Dune

DEagle7

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

What's YIFY?

This is a movie that I'll be re-watching a lot to see the little details

Movie torrent site...I've actually uploaded the file to google drive if you'd like I can DM you a link. 

2 minutes ago, jrsu37 said:

Movie torrent site...I've actually uploaded the file to google drive if you'd like I can DM you a link. 

Oh. No thanks. I think I have the one you're talking about anyway lol is it from EVO?

1 hour ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Picked up a projector during prime day this year.  Definitely setting it up this weekend to enjoy. 

I have One and screen, but it’s about 10yrs old.  Not high def.

Just finished it in the fancy theater 20 mins ago. This was awesome. I’ve been seeing 1-2 movies a week for like 6 months now. Dozens at this exact theater. First time leaving the movie there are GROUPS of people standing around chatting. Like dozen plus groups of people all discussing after. Can’t remember the last time (def pre-covid) friends just chopping it up after watching a movie 

• Like 1

I re-watched it on HBO Max and I'm curious about anyone's thoughts who read the books and watched it. I spoke with someone who read the books and he nitpicked the hell out of this

I still have my 1 nitpick

Spoiler

about them walking normal at the end when throughout the movie we were told about this special walk you must do or you'll die

I still liked this more than the 80s movie though

It seems to me it lacked character development. This one was visually stunning but I still like the first one better.

I absolutely loved it, but if you're not familiar with the story, I can see how it could be a little off putting...Especially how it "ended."

I've watched it 3 times since yesterday, and might again after the 6ers tonight. 

• Like 1

As someone who has never read the book I thought it was excellent just a Weird place to end. He must be confident he’s getting sequel 

• Like 1

On 10/22/2021 at 10:06 PM, Dwide Schrude said:

Is this movie an ok one to watch with younger kids?

I mean there is a lot of fighting and death, but not any gore...No bewbs either or cursing. So it all depends on what you're comfy with I guess?

I'd think it's ok, but not sure they'll be into it.

It's a masterpiece.  This is Villanueve's finest work by a mile.  It's Zimmer's best work also, i do think it edges out Batman Returns and it was used better than Dunkirk.  There are two types of cuck that are complaining:  the ones who wimped out and saw it on their silly little TV's at home and the illiterate snowflakes who need instant gratification when subverting the white savior narrative.  Both of those people can F off.

I saw it on IMAX and can't recommend it enough.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2021 at 11:49 AM, Perforator said:

It seems to me it lacked character development. This one was visually stunning but I still like the first one better.

It's pretty incredible that such an old movie still did a handful of things better than this 10/10 masterpiece we have now.  I still like Lynch's treatment of the Harkonnen and especially the mentats more.

Watched last night - having never read the book it took me a little bit to wrap my head around it, but until the end I was completely hooked.  I could have watched another 3 hours of that ish.  Seems like a sequel, while not "official", is definitely going to happen.

Going on vacation this week - might download the book and read it on my flights.  Is the whole series really good, or just the first book?

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

Watched last night - having never read the book it took me a little bit to wrap my head around it, but until the end I was completely hooked.  I could have watched another 3 hours of that ish.  Seems like a sequel, while not "official", is definitely going to happen.

Going on vacation this week - might download the book and read it on my flights.  Is the whole series really good, or just the first book?

I've read the first book prob 7-10 times...Never read any of the others, but have heard mixed reviews on them.

I haven’t seen the original, and am not familiar with this story at all. But I did watch it last night, wasn’t blown away but I enjoyed it. It was difficult to enjoy the movie while trying to figure everything out of who is who. I’ll give it another watch now that I understand things a bit better. 

It’s setting up for a sequel yeah?

1 minute ago, dawkins4prez said:

Part 2 green lit for 2023.

Was just coming here for this 

• Like 1

This movie was awesome from start to finish, and I only saw it on HBO Max in my living room.  Booking my IMAX tickets and going to see it like it was meant to be seen.  See you dorks later!  

Top 30 Forrest Running GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Spoiler

I was worried that we were headed towards another Fern Gully and Avatar plot in the beginning of the movie.  It took quite a quick turn.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Hide contents

I was worried that we were headed towards another Fern Gully and Avatar plot in the beginning of the movie.  It took quite a quick turn.  

MF'er Ferngully was awesome!

Also, those you mentioned would be stealing from DUNE as it was written FAR earlier than those.

• Haha 1