EMB Blog: 2020 Regular Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Didn’t Driscoll leave the game last week with an injury? That’s the only thing I can think of. Matt pryor early in his career was actually decent at right tackle but he has not been good at anything this year

Matt Pryor early in his career played RG.  I don't remember him at RT for this team until very recently.

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Riddick is really good. The others are bad. 

Hopefully he doesn't last long and is in the Eagles FO next season

3 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Their Ben DiNucci thing was funny. The podcast episode was named "Pass the gabagoose" 😂

And on a side note: for the people who say Jeff Lurie is wise enough to make changes even if the Eagles squeak into the playoffs with 5 or 6 wins... really? The same organization that continues to run Peters and Alshon out there like they're 25 years old and in their prime? This organization has been in denial for a while now. They will not admit what's going on until it grabs them by the face and doesn't let go. They need to miss the playoffs or else they will keep doubling down on how they're a hair away from fixing everything.

I don’t think Lurie was happy last season and made changes.  He’s not going to be happy this offseason. 

Good opening series for the D.  Now let's see if the O can keep their momentum.  Maybe stay in the up tempo and let Wentz use his legs a bit?  And how about sitting Alshon and letting Fulgham have a go?

Just now, RLC said:

Javon Hargrave playing well is a really good sign both short-term and long-term. 

It is.  Hopefully his issue was that injury and as he's improved health-wise his game comes along.

8 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Totally different.   NHL and NBA went into limited sized bubbles.  The NFL is traveling cross country and trying to have a full season, not just a playoffs with a limited number of participants in a single (NBA) or twin (NHL) venues.  AND... unlike the NBA and NHL, NFL teams actually have some fans in some of the stadiums.  Complete Apples to Oranges comparison.

I get it’s completely different, but they still always try to pat themselves as hard as they can on the back. It’s comes off disingenuous 

Matt Pryor - 6'7 332 

Jordan Mailata - 6'8 346 

Can't imagine there's a team with a bigger OT combo... 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Griese is ok. Agree on Riddick.

These guys are light years better than Booger and that other buffoon.

1 minute ago, Ace Nova said:

You're right, he does.  That said, there have been players wide open in this game and missed...or not targeted....like every other game this year. 

A few. So let's bench Doug for the more than few

Just now, greend said:

Competent return by Ward

Surprised they haven’t put Reagor back there and show off that speed he supposedly has

1 minute ago, greend said:

Competent return by Ward

I'd like to see the All-22, because I think a burner takes that outside and gets much more.

1 minute ago, we_gotta_believe said:

I mean, I still disagree that he was wide open regardless, but that's not exactly being schemed open either if you're complimenting him for working back to the ball with a db on his hip. Seems like a reach.

The route/playcall put the defender in a bind to commit outside, giving Goedert and his big frame wide open space to work back to Wentz. 

That is scheming him open. 

Regardless, the post I replied to called it a terrible playcall. It obviously wasn’t. Far from it. 

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I think he's great. Him and Gruden during the draft was fantastic. 

Just now, greend said:

A few. So let's bench Doug for the more than few

...or put Hurts in and see if he can hit a few open receivers. 

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Matt Pryor early in his career played RG.  I don't remember him at RT for this team until very recently.

I vividly remember him playing tackle his rookie season for a game

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

I get it’s completely different, but they still always try to pat themselves as hard as they can on the back. It’s comes off disingenuous 

Well... of course.  But, they haven't lost any games.  Baseball did.  NCAA has.  They haven't.  For whatever it's worth.

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

Surprised they haven’t put Reagor back there and show off that speed he supposedly has

They don't want to risk getting him injured

Archived