Dune

DEagle7

I cannot Fing wait. I'm sure it's pushed back from its original December release plan but the cast looks impressive and I like Villanueve's work in the past. REALLY hope this lives up to the hype. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I didn't know Zendaya is in this. I'm a fan after Euphoria 

It has an incredible cast. Timothee Chalamet (Paul), Zendaya (Chani), Oscar Isaac (Leto), Jason Momoa (Duncan Idaho), Stella Skatsgaard (Baron Harkonnen), Josh Brolin (Gurney Halleck), Javier Bardem (Stilgar), David Bautista (Beast Rabban) just to name some of the highlights we know.

7 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

It has an incredible cast. Timothee Chalamet (Paul), Zendaya (Chani), Oscar Isaac (Leto), Jason Momoa (Duncan Idaho), Stella Skatsgaard (Baron Harkonnen), Josh Brolin (Gurney Halleck), Javier Bardem (Stilgar), David Bautista (Beast Rabban) just to name some of the highlights we know.

Didn't know about that. That's an expensive cast. Have they released what it cost to make it? Seems like it'll have to be a box office hit or else

6 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Didn't know about that. That's an expensive cast. Have they released what it cost to make it? Seems like it'll have to be a box office hit or else

Not that I can find but I am sure it will be massive.  There's really no way to do the battle scenes and the sand worm scenes without a huge special effects budget anyway so might as well go all out.  But they are going to split it up into 2 movies and potentially a TV series (with all that just related to the first book) so if it hits they're ready to capitalize. 

https://collider.com/dune-two-movies-sequel-explained-reason-why-denis-villeneuve/

Not that I don't think that's appropriate.  A big part of what made Dune special was the political intrigue which is such a slow burn that I think squeezing it into one feature length film would be tough.

You forgot the best person in the movie- Denis Villanueve. One of the best Directors right now. Sicario and Arrival are a couple of his works.

5 hours ago, matchew88 said:

You forgot the best person in the movie- Denis Villanueve. One of the best Directors right now. Sicario and Arrival are a couple of his works.

First post in the thread

On 8/23/2020 at 2:40 PM, DEagle7 said:
I cannot Fing wait. I'm sure it's pushed back from its original December release plan but the cast looks impressive and I like Villanueve's work in the past. REALLY hope this lives up to the hype. 

He's probably the biggest part of the reason I'm excited.  Even an all star cast can't make up for bad writing/directing. This thing (hopefully) has both.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2020 at 1:13 PM, matchew88 said:

yo my man, don't be out here sleepin on Blade Runner 2047

59 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

yo my man, don't be out here sleepin on Blade Runner 2047

Completely forgot about that - I actually bought the DVD. that's how great it is.

• Like 1

m7lzLQ2.gif

Seriously THIS should be the movie people are getting hyped about in 2021. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much but doing an awful job of it. 

• Like 2

Daaaaamn...those magazine covers look so good!

I know nothing about this movie, but I'll admit I am super pumped to see this.  Hopefully in IMAX.  

• Like 1

On 8/27/2020 at 5:45 PM, DEagle7 said:

m7lzLQ2.gif

Seriously THIS should be the movie people are getting hyped about in 2021. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much but doing an awful job of it. 

Lol I think you're hyping yourself out big time.

14 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Lol I think you're hyping yourself out big time.

Fully agree but if I'm right...whoo boy. A well done Dune movie has LOTR level blockbuster potential. It's going to be really hard to pull it off but a girl can hope. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Fully agree but if I'm right...whoo boy. A well done Dune movie has LOTR level blockbuster potential. It's going to be really hard to pull it off but a girl can hope. 

You be you dude.  This movie is going to f'ing rock hard :rock:

It is going to explain why we as adults couldn't fully buy into the new Star Wars.

• Like 1

It will be tough to top the old David Lynch version of the movie, but I thiiiinnnk they got this

03fdbeb53a359f87eda658a4580f1c6b.gif

(Yes, that's Sting)

Saw the trailer yesterday...Like 50 times, before it was removed. Looks just as amazing as I thought it would.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jrsu37 said:

Saw the trailer yesterday...Like 50 times, before it was removed. Looks just as amazing as I thought it would.

I almost posted it but it was all bootleg quality (WBs stupid "theater only" teaser trailers annoy me).  It's just a teaser, but yeah it got me really excited.  I'm hoping the full trailer on the 9th will show us even more.

• Like 1