EMB Blog: 2020 Regular Season

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Regardless... I want to see HIM out there, not Alshon.

Fulgham should be getting more targts

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Say what you will about the defense this year but they came to play tonight.  This game wouldn't be close without these defensive stops. 

Just now, ManuManu said:

I don’t think many in here were saying Fulgham was a high-end WR, let alone "everyone.”

Starter for years to come, #1 WR, stud, unstoppable, and major weapon are a few choice examples.

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

That screen play has a lot to dissect.

No one knew what their assignment was, so everything broke down.

Nitpicking here, but Wentz knew where the pressure was coming from pre-snap.  The Seahawks tipped that.  That's where Peyton Manning sits at the LOS, points at them, puts the defense on their heels, and audibles into something else.

You're just being silly now.

Jim Schwartz has called a great game. Wilson is uncomfortable and our front 4 is messing up their blocking schemes. Even the CBs are all over their routes. 

An "average" offense has us winning this game.

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

That screen play has a lot to dissect.

No one knew what their assignment was, so everything broke down.

Nitpicking here, but Wentz knew where the pressure was coming from pre-snap.  The Seahawks tipped that.  That's where Peyton Manning sits at the LOS, points at them, puts the defense on their heels, and audibles into something else.

If you have that much TIME before the play clock hits 0, that's possible.   When you don't, and you just burned a TO... then what? 

Just now, Ace Nova said:

Say what you will about the defense this year but they came to play tonight.  This game wouldn't be close without these defensive stops. 

Given the competition, it's been their best game of the season. Schwartz deserves credit. 

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Doesn't matter.  They review the whole play, as I recall.

I thought he had to say what he was challenging specifically. Maybe that was an old rule. 

Just now, ManuManu said:

I don’t think many in here were saying Fulgham was a high-end WR, let alone "everyone.”

I don’t think many of us thought he was a high end wide receiver. We thought he could be a competent starting receiver. However the Philadelphia Eagles since three weeks ago have decided they weren’t gonna throw him the ball until the fourth quarter of games. You can say that scheme and teams of caught up to him but the Eagles haven’t done jack to throw it to him until late in the game. How about getting him started early and not ignoring him for 3 quarters. I’m doubting every snap he’s not doing anything against the defender. In fact i know that’s not true cause there’s times on the all 22 he’s open 

7 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Likely gonna need a defensive score to win this.  The offense might have peaked for this game.

Okay offense it's time to prove i.p. wrong 😅

Starter for years to come, #1 WR, stud, unstoppable, and major weapon are a few choice examples.

Why don’t you just hope you’re wrong about this and move on.

Lol, sure. Everyone said those things. 

3 minutes ago, greend said:

That's it beat the ish outta him

Lmao who?

6 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

5 good consecutive games until the Eagles got Alshon back...

Fulgham is the best WR on this team.

Which is a problem in itself don’t you think?

2 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Fulgham should be getting more targts

Fulgham, Reagor, and Goedert. With Sanders running the ball

But nope that’s not gonna happen

Just now, Saltpeter said:

Wentz making the 2020 Seahawks defense look like the 2018 and 2019 Seahawks defense.

Yup it's all Wentz. 🤪

1 minute ago, RLC said:

Jim Schwartz has called a great game. Wilson is uncomfortable and our front 4 is messing up their blocking schemes. Even the CBs are all over their routes. 

An "average" offense has us winning this game.

Frankly, an 'average' offense has us at 7 wins already.  But, this isn't an average offense... and when your HC is an offensive guy, and its his system... that's an indictment on him.

1 minute ago, Saltpeter said:

Wentz making the 2020 Seahawks defense look like the 2018 and 2019 Seahawks defense.

So did Jared Goff and the Arizona cardinals the last two weeks. They were awful through the Buffalo game. The last two weeks they actually have been a competent defense. People need to stop looking at oh wow they’re really bad like 32nd in the league. The last two weeks they’ve been top 15 defense in the NFL. Now the Eagles should be looking better but it’s not as if the Seahawks have been trash the last two weeks against the Rams and the Cardinals who have better offenses 

Archived