Apple Streaming

Gannan

On 11/20/2023 at 10:30 AM, mikemack8 said:

Watched episode 1 and part of episode 2 of the Godzilla show - decent so far.  

My plans for thanksgiving include a bucket of Popeye's and a binge of that show.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

My plans for thanksgiving include a bucket of Popeye's and a binge of that show.

Well there's only 2 episodes out so far :lol: 

2 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Should be enough to keep me from tuning into Dallas!

• Like 1

On 11/21/2023 at 2:20 PM, mikemack8 said:

All in on this show.  

Spoiler

That snow monster at the end of the 3rd episode was awesome.  Might be colder than my ex-wife but I don’t want to sound ridiculous.   

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, hputenis said:

All in on this show.  

Reveal hidden contents

That snow monster at the end of the 3rd episode was awesome.  Might be colder than my ex-wife but I don’t want to sound ridiculous.   

Chode

Damn, they

Spoiler

nuked Godzilla

right in his face!

his face!

• Haha 3

Monarch has been pretty good so, and I think that making a series out of it was a great idea that I’d love to see other studios follow. Warner Bros could turn their Dark Universe into different series, rather than the movies that they shelved after Tom Cruise’ The Mummy flopped. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2023 at 7:11 PM, mikemack8 said:

The last episode of monarch was pretty dull though 

I’m gonna stick with it, but this show has gotten extremely boring. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, hputenis said:

I’m gonna stick with it, but this show has gotten extremely boring. 

Yeah - it's a show about titans/monsters, and we've gotten a total of about 2 minutes of screen time with said monsters. 

• Like 1

Monsters are expensive. They’d better be saving that budget for the last couple of episodes.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2023 at 11:41 AM, mikemack8 said:

Yeah - it's a show about titans/monsters, and we've gotten a total of about 2 minutes of screen time with said monsters. 

I didn’t really go into it thinking that. Quite the opposite. This is about Monarch. And I think the title is more referring to Monarch being the monsters. I love Kurt Russell so while admittedly it is a slower paced show, I’m enjoying it. 

• 4 weeks later...

For All Mankind - It’s a bit wonky, sometimes lacks direction, and can drag at times, but this series does the last couple of episodes of each season as well as almost any other show out there. Just non-stop anxiety inducing tension, and the 4th season was no exception. Kinneman was not very believable as an old man though.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, The_Omega said:

For All Mankind - It’s a bit wonky, sometimes lacks direction, and can drag at times, but this series does the last couple of episodes of each season as well as almost any other show out there. Just non-stop anxiety inducing tension, and the 4th season was no exception. Kinneman was not very believable as an old man though.

My brother watches this and loves it, but counts himself as a space nerd so I never got around to watching it. Might have to though

• Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 9:55 PM, The_Omega said:

On 1/14/2024 at 9:55 PM, BFit said:

My brother watches this and loves it, but counts himself as a space nerd so I never got around to watching it. Might have to though

If you liked "The Right Stuff" and "Apollo 13", you'll dig it.  Basic premise is the Russians land on the moon first and from there its an alternative history of what happens next, played out over 40 years.

On 1/14/2024 at 9:55 PM, BFit said:

I quit on it early on during the 1st season then, for some reason or another, decided to give it another shot and am glad I did.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Gern Blanston said:

If you liked "The Right Stuff" and "Apollo 13", you'll dig it.  Basic premise is the Russians land on the moon first and from there its an alternative history of what happens next, played out over 40 years.

i just finished the first season the other day. im hooked :lol:

• Like 1

Killers of the Flower Moon is streaming for free on Apple TV right now.  I can’t believe it’s 3.5 hours long. I’m only 45 minutes into it, and it’s good so far because of the acting, not because of the story.  I wish Mark Wahlberg would pop up from behind a tumbleweed and tell all the Osage to go F themselves. 

image.gif.f0c5e4cd9f25ecafc4206c09c750e442.gif

• 1 month later...

Constellation - This has the potential to be really good, or to be a giant letdown.  So far it's leaning toward really good but it's getting a bit confusing so the ultimate test will be how neatly they can clear up the confusion.  The space scenes were fantastic.

Just might have something in Council. Still raw, but plays tough and can finish. Could turn out to be a solid bench piece the next few years if he isn't traded.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, nipples said:

Just might have something in Council. Still raw, but plays tough and can finish. Could turn out to be a solid bench piece the next few years if he isn't traded.

Political gif. Barack Obama gestures in disbelief, holding both hands up and looking around as if to ask, “are you serious?”

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2024 at 10:53 AM, The_Omega said:

Constellation - This has the potential to be really good, or to be a giant letdown.  So far it's leaning toward really good but it's getting a bit confusing so the ultimate test will be how neatly they can clear up the confusion.  The space scenes were fantastic.

my brother told me to start watching this. holy sheet is it wierd but seems pretty good. definitely has a creepy element to it

• 4 weeks later...

Been binging For All Mankind.  Such a great show!  I love how it wraps in real life historical events but changes the narrative based on the Russians winning the space race.  Character development and writing is outstanding and the cinematography is great.  Right down to the soundtracks to the show they have nailed everything.  Starting season 3 this weekend.  

On 1/13/2024 at 9:55 PM, The_Omega said:

I love it! Just finished season 2.  You’re right about the non stop anxiety 😂 maybe that’s why I’m hooked.  

• Like 1

My wife and I are watching The Reluctant Traveler, with Eugene Levy. I like it. He visits some cool places.