September 6, 20206 yr 6 minutes ago, Shocker54 said: You have to call into WIP and start your call with "I played in high school" those calls are my favorite because I know I'm about to hear from an expert. Haha, Those callers make me laugh every time...
September 6, 20206 yr 3 hours ago, LacesOut said: My thoughts too. Nine goals in 2 games he gave up?? Hmmmm...if I was the HC, I would surely contemplate a G change. Now, did the D stink for those goals? Probably. But the G still has to be responsible for something. Yep. Nice call by the Isles head coach. Flyers had maybe figured out Isles goalie, so, have some big bones and change it up. Kudos Islanders.
September 6, 20206 yr 13 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said: I haven’t played goal since high school and I could post a shutout for the isles tonight. There hasn’t been a quality chance since the first 5 minutes, other than whiffing on a wide open goal. You wouldn’t of gotten past warmups bud
September 6, 20206 yr 13 minutes ago, NoDak Eagle said: You wouldn’t of gotten past warmups bud You don’t think I know that... I swear, sarcasm is lost on people. My point was Greiss didn’t dominate the Flyers. He barely had to try tonight. The Flyers played like they never had any semblance of an offense to even be a threat to greiss.
September 6, 20206 yr 45 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said: You don’t think I know that... I swear, sarcasm is lost on people. My point was Greiss didn’t dominate the Flyers. He barely had to try tonight. The Flyers played like they never had any semblance of an offense to even be a threat to greiss. I know what you meant. Just givin you a hard time. Just an embarrassing effort by the Flyers
September 6, 20206 yr 55 minutes ago, LacesOut said: As it should be. Better team won. Hard to believe it went to 7 games
September 6, 20206 yr 29 minutes ago, NoDak Eagle said: Hard to believe it went to 7 games Really it shouldn’t. They should’ve lost in game 6. They were badly outplayed. But islanders goaltender allowed us to stay in. Also caught a ton of good fortunate like stick breaks with hayes
September 6, 20206 yr Author Defense, poop. Half the offense, poop. PP, poop. Same ol Flyers I have been watching the past 20 years.
September 6, 20206 yr 3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said: Disappointed. Once again. Laughton is a guy who showed heart. Tons of promise for the future with this team. On ice leadership needs to change. Right coach, right goalie, good young defense, need more scoring and more heart. I like the young defense but man would i love to be able to clear space to make a run at pietrangelo. He would really make such a difference in this type of series against barzal. The amount of turnovers we had by defensemen trying to just get the puck out of the zone with pietrangelo would be able to help. You eliminate some of the turnovers you really could eliminate some goals in both this and last series. Gives you more offensive chances as well. highly doubtful they do it. I also think you’d leave one of your young defensemen exposed in the expansion draft in a year If you did it as you can only keep 3 and you’d have pietrangelo, provy, Sanheim and Myers. im still for trying to get someone to take ghost and JVR. I want the cap space to use on players who fit AV’s system better and likely have more speed. I feel JVR is a one trick pony with scoring and he’s been way too inconsistent when he’s here. And ghost they’ve likely been trying. Only way i see someone taking him is if you give up a solid pick.
September 6, 20206 yr 8 hours ago, NoDak Eagle said: Hard to believe it went to 7 games Agreed. Heck, if it wasn't for the Flyers Goalie, they should have lost the Habs series. And that team was trash!!
September 6, 20206 yr 9 hours ago, NoDak Eagle said: I know what you meant. Just givin you a hard time. Just an embarrassing effort by the Flyers No worries, I’m sure we all had some rage we had to get out last night.
September 6, 20206 yr On 9/3/2020 at 10:50 AM, NYEagle said: This team seems to play better when no one expects anything......I don't expect anything so......6-1 Flyers victory tonight and of course......they spit the bit in game 7. Ok...so it wasn't 6-1 in game 6 but I was pretty close.....and I hate being right...ugh!
September 6, 20206 yr 10 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said: I like the young defense but man would i love to be able to clear space to make a run at pietrangelo. He would really make such a difference in this type of series against barzal. The amount of turnovers we had by defensemen trying to just get the puck out of the zone with pietrangelo would be able to help. You eliminate some of the turnovers you really could eliminate some goals in both this and last series. Gives you more offensive chances as well. highly doubtful they do it. I also think you’d leave one of your young defensemen exposed in the expansion draft in a year If you did it as you can only keep 3 and you’d have pietrangelo, provy, Sanheim and Myers. im still for trying to get someone to take ghost and JVR. I want the cap space to use on players who fit AV’s system better and likely have more speed. I feel JVR is a one trick pony with scoring and he’s been way too inconsistent when he’s here. And ghost they’ve likely been trying. Only way i see someone taking him is if you give up a solid pick. we have to get younger and cheaper at the wings and i think we need an elite center or two like jack eichel and barkov if they are both available, heck they would be great depth, eichel, barkov, hayes, courturier, with provy and pietrangelo, man that team will win a cup.
September 6, 20206 yr 7 minutes ago, toughfighter83 said: we have to get younger and cheaper at the wings and i think we need an elite center or two like jack eichel and barkov if they are both available, heck they would be great depth, eichel, barkov, hayes, courturier, with provy and pietrangelo, man that team will win a cup. In theory that would be great but why would the Sabres get rid of him since he is only 22? Only thing I can think of is because of salary cap hit. He is owed 60 mil for another 6 years. I agree though, this team needs an upgrade of elite talent but unfortunately, those guys don't grow on trees.
