Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

42 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So what do people make of the QB coach hire in relation to Wentz? I think there are a couple of ways to look it. On the one hand we can read it like there's nothing really to the Hurts link. So he tried to recruit Hurts out of High School and has an established relationship with the player. Does that mean Wentz won't get a look in? No it doesn't. But at the same time I think there is something to this. I mean he has known Hurts since Hurts was 4/5 years old? I can't imagine the hire has gone over too well with Wentz on a personal level? And if it was the other way around and the new QB coach had a long term relationship with Wentz then I think people would be making something of that.

I think it’s more about people trying to manufacture a story where none exists. College coaches likely come across hundreds, in not thousands of kids throughout their time. I doubt there’s that personal a connection. 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I think it’s more about people trying to manufacture a story where none exists. College coaches likely come across hundreds, in not thousands of kids throughout their time. I doubt there’s that personal a connection. 

Even though he tried to recruit him out of High School? And has known him since he was 4/5 years old? I agree to some extent that people (and the media) will try to manufacture a story but I think if it were the other way around people would make it out as a big positive for Wentz.

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Even though he tried to recruit him out of High School? And has known him since he was 4/5 years old? I agree to some extent that people (and the media) will try to manufacture a story but I think if it were the other way around people would make it out as a big positive for Wentz.

It wouldn’t raise very many eyebrows if Carson was a more secure and self-assured individual but it appears that’s not the case. Hard to not think Carson would be uncomfortable with the guy based on what we know of Carson.

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He coached Kyle Trask as well, who I believe is more of a Wentz style QB. Has anything been said about that? 

9 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And it would be just as ridiculous to do so. Is Hurts the only player he ever tried to recruit? The only one he knew from a young age?

13 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

A few extremists , maybe....just like there are a few extremists (fueled by media speculation) making it a big deal against Carson now.  Those on either side are only pushing out an agenda. 

Really