Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

Great hustle on the farabee goal keeping in the Tampa defensive zone. Eventually good things happen. Great pass and what a snipe job by farabee

Just now, 20Safety_Hazards said:

What a :censored: pass!!

So smooth and effortless all around. It wasn't even so much passing the puck as it was just pushing it to the next guy and quickly cycling it. I'm not used to seeing this team play this way, with such speed and chemistry.

Man when Ghost is on his game he can make some special plays. I hope the fact that he’s healthy really gets him back to his old form, because he is a weapon!

• Like 1

Ghost is having a hell of a game, Hagg can't go back in right now if ghost is going to play like this.  He wasn't terrible in the other 2 games but he didn't offer anything

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

So smooth and effortless all around. It wasn't even so much passing the puck as it was just pushing it to the next guy and quickly cycling it. I'm not used to seeing this team play this way, with such speed and chemistry.

Agreed, this team just outworks teams, and has skills now to make them pay for it. Though it helps when you can roll 4 lines deep

• Like 1

That power play was just dreadful. If we could get the power play going we’d start really blowing teams out of the water. Pretty amazing we’ve had 10 goals in three games all 5 on 5. 

dang if kubel gets that pass he likely has a hat trick 

That's 2 ishy PPs for the Flyers.  At some point they have to sort that out.

Good response after TB cut the lead.  Need to keep pressure on their D in the 3rd.

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

That power play was just dreadful. If we could get the power play going we’d start really blowing teams out of the water. Pretty amazing we’ve had 10 goals in three games all 5 on 5. 

dang if kubel gets that pass he likely has a hat trick 

I really want NAK to get a hat trick! He’s having a hell of a game tonight.  It’s amazing most of the stars if these games have been the young guns. They haven’t really need G or Couts or Voracek to dominate yet. This team could be on another level if they do.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Agreed, this team just outworks teams, and has skills now to make them pay for it. Though it helps when you can roll 4 lines deep

A thing that absolutely irritated me about the flyers since they fired lavy was guys just didn’t come to play every night full energy. They’d look good for stretches and then just come out flat. Or they just look good for 1 period meanwhile the first two periods they’d do next to nothing then come on like gangbusters. Hats off to AV he has them playing a full 60. It’s nice cause it’s get like nearly a decade since we got that type of effort consistently. 

• Like 2

Just now, 20Safety_Hazards said:

I really want NAK to get a hat trick! He’s having a hell of a game tonight.  It’s amazing most of the stars if these games have been the young guns. They haven’t really need G or Couts or Voracek to dominate yet. This team could be on another level if they do.

So do i. He and laughton have been playing great since the start up. 

I feel at some point in a 7 games series against some of the better teams like tampa and Boston we are going to need g, coots and voracek to be the stars they are. If they can get going with the rest of the team playing like this it’s going to be really hard for anyone to beat us. I think it’s what makes the flyers legit cup contenders along with having an actual defense that can move the puck and hart can steal games. He’s really matured since the early part of the year where he had some struggles on the road. 

If this PP gets going even a little bit then no one is going to want to play this team in a 7 game series. Look what the excuses are already, in the two prior games all anyone said was "oh boston/Washington look really slow and out of sorts". They'll say the same after tonight.

No one gives this team any credit for playing really, really well against 3 very good teams. And their superstars haven't even scored yet. Depth is key in the playoffs and ours is elevating their game 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, devpool said:

If this PP gets going even a little bit then no one is going to want to play this team in a 7 game series. Look what the excuses are already, in the two prior games all anyone said was "oh boston/Washington look really slow and out of sorts". They'll say the same after tonight.

No one gives this team any credit for playing really, really well against 3 very good teams. And their superstars haven't even scored yet. Depth is key in the playoffs and ours is elevating their game 

Not only that carter hart can steal us a game in the unlikely event we didn’t play great that night. It’s nice to Have a goalie that can do that. We really haven’t had that in a long time. 

3 minutes ago, Green Dog said:

Would be a tie game if not for Hart.

I thought the first ten mins of the bruins game hart was the reason we were able to take a 1-0. He and even Elliott last game have been very sharp and made some great saves. 

Defensive zone turnovers this period have been bad. Had 3 on that last cycle for Tampa. 

Not a good start to the 3rd period.  Need to cut out the sloppiness.  

Good PK, only 2 shots allowed.  Be nice to see them make it 4-1 after killing off the PP.

4 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

Not a good start to the 3rd period.  Need to cut out the sloppiness.  

Where have I heard that before...

Just now, Green_Guinness said:

Good PK, only 2 shots allowed.  Be nice to see them make it 4-1 after killing off the PP.

It’d be nice if we could control the puck out of our defensive zone instead of just trying to shoot it out the zone right to the lightning player at the blue line. Happened at least 5-6 times this period.