September 6, 20206 yr Well, that's was very disappointing. You'd think after pulling off back-to-back OT wins to keep alive that they'd come out with more than that lame clunker of a game they played. Just a measly 15 shots on goal and again bad play in the D end cost us goals. Up till the Isles scored I thought it was fairly even. Once they scored they took over the game. I could see that first goal coming. To leave a guy that wide open to pick his shot, and it was the one place he had to put it to get it by Hart and he did, that's just bad positioning and heads up by the (team) D. Second goal, Hart had zero chance. They had the Flyers looking lost out there and just made a great cross ice play for an empty net goal. Third goal was my favourite since Capt. G got his pocket picked from behind and then Provy gets caught up ice, the guy who picked G's pocket darts up ice for a 2-on-1 opportunity and I forget who our D player was who didn't take away the pass to allow Hart to focus 1v1 on the shooter, but whoever it was that was simply poor effort and awareness. Once again Hart had zero chance to stop that goal. I was watching the game with a couple friends and the one asked why is our 4th line out vs the Barzal line and I thought that odd since being the home side we had the right to last change on the ice. Didn't matter, because that line turned our top line inside out most of the night. G isn't a first line player any more. Nor should he wear the C next season. As a 3rd line player he'd be OK, but we can all surmise he's not to be counted on in critical situations going forward. Would be great to be able to unload him and Jake, but their contracts make that almost impossible. Also have to find a way to dump JVR. We have good young pieces in place on the back end with Hart, Provy, Sanheim, Myers and even Hagg. Would be great to add a proven vet just under 30yo to that group. Niskanen seemed a good pickup and he was solid in the regular season, but was not good in the playoffs. They need to figure out what their plans are for the forwards going into next season and the next few seasons. Again, some good young pieces in place with the likes of TK (even though he didn't score in the playoffs), Lindblom, Coots (still only 27), Raffl, Farabee, Frost and Laughton is decent 3rd/4th line guy to have. G and Jake can't be counted on as a #1 unit. If AV still rolls them out there on the top line next season it'll be hard for them as a team to take the next step towards a Cup.
September 6, 20206 yr 2 hours ago, Shocker54 said: Bringing in elite talent is going to be impossible because you can't get Jake and G's ridiculous deals off the books. anything is possible, they pulled a shocker when they traded carter and richards even i was shocked they traded richards because i thought they were just going to trade carter, i know giroux is on ntc, they can force him to waive it and trade him or they could trade jvr and jake contracts too. it will be interesting on what happens. they are going to make some moves, i'll be shocked if they dont.
September 6, 20206 yr 31 minutes ago, toughfighter83 said: anything is possible, they pulled a shocker when they traded carter and richards even i was shocked they traded richards because i thought they were just going to trade carter, i know giroux is on ntc, they can force him to waive it and trade him or they could trade jvr and jake contracts too. it will be interesting on what happens. they are going to make some moves, i'll be shocked if they dont. In order to move ghost (who’ve they been trying to move for a couple seasons according to one of the best writers on 975 the other day) and JVR gonna have to either give up a high pick or prospect. I would do so just to get the cap space off the books and we have a full cupboard of prospects we could afford to do so and get the cap space. I do think JVR has value to a team needing to get to the cap floor and wants a goal scorer that fits what they do. He just isn’t a fit here and if he’s not scoring goals he’s basically useless everywhere else and has been underwhelming his entire tenure with the Flyers.
September 6, 20206 yr All a NMC really means in practical terms is that a player (Giroux) gives the Flyers a list of teams he will waive that NMC to move. Hopefully the player is not a **** like Iginla was with the Flames, when he only gave two teams (BOS, PIT), then refused a trade to BOS. I think everyone understands Giroux and Voracek are not the future and the Flyers will see if there is a market for them. They’re both over 30 so they’d be seen as complementary pieces for a contender — the compensation would reflect that, so don’t expect too much. JVR is in that same group but his performance dictates an even lower return. Personally I still think the Flyers need a stud #1 defenceman like Pietrangelo AND a sniper like Patrick Laine — unfortunately both would be really expensive and the Flyers have no cap room. Doing a fire sale on G, Jake, and JVR might be the only option. Gostisbehere is another guy who is likely gone and will fetch a lower return than Flyers fans think. Long answer short is they have to dump age and salary for peanuts to free up cap space; Fletcher will get A+ marks if he can get any value back in the course of doing so.
September 6, 20206 yr 1 hour ago, Alphagrand said: All a NMC really means in practical terms is that a player (Giroux) gives the Flyers a list of teams he will waive that NMC to move. Hopefully the player is not a **** like Iginla was with the Flames, when he only gave two teams (BOS, PIT), then refused a trade to BOS. I think everyone understands Giroux and Voracek are not the future and the Flyers will see if there is a market for them. They’re both over 30 so they’d be seen as complementary pieces for a contender — the compensation would reflect that, so don’t expect too much. JVR is in that same group but his performance dictates an even lower return. Personally I still think the Flyers need a stud #1 defenceman like Pietrangelo AND a sniper like Patrick Laine — unfortunately both would be really expensive and the Flyers have no cap room. Doing a fire sale on G, Jake, and JVR might be the only option. Gostisbehere is another guy who is likely gone and will fetch a lower return than Flyers fans think. Long answer short is they have to dump age and salary for peanuts to free up cap space; Fletcher will get A+ marks if he can get any value back in the course of doing so. Agree. At this point I don't have expectations of getting anything good back for G, Jake or JVR. I just want their albatross contracts off the books and will be happy that some team took them on, even if we get peanuts in return. We have a good amount of prospects so if you get those contracts off the books and add 1 each of a high quality forward and Dman both no older than mid 20s while continuing to develop the prospects then we'd be a in a good position going forward.
Create an account or sign in to comment