  We lose. We get the second seed.  And TBH.  I don’t even think that is a huge deal.  I just wanted to not go into the real first round flat. 

They are reseeding. However if seeds 1-4 advance Through the first round that’s what would be the matchups after the first round based on everything that was said. 1 vs. 4 and 2 vs 3. you’d rather hope to face (if seeding holds) washington rather than a matchup with Boston. Frankly the flyers have owned the caps this year and Boston with rask has had a ton of success against the Flyers. The one seed if Montreal wins against Pittsburgh would be the matchup 

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

In a normal year it’s pretty rare for the top 4 seeds to advance to the second round.  There will be more parody this year than ever.   

Possible for sure. Probably will be an upset. I’m hoping Boston or Tampa gets upset. But if i were forced to choose which of the other top 4 seeds I’d want to face semifinals it’s the caps over Boston it lightning. Rask just owns us of late. 

2 hours ago, Shocker54 said:

Could be the true test. I'm calling into WIP to ask 

Oh god....they know nothing about hockey but i suspect you know that 😉 😂 

• Like 1

Damn.  Missed the game tonight, but caught the highlights on NHL.com.  That line was en fuego tonight.  All 3 goals coming off creating pressure and TOs then showing some patience and heady play.  Would be nice to see the 'top' line play like that as well.  Still, 2 wins with only 2 goals allowed and chance at the #1 seed.  Hopefully Hart plays vs TB like he played vs those dbag Bs.  

25 minutes ago, Green Dog said:

Do we still not know what time the next game is?

It depends on who wins today.  They want to get the pens or mcdork into prime time if they don’t get eliminated today.  If the pens and oilers lose, we will be the 8pm game.  If either of those two win, we’ll be 4:00  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Green Dog said:

Do we still not know what time the next game is?

I was wondering the same thing.  I guess they have to finish today's games first.  Kind of annoying.

18 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If we lose to tampa, I think the caps have to beat the bruins. If the caps and bruins tied at 2 points the tiebreak goes to overall points. Bruins are way ahead. 

It’s been so long I forgot about Shootouts. Yes,  if we lose to the lightning caps need to win, either in regulation, ot or shootout. 

• Like 1