Dune

DEagle7

18 hours ago, Agent23 said:

I caught the one night only IMAX re-release Wednesday. Not only did it remain teh awesome but I’m pretty sure they added/expanded like 5-6 scenes because I watched that in theaters (maybe twice?) and several times on HBO (I think it was simultaneous-release?) and at least 1-2 times digitally from when I purchased it. These moments Wednesday all jumped out as completely new but I have not stumbled across anything commenting on added scenes. 

also booked my opening night Dune 2 tickets today as well. 

Dune was the best sci-fi I’ve seen since Star Wars. I’m so pumped for Dune 2. Comes out on imax here in Charlotte on February 25th. I’ll probably have to watch it by myself because all my friends aren’t nerd losers like me!  

20 hours ago, hputenis said:

Dune was the best sci-fi I’ve seen since Star Wars. I’m so pumped for Dune 2. Comes out on imax here in Charlotte on February 25th. I’ll probably have to watch it by myself because all my friends aren’t nerd losers like me!  

I can’t find anywhere listing anything earlier than Thursday the 29th. I have other stuff I hope to be doing tonight so I am impatiently hoping for an earlier date to show as available for this. 

• Like 1

Update: just found the 25th listings. Excluded from AMC A-List. I just got an $11,000 a year pay raise that should also add an additional $6,000 on top of that in new annual bonus money, yet my ass is to cheap to spend $19 when I can wait 4 days and see for "free” :roll: 

4 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Update: just found the 25th listings. Excluded from AMC A-List. I just got an $11,000 a year pay raise that should also add an additional $6,000 on top of that in new annual bonus money, yet my ass is to cheap to spend $19 when I can wait 4 days and see for "free” :roll: 

Congratulations!  And thanks for all the personal information! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’ve got my tickets for 3/2, best seats in the house at an IMAX. I’ve never booked tickets so far in advance for a movie in my life (probably because I’m not a nerd), but I couldn’t be more excited about it. 

On 2/4/2024 at 3:41 PM, hputenis said:

I’ve got my tickets for 3/2, best seats in the house at an IMAX. I’ve never booked tickets so far in advance for a movie in my life (probably because I’m not a nerd), but I couldn’t be more excited about it. 

That’s not even opening day ****ot! 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I saw last night. It did not change my life :sad: I still enjoyed it but have it around an 8/10 after first watch. I’ll go again likely the end of this week and see how things come together on a second viewing. 

i thought it was every bit as good as pt. 1.  Maybe even better in its focus.  Visually spectacular (those filters!) and well reigned in musically.  Dune fans are so damn lucky to have Chalamet and Zendaya in their peeks for this, we may get other great versions but we will never again have casting this perfect for those roles.  Javier Bardem stole the show however, his commitment tied it all together and made it all work. Austin Butler deserves a call out too, he had big shoes to fill and he was death & debauchery incarnate.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2024 at 1:16 PM, mikemack8 said:

:lol: 

Just saw this in IMAX. It was so good it’s hard to describe. I wanna go back to the movie theatre immediately and see it again. 

35 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Just saw this in IMAX. It was so good it’s hard to describe. I wanna go back to the movie theatre immediately and see it again. 

Need a little more alone time with the worm bucket?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

Need a little more alone time with the worm bucket?

image.gif.5b1ece262080d6df3e1e32e90f056b88.gif

• Haha 1

Just saw it and thought it was excellent.  Absolutely on par with the 1st one if not better.

Dune is my favorite sci-fi book and one of my all time favorites in any genre.  Think I've read it 5x, so far.

• Like 2

On 3/1/2024 at 2:16 PM, mikemack8 said:

:lol: 

GHtmSrvXAAAw3ZQ?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Haha 3

I watched it twice. I’ve listened to like 3 or 4 podcasts. I’m waiting for more. I will probably go back again in a week or so. 

My favorite part was when Paul’s quest changed to Dune 2 girls at the same time. 

Just rewatched the first one. First couple times i watched it I liked it but had no clue what was going on. I paid more attention this time and finally get it. It is a great movie. Hopefully I can get out to theaters while the second is still playing. 

16 hours ago, BFit said:

Just rewatched the first one. First couple times i watched it I liked it but had no clue what was going on. I paid more attention this time and finally get it. It is a great movie. Hopefully I can get out to theaters while the second is still playing. 

It should be in theaters for 2+ months. Your goal should be to see it while it’s still in a PREMIUM theater