Apple Streaming

Gannan

On 7/31/2023 at 11:53 AM, mikemack8 said:

Apple TV in my opinion has released the best content over the past year or two

Ted Lasso

Shrinking

Silo

Black Bird

Hijack (new one with Idris Elba that's really good)

Severance

Those are just some of the better ones I can think of - I'm sure I'm missing some.  I haven't even watched Foundation

You missed The Morning Show which is phenomenal. Platonic with Seth Rogen and Rose Byrne is also pretty funny. Truth be Told with Octavia Spencer is also pretty good.

• Like 1

Just now, Outlaw said:

You missed The Morning Show which is phenomenal. Platonic with Seth Rogen and Rose Byrne is also pretty funny. 

Haven't watched the Morning Show - have Platonic on the list but haven't gotten to it yet

Just now, mikemack8 said:

Haven't watched the Morning Show - have Platonic on the list but haven't gotten to it yet

Yeah I did an edit. I also recommend Truth Be Told with Octavia Spencer. Platonic is good mindless comedy, those two have good synergy.

Platonic was OK, not as good as some of their other offerings, but not bad.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2023 at 10:53 AM, mikemack8 said:

Apple TV in my opinion has released the best content over the past year or two

Ted Lasso

Shrinking

Silo

Black Bird

Hijack (new one with Idris Elba that's really good)

Severance

Those are just some of the better ones I can think of - I'm sure I'm missing some.  I haven't even watched Foundation

Hijack was promising but went downhill

Spoiler

The hijackers are amateurs. They get told to do a job or someone hires professional hitmen to kill their families. Why not hire professionals to do the hijacking

They hyped him up as this big time closer for companies and whatnot but all his plans have failed

At first he didn't want to attack the hijackers but now he does?

Don't know who the new woman is with the gun. She's clearly not a cop. Maybe she's the backup in case the amateurs screwed up

I don't really believe a nation would allow a plane to fly over their capital just by the word of one nation saying they're not the target

No one else thought to test out the wifi when the hijackers initially lied saying the wifi was out?

There's so many problems

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Hijack was promising but went downhill

Hide contents

The hijackers are amateurs. They get told to do a job or someone hires professional hitmen to kill their families. Why not hire professionals to do the hijacking

They hyped him up as this big time closer for companies and whatnot but all his plans have failed

At first he didn't want to attack the hijackers but now he does?

Don't know who the new woman is with the gun. She's clearly not a cop. Maybe she's the backup in case the amateurs screwed up

I don't really believe a nation would allow a plane to fly over their capital just by the word of one nation saying they're not the target

No one else thought to test out the wifi when the hijackers initially lied saying the wifi was out?

There's so many problems

Spoiler

They are definitely amateurs - I guess these criminal masterminds figured it would be easier to get them to do the job than pros, since there's no way they are getting out of this alive or without going to prison

I think he waited to attack until he was certain that these people weren't really inclined to actually shoot people.  And he now knows that only 1 person has real bullets.

The new woman works for the dude that they left out of prison - when he got in the hidden car he texted someone the word "now" then they switched to her going into the bathroom and pulling out her gun.

You definitely have to suspend belief to an extent for a show like this. 

• Like 2

On 8/1/2023 at 1:49 PM, mikemack8 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

They are definitely amateurs - I guess these criminal masterminds figured it would be easier to get them to do the job than pros, since there's no way they are getting out of this alive or without going to prison

I think he waited to attack until he was certain that these people weren't really inclined to actually shoot people.  And he now knows that only 1 person has real bullets.

The new woman works for the dude that they left out of prison - when he got in the hidden car he texted someone the word "now" then they switched to her going into the bathroom and pulling out her gun.

You definitely have to suspend belief to an extent for a show like this. 

This show is really good.  Wife and I are all in!  Also reminds me of this scene. 
😂

Finished ted lasso this week.  The show got some negative criticism in the final season but I think it ended on a great note and there’s not a more loveable character on tv than Ted.  

• Like 4

On 8/4/2023 at 9:09 AM, mikemack8 said:

Yup

Justwatch.png

Happy to see it.

On 8/4/2023 at 11:06 PM, DBW said:

Finished ted lasso this week.  The show got some negative criticism in the final season but I think it ended on a great note and there’s not a more loveable character on tv than Ted.  

Truly one of my all-time favorites.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2023 at 9:09 AM, mikemack8 said:

Yup

Justwatch.png

Peacock is terrible

On 8/1/2023 at 1:02 PM, Outlaw said:

You missed The Morning Show which is phenomenal. Platonic with Seth Rogen and Rose Byrne is also pretty funny. Truth be Told with Octavia Spencer is also pretty good.

Wife and I just finished season 1 of Truth Be Told.  We both enjoyed it. Not incredible but definitely worth the watch.  Truth be Told 🤓……….

Spoiler

image.gif.1ef514a243cf778361a0791c76867ba3.gif

• Haha 1

I have a "streaming service" for you, @hputenis

Just give me two litres of gatorade and wait in my bathtub with your eyes closed...

• Sad 1
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, sameaglesfan said:

Almost throught the first season of Severance - I like this one quite a bit.  

Cannot wait for next season. Season 1 finale was awesome. Probably my favorite show from last year. 

• Like 1

Yeah Severance was great, but the amount of time it takes these shows to release follow up seasons is absolutely absurd at this point.  2-3 years between seasons for 8 to 10 episodes?  GTFO 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/29/2023 at 9:05 AM, mikemack8 said:

Yeah Severance was great, but the amount of time it takes these shows to release follow up seasons is absolutely absurd at this point.  2-3 years between seasons for 8 to 10 episodes?  GTFO 

I forced my wife to watch Severance with me, and I think she may have dialed up a little more hate for me after we finished. Anything sci-fi or horror she’s out. I loved it. So she can F off. 

• Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/29/2023 at 8:17 AM, sameaglesfan said:

Almost throught the first only season of Severance - I like this one quite a bit.  

FYP. God, I can't wait much longer for Season 2.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2023 at 9:05 AM, mikemack8 said:

Yeah I can never remember what happens by the time they put out another season. 

• Like 2

The Morning Show - Season 2 and 3 they've thoroughly destroyed Chip's character.  Turned him into a pathetic mess.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, DBW said:

Just finished season 1 of Silo.  Really intriguing show.  Huge cliffhanger at the end.  Many more questions now.  

Don't worry, I'm sure season 2 will be out sometime in the next century :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

On 11/6/2023 at 8:28 PM, DBW said:

Just finished season 1 of Silo.  Really intriguing show.  Huge cliffhanger at the end.  Many more questions now.  

I liked this so well that I read the trilogy.  Pretty good stuff.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2023 at 7:29 AM, sameaglesfan said:

I liked this so well that I read the trilogy.  Pretty good stuff.

One of my favorite book series. And the show NAILED what I was picturing in my head.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...