HBO Max

Gannan

On 4/2/2021 at 11:20 PM, Mike030270 said:

Finally started up on Titans. Pretty good. Don't know why I procrastinated on it

i love this show. 

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

I used to love the Godzilla movies when I was a kid. Somehow I missed out on all of these remakes. I'm going to watch them all in order. Just finished the first Godzilla with Bryan Cranston. Pretty good. Moving on to Kong Skull Island. 

It's a great string of movies, someone on Twitter put it in a really good way, IMO. They said something to the effect of the first 3 movies (Godzilla, Skull Island, KotM) being the storyline so for GvK you can just enjoy the battle without paying too much attention to the human parts.

• Like 1

Late to Harley Quinn, but awesome show. I normally don’t care for Kaley Cuocco but she does great. Show is hilarious

• Like 1

Just finished Titans season 2. That was a hell of a plot hole season ending though. Just bad writing

Spoiler

I've seen the guess explanation that Connor was too disoriented to react but that's not true. He acted fine as soon as he was done with the mind control. His whole thing is reacting spontaneously and wanting to help others

Got through all of the monster movies. Liked Godzilla vs. Kong, but thought Kong Skull Island was the best of them. 

• Like 3

On 3/30/2021 at 7:16 PM, Gannan said:

Great show. The problem was the production costs were way too high and it just got too expensive to keep making. 

just finished the series. you could tell they rushed to an end in the 2nd season. not as bad as GOT did and still overall, a really good show. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Godzilla vs Kong was terrible. I mean the action was cool, but the storyline was pure garbage. Why bother with the stranger things kid story. you could cut entirely and leave movie as is and it would still make sense for whatever passes for sense in this movie. 

• Like 2

Mare of Easttown is worth watching, if for nothing else Kate Winslet's Delco accent is killer. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, homerpat said:

Godzilla vs Kong was terrible. I mean the action was cool, but the storyline was pure garbage. Why bother with the stranger things kid story. you could cut entirely and leave movie as is and it would still make sense for whatever passes for sense in this movie. 

Screenshot_20210330-172208_Twitter.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gannan said:

Mare of Easttown is worth watching, if for nothing else Kate Winslet's Delco accent is killer. 

Definitely gonna check this out - love Kate Winslet

• Like 1

Anyone have a white bar on the right side of their tv when watching something on HBO Max?

22 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Anyone have a white bar on the right side of their tv when watching something on HBO Max?

yeah but you need a gate code to access it. 

23 hours ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

yeah but you need a gate code to access it. 

Sarcasm?

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

Sarcasm?

oh noooooooooooooo. you see i have this God given mannerism that makes anything i type sound sarcastic. 

i'm sure you understand. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

Sarcasm?

Watched Godzilla v Kong.  Cool effects, but the story is just lame.  I’m glad it was free with HBO Max. Not something I’d be paying to go see in theaters. 

On 4/5/2021 at 5:02 PM, Agent23 said:

The only hollow earth thing I didn't get was that they had some bomb daylight in there. I know that there was some energy source or whatever that Eric from Trueblood wanted to harness, but it seemed like everything was lit by sunshine lol 

Maybe EagleVA will drop in and educate us on this.  

5 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

the Nevers is pretty good so far. 

I've been waiting for someone to give this a thumbs up or down - the promos looked intriguing enough, but wanted more advanced scouting before I took the plunge.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gern Blanston said:

I've been waiting for someone to give this a thumbs up or down - the promos looked intriguing enough, but wanted more advanced scouting before I took the plunge.

only two episodes to date, but i'm in. 

• Like 2

On 4/24/2021 at 8:08 PM, DaEagles4Life said:

Maybe just me but every "blockbuster" HBO released has been underwhelming. 

Judas and the Black Messiah was the best of the bunch.

12 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Mare of Easttown fantastic so far

The second episode was extremely well done. Even better than the first. Reminds me a lot of true detective. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

yep, fantastic is a great word. Also through two episodes so far. 

Some of the Philadelphia tie ins/lingo try a LITTLE too hard, but this is still probably the best Philly area adaptation I've ever seen. Some of the general styles and personalities makes you feel like you're watching some family/old neighbors on the screen. Also, the story is intriguing enough too, with the prior missing girls case being dismissed as the current

dead girl

takes precedence. 

• Like 1

On 4/26/2021 at 10:44 PM, mikemack8 said:

on my list. 

• Like 2