EMB Blog: 2020 Regular Season

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, Ace Nova said:

Time to put Hurts in.  It's time, Doug, it's time. 

I don't agree. Wentz hasn't been good by any stretch but I can't put as much blame on him in this game as I did in most other games this season. That's not saying much though. 

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m not even sure if that pass isn’t block down that that play even gets completed for a first down. We are running a fourth down and 2 to Richard Rodgers. Let’s say that again we are running a fourth down and two to Richard Rodgers

Its worked better than a lot of other plays this year...

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Yup.   One first down for Seattle and it's another 3 minimum and a 2 possession game.  Which means... lights out.   Carroll won't turn down the points now to make it 11 if they get in range, especially after turning down points twice already.

The only hope is a sack fumble 

Just now, RLC said:

Don't let the batted pass confuse you.

We called a 4th down play on our side of the 50 to our #3TE.

Yep. So we ran a plate for Richard Rodgers of all people and even if that pass was not block down the corner had a play on that ball. So it was not a high percentage play to get you the first down nor the player you want to run that with

Just now, RLC said:

Don't let the batted pass confuse you.

We called a 4th down play on our side of the 50 to our #3TE.

Does it really matter?  Our #3 TE is about as reliable as any other number they might dial up.  Aside from Goedert, who probably has half their defense keyed in on him, there's really no other guy worth forcing it to.

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

There's our all-pro #1 running his route short of the sticks on 3rd down.

You do know that the fulgoat moniker was tongue in cheek, right? That it's not some revelation that he's not, in fact, the greatest receiver of all time after all.

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Its worked better than a lot of other plays this year...

If I’m going to run that play I’m running up with either Dallas Goedert or I’m gonna try to get reagor in motion and use his speed against the defense to pick up those 2 yards

Just now, BDawk_ASamuel said:

I like Singleton. 

Lol LBs been so bad that we’re impressed by this. Kind of sad and funny 

Just now, BDawk_ASamuel said:

I like Singleton. 

Same. Call me crazy but I like the combo of him and Edwards

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yep. So we ran a plate for Richard Rodgers of all people and even if that pass was not block down the corner had a play on that ball. So it was not a high percentage play to get you the first down nor the player you want to run that with

Meh. It’s a relatively easy throw and catch at the sticks. Wentz stared it down and Wright was in the correct spot. 

1 minute ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Seems to be personal with you

Not at all, I just choose to disproportionately critique anyone whom I think the masses have the most wildly overrated opinion of.

Damn.  Helluva catch by Metcalf with Slay draped over him.  Must be nice to have a WR like that.

Archived