October 5, 20206 yr I’m in the minority where between the 3 veteran high-salary guys (Giroux, JVR, Voracek) I’d have no problem with Voracek returning. He works hard and still gives a spark when he’s on. It’s time for Giroux to go, and JVR never should have been brought back at any price. If the Flyers could ever get Pietrangelo on a 4-year deal that would be the ideal use of resources, but landing him might take a 6 or 7 year offer. I’m not as high on Eckman-Larsson. If they strike out on landing either of them I’d promote Myers up to top pairing with Provorov and make a FA offer to Patrick Laine
October 5, 20206 yr 1 hour ago, Alphagrand said: I’m in the minority where between the 3 veteran high-salary guys (Giroux, JVR, Voracek) I’d have no problem with Voracek returning. He works hard and still gives a spark when he’s on. It’s time for Giroux to go, and JVR never should have been brought back at any price. If the Flyers could ever get Pietrangelo on a 4-year deal that would be the ideal use of resources, but landing him might take a 6 or 7 year offer. I’m not as high on Eckman-Larsson. If they strike out on landing either of them I’d promote Myers up to top pairing with Provorov and make a FA offer to Patrick Laine Living out here in Arizona OEL has been really underwhelming the past couple years. He needs a change of scenery cause he’s not very productive for what he’s getting paid. I’d much rather just spend the extra money on pietrangelo. He would be our best defenseman since pronger and he’s perfect pairing with provy. also i don’t Believe laine is a FA. He’s available via trade. Would have to give up Patrick and likely a high prospect and pick. Not sure how many picks we have if we do wind up selling off ghost and jvr
October 6, 20206 yr Stoked about the niskanen news. He was horrible in the playoffs. Not a big fan of braun at all, he was also terrible in the playoffs and really not that great in the regular season. The flyers won't get pietrangelo, but if there's a solid middle pairing guy I would go after them.
October 7, 20206 yr I wonder if Connor Zary or Jacob Perreault will be available at the Flyers #23 pick for some goal scoring touch.
October 7, 20206 yr Hmm .... Tyson Foerster is the pick at #23. Big shot, PP production, one-timer in the mode of Ovi and Stamkos. Good size at 6’2, 195 lbs will probably fill out around 210. Hopefully his skating is good enough
October 7, 20206 yr Apparently has some skating issues, but that can be taught. Finally they draft a guy who can be an actual sniper.
October 7, 20206 yr Yeah, it's nice to finally see a forward with a rocket shot. Seems like it's been decades (Lindros/LeClair) since that type of goal scorer.
October 7, 20206 yr I was hoping Hendrix Lapierre would make it to 23. If he stays healthy he might be one of the top 3 players to come out of this draft. I kind of think Washington has a feeling we’d take him at 22 and moved up to get him so we couldn’t. I like the pick we made but i would’ve loved to get Lapierre. If he manages to stay healthy i think the capitals hit gold at 22
October 7, 20206 yr 3 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said: I was hoping Hendrix Lapierre would make it to 23. If he stays healthy he might be one of the top 3 players to come out of this draft. I kind of think Washington has a feeling we’d take him at 22 and moved up to get him so we couldn’t. I like the pick we made but i would’ve loved to get Lapierre. If he manages to stay healthy i think the capitals hit gold at 22 We can't go that route since Nolan Patrick's future is up in the air. I like the safer pick here.
October 7, 20206 yr 6 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said: I was hoping Hendrix Lapierre would make it to 23. If he stays healthy he might be one of the top 3 players to come out of this draft. I kind of think Washington has a feeling we’d take him at 22 and moved up to get him so we couldn’t. I like the pick we made but i would’ve loved to get Lapierre. If he manages to stay healthy i think the capitals hit gold at 22 Yup. Capitals jumped from #24 to #22 just to get in front of us and gave up a 3rd round pick to do it, so they must have believed Lapierre would be our pick. The Flyers had lots of good prospects to choose from regardless -- Foerster, Perreault and Zary were all still available and all fit their need for a pure scorer. Hard to get the whole picture from a highlight video, but he appears to have more than a big one-timer. Looks like he's got good hockey sense, passes the puck well, and his skating doesn't look like it will be a liability:
October 7, 20206 yr 13 hours ago, Alphagrand said: Hmm .... Tyson Foerster is the pick at #23. Big shot, PP production, one-timer in the mode of Ovi and Stamkos. Good size at 6’2, 195 lbs will probably fill out around 210. Hopefully his skating is good enough I don't know anything about this kid but man, if he can just be close to those guys as a sniper, that would be amazing. Like others have said, it has been years since we have had a guy like that.
October 7, 20206 yr 7 minutes ago, vsptroops said: I don't know anything about this kid but man, if he can just be close to those guys as a sniper, that would be amazing. Like others have said, it has been years since we have had a guy like that. He doesn't have the elite skill of a Steven Stamkos; I saw one projection for him as a 2nd line scorer. I picture his comp to be more like Jeff Carter -- hopefully not nearly as soft a player as Carter was, though.
October 7, 20206 yr Flyers selected Emil Andrae with their second round pick — Swedish defenceman, small (5’9, 185 lbs), good skater and puck handler apparently. Would likely play in Sweden for a couple more years before coming over, but the Flyers can definitely use a D-man who can skate the puck out of the zone and/or make a good first pass.
October 8, 20206 yr All the picks after round 1 are below 5'11". Hope they are great skaters, handle the puck well and are fast.
October 10, 20205 yr Quite happy the Flyers didn’t sign Shattenkirk; he’s really not any better than Niskanen. I would argue he might not even be as good. He’d put up a few more points, but he’s generally clueless in his own end.
Create an account or sign in to comment