Dune

DEagle7

22 hours ago, TEW said:

Reading mostly positive reviews. I'm cautiously optimistic.

I think it's going to end up being something like a visual and stylistic hit, but will probably leave fans of the book wanting a little more simply due to the difficulty of the adaptation. 

It's going to be Blade Runner 2049, but Dune, and I'm going to love every second of it.

8 minutes ago, jrsu37 said:

It's going to be Blade Runner 2049, but Dune, and I'm going to love every second of it.

I could see that. 2049 was about as good of a sequel as one could reasonably hope for.

Frankly, most of the reviews make it sound better than that, so I'm hopeful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrsu37 said:

1 hour ago, TEW said:

I could see that. 2049 was about as good of a sequel as one could reasonably hope for.

Frankly, most of the reviews make it sound better than that, so I'm hopeful.

responding to both of you. I loved the tone and vibe of 2049 so much. I bought Dune a handful of weeks back (whenever Target has Buy 2 Get 1 Free on books -- along with their price match -- I always stock up on sheet I never actually open up and rear :lol: ) and feel like I'm running out of time to start it so I can finish it before the film release. 

6 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

responding to both of you. I loved the tone and vibe of 2049 so much. I bought Dune a handful of weeks back (whenever Target has Buy 2 Get 1 Free on books -- along with their price match -- I always stock up on sheet I never actually open up and rear :lol: ) and feel like I'm running out of time to start it so I can finish it before the film release. 

It's an easy read once you get going...Depending on your free time you can fin that bad boi in a week or less. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Agent23 said:

The first book is about 500 pages. You have almost 2 months. Plenty of time. Just start reading it and you’ll finish it well ahead of time. It’s that good.

3 minutes ago, TEW said:

The first book is about 500 pages. You have almost 2 months. Plenty of time. Just start reading it and you’ll finish it well ahead of time. It’s that good.

Someone needs to create a shared google calendar or something that lists movie release dates on it

I kind of wonder how far they will take the Dune series. They’re planning 2 films for the first book. Assuming they do well, there is going to be a lot of pressure to move into the later stuff. Could we see a God Emperor of Dune?

• 1 month later...
On 9/7/2021 at 4:30 PM, TEW said:

I kind of wonder how far they will take the Dune series. They’re planning 2 films for the first book. Assuming they do well, there is going to be a lot of pressure to move into the later stuff. Could we see a God Emperor of Dune?

I feel like that's gonna be so hard to do. I'd love it and if the first movies are a hit I'm sure they'll keep milking the cow but still I have no clue how they'd pull that off. 

49 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

I feel like that's gonna be so hard to do. I'd love it and if the first movies are a hit I'm sure they'll keep milking the cow but still I have no clue how they'd pull that off. 

That’s kind of why I want to see it. Dune itself is difficult enough, but like you said they will want to milk the cow if it’s a hit.

7 hours ago, TEW said:

That’s kind of why I want to see it. Dune itself is difficult enough, but like you said they will want to milk the cow if it’s a hit.

God Emperor Leto in particular seems...challenging to say the least. 

On 9/7/2021 at 4:30 PM, TEW said:

From what I've read it looks like Villanueve is shooting to do the main book in 2 movies and a 3rd movie for Children of Dune.

7 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

This leaked early

What does this mean? Fairly certain in had its theatrical release in eastern hemisphere countries 

This movie makes the 80s movie seem rushed lol

I thought it was really good. They explained things more in this. I didn't read the books but I assume if you did that you'll like this movie

There was one thing that bothered me though

Spoiler

At the end when everyone is walking in the sand they weren't walking in that specific way. So shouldn't the worms have come for them?

15 hours ago, Agent23 said:

What does this mean? Fairly certain in had its theatrical release in eastern hemisphere countries 

1080 copy on YIFY...I have it, but not Fin watching.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jrsu37 said:

I for that Dolby cinema tickets for Thursday and it’s on HBO after so I don’t need no bootlegs either! 

• Like 1

I watched in once about a month ago in camera quality the again in HD quality this weekend.  It does make the 80s version seem rushed and maybe they should have done 2 movies instead of cramming it into one back then, but I thought there were similarities while also being different.  Overall, a better product.  Looking forward to the 2nd film.

3 hours ago, Talkingbirds said:

Tempted to watch on HBOmax today, but will wait to see in theater.

BD0716ED-658B-4EF5-AC2E-325841353563.jpeg

Picked up a projector during prime day this year.  Definitely setting it up this weekend to enjoy. 

On 10/18/2021 at 11:03 AM, jrsu37 said:

What's YIFY?

4 hours ago, Talkingbirds said:

Tempted to watch on HBOmax today, but will wait to see in theater.

BD0716ED-658B-4EF5-AC2E-325841353563.jpeg

This is a movie that I'll be re-watching a lot to see the little details