Apple Streaming

Gannan

Ghosted - Halfway through. Impression so far?  It sucks. De Armas is adorable but, besides that, it’s just bad. Both of their characters are really annoying. I’m about 50/50 on whether or not I make it through.

3 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Ghosted - Halfway through. Impression so far?  It sucks. De Armas is adorable but, besides that, it’s just bad. Both of their characters are really annoying. I’m about 50/50 on whether or not I make it through.

Alright, the last 30 minutes or so are better than the rest, but still not a very good effort. 

Really enjoyed Shrinking. This and Ted Lasso are the only recent shows where I can say I legitimately laughed out loud. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Really enjoyed Shrinking. This and Ted Lasso are the only recent shows where I can say I legitimately laughed out loud. 

Any time Derek is on the screen in Shrinking I find myself laughing. One of the funniest side characters I've seen in a show in awhile. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

Sounds like I should give Shrinking a shot.

You won't regret it.  One of the best shows I've seen.  I can't get over how funny Harrison Ford is in it.   

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, hputenis said:

You won't regret it.  One of the best shows I've seen.  I can't get over how funny Harrison Ford is in it.   

Cool.  I'll definitely give it a shot.  I haven't watched any series since season one of Poker Face ended.  I can't wait for season 2 of that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Any time Derek is on the screen in Shrinking I find myself laughing. One of the funniest side characters I've seen in a show in awhile. 

He'll always be Jefferson to me from Married With Children, but yes he's absolutely hilarious.

55 minutes ago, hputenis said:

100% agreed. Ford and Gaby are both hilarious. Brett Goldstein (Roy from Ted Lasso) is one of the creators.

• Like 1

Yeah, Derek was the sleeper in the show. They should make an app, "Let Derek name your dog”.

• Haha 2

I'm also super psyched for "Silo" which is based on a post-apocalyptic series of books by Hugh Howey. Comes out next week.

• Like 2

Just now, The_Omega said:

Yeah, Derek was the sleeper in the show. They should make an app, "Let Derek name your dog”.

"There's a string comin' out yo dog's butt." :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

"There's a string comin' out yo dog's butt." :lol:

Tampon Eater :lol: 

On 4/25/2023 at 2:48 PM, hputenis said:

I just started watching this and am halfway through already.  I can't decide which character is my favorite - they're all great.  Agreed on Ford though - perfect old man sarcasm.

Alice: Now he wants to have dinner with me.

Ford: What a dick.

:roll: :roll: :roll: 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I just started watching this and am halfway through already.  I can't decide which character is my favorite - they're all great.  Agreed on Ford though - perfect old man sarcasm.

Alice: Now he wants to have dinner with me.

Ford: What a dick.

:roll: :roll: :roll: 

This has made me look at him in a whole new light. Can't wait for Season 2.

• 1 month later...

The Crowded Room - 3 episodes in

Spoiler

So this is just him having multiple personalities right? 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DBW said:

Started watching Servant.  Instantly hooked!  

First season was awesome, but like most M Knight stories, it falls off by the end

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Watched "the greatest beer run ever" or whatever it's called tonight. Saw zac Efron and bill Murray in it so I figured it was a comedy. Wasn't really a comedy, but it had funny parts. Great movie though. Much better then I expected 

On 6/13/2023 at 5:25 PM, DBW said:

Started watching Servant.  Instantly hooked!  

16 hours ago, Gannan said:

First season was awesome, but like most M Knight stories, it falls off by the end

Agreed. Loved the first season, then it got progressively worse. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Agreed. Loved the first season, then it got progressively worse. 

That is an M Knight standard though 😆 

I have friends and family who worked on this show so it adds an extra element for me. 

• Like 2

I’m all in on Apple streaming. Just got through the 6th Platonic since it’s still live. Not sure how many more but It’s really good. Now we’re onto "the Last Thing He Told me” and it’s also really good.  While wife is tittyfeeding, these are the shows that get us through the night. 

• 1 month later...

I know there’s a lot of Steph Curry haters on this board, but his movie was really good.  Focused a lot on the Davidson run to the Elite Eight.  Also - his mom is absolute smoke

• Like 1

Haven't used Appletv plus in awhile. Saw that PS and Apple did another trial. I'll use it for Foundation. Don't really care about a lot of their content

Rewatched Greyhound and Finch because I'm a Tom Hanks fan

Apple TV in my opinion has released the best content over the past year or two

Ted Lasso

Shrinking

Silo

Black Bird

Hijack (new one with Idris Elba that's really good)

Severance

Those are just some of the better ones I can think of - I'm sure I'm missing some.  I haven't even watched Foundation

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Apple TV in my opinion has released the best content over the past year or two

Ted Lasso

Shrinking

Silo

Black Bird

Hijack (new one with Idris Elba that's really good)

Severance

Those are just some of the better ones I can think of - I'm sure I'm missing some.  I haven't even watched Foundation

Liked For All Mankind and the news one with Jennifer Aniston and Steve Carell...