Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

It’d be nice if we could control the puck out of our defensive zone instead of just trying to shoot it out the zone right to the lightning player at the blue line. Happened at least 5-6 times this period. 

Where are our wingers?  TB Dmen seem to be all alone at the points and are pinching in at will so far this period.  There's only 5 of them now so if we can weather this storm, not allow a goal, then maybe their legs get tired and we can catch them on a counter or two?  But, yeah, need to get the puck out of the damn zone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Green Dog said:

Looks like the ice is choppy as hell.  Lots of bouncing pucks.

Would think it would’ve been A little better today. Only game played on the ice today

Just now, Green_Guinness said:

Where are our wingers?  TB Dmen seem to be all alone at the points and are pinching in at will so far this period.  There's only 5 of them now so if we can weather this storm, not allow a goal, then maybe their legs get tired and we can catch them on a counter or two?  But, yeah, need to get the puck out of the damn zone.

Tampa has turned it on This period. Feels like the flyers are trying to hold onto the lead instead of going for the kill. Plus our wingers seem to be sagging back and not giving our outlet passes a chance 

Flyers are playing narrow on D.  They are clogging the middle and leaving the outside open as it's a more low percentage chance for a goal for TB.

• Like 1

Kind of surprised they didn’t call a penalty against Tampa. The guy Hit right into hart... never mind replay showed otherwise. 
NICCCEEEE empty netter for the clinch 

Bring on the Habs! The eastern conference comes through Philly (via toronto)! Number 1 seed!!!

Damn.  Not only do we win all 3 games vs BOS, WSH and TB, but we outscore them by a total of 11-3.  Noice!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Green_Guinness said:

Damn.  Not only do we win all 3 games vs BOS, WSH and TB, but we outscore them by a total of 11-3.  Noice!

Without g, voracek and JVR doing anything and going 0-11 on the pp. 

• Like 1

3 GA in 3 games.

Team defense is as good as I've ever seen in Orange and Black.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Without g, voracek and JVR doing anything and going 0-11 on the pp. 

Man, if the PP and 1st line get going even just enough then this could be really fun going forward.

• Like 2

Kind of want Boston to beat the caps tomorrow. 

I'm not a fan of going up against Carey price, but hopefully he used up all his superpowers against the penguins 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Smokesdawg said:

Nice.  The Chris Farley bit in that hits home the most.  If there was one tv actor I wish was still alive and making people laugh it's him.

• Sad 1

The best team in Philly right now and I think the one with the brightest future. 

• Like 4

First game is Wednesday boys! Let’s Go Flyers!

Game 1: Wednesday, August 12 - 8 p.m.
Game 2: Friday, August 14 - 3 p.m.
Game 3: Sunday, August 16 - 8 p.m.
Game 4: Tuesday, August 18 - 3 p.m.
Game 5: Wednesday, August 19 - TBD
Game 6: Friday, August 21 - TBD
Game 7: Sunday, August 23 - TBD

• Like 4

5 hours ago, vsptroops said:

The best team in Philly right now and I think the one with the brightest future. 

And it really isn't even remotely close at this point. A team with talent and depth along with a coach that knows what he's doing. Compare that to the other teams in the city:

Eagles: great coach with a talented team but little depth and perpetually decimated by injuries. They could contend for a title if they could keep more than half the roster healthy 

Phillies: solid coach with a good roster but the world's worst bullpen, also with a GM who is complete garbage. There is no hope of making it through even a wild card series with the bullpen they have  

Sixers: talented team with a supposed buffoon for a coach, idk enough about basketball to know any more than that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Eagles future isn’t looking bright.  Terrible drafting and bad front office decisions has buried them next year as far as the cap is concerned.   Huge transition period coming up.  Howie’s crap drafting will really hurt them.   

Flyers need to start to think of who the next Captain will be and bring in another scoring winger next offseason.  I think it’s time to move on from Giroux and Voracek.  They aren’t as impactful anymore.  Look to Coots as the next C.   I also think we are closing on it being time to cut bait with Patrick.   

I mean it seems pretty clear to me it’ll be Couts. He’s one of the longest Tenured players, centers the top line, takes on the opponents best players and generally respected by his teammates. 

Also you have frost in the wings, that may solve your scoring wing problem.

14 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

I mean it seems pretty clear to me it’ll be Couts. He’s one of the longest Tenured players, centers the top line, takes on the opponents best players and generally respected by his teammates. 

Also you have frost in the wings, that may solve your scoring wing problem.

G will likely be a life long Flyer, and I don’t see him giving up the C at least until his current contract expires in a few years. Furthermore, he has a full NMC, so he’s not going anywhere until his contract expires. Agree that Couts will be the heir apparent.

Jake is a different story. He’s movable, but that’s creates a hole in the line up at RW. I doubt the return for Jake will be all that great. Probably something similar to what the Pens received for Kessel.

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Eagles future isn’t looking bright.  Terrible drafting and bad front office decisions has buried them next year as far as the cap is concerned.   Huge transition period coming up.  Howie’s crap drafting will really hurt them.   

Flyers need to start to think of who the next Captain will be and bring in another scoring winger next offseason.  I think it’s time to move on from Giroux and Voracek.  They aren’t as impactful anymore.  Look to Coots as the next C.   I also think we are closing on it being time to cut bait with Patrick.   

I think the next C is pretty much a lock to be Coots. I wouldn't be surprised if they moved voracek cause of his contract but I don't think G is going anywhere, they've been quiet in the round robin but they were the two top scorers on the team behind coots and TK before the shutdown. Plus G can play all situations, voracek is even strength and PP only. Giroux will probably retire here unless he waives his NMC in the next couple years.

As for Patrick, we'll see where he is at the end of his contract (which I think is next year) and if they've made any progress on the migraine issue. Sucks cause it's a pretty unpredictable issue and apparently just became a big problem because IIRC no one was mentioning it at all in his draft year. He had some other injuries but I don't remember the migraine thing at all. The way I see it he either is able to manage his migraine issue and returns to playing (too young to give up on if he returns, the flyers have made this mistake way too many times), or he can't manage it and retires and the flyers have to replace him anyway.

• Like 1

We also have an expansion draft coming up.  I guarantee you Voracek is left unprotected to protect the young core.  If Seattle claims Voracek and they can bring Patrick back I'd imagine Patrick slides in as the 3C and Farabee moves full time to wing. 

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Everyone has been saying that about Voracek for months.  No new revelation. 

Yeah, but the question is do the Flyers send a pick to Seattle in an effort to get Seattle to use their pick on him to protect their other young guys.  Similar to how other teams unloaded contracts or protected other players from Vegas by sending other assets to Vegas instead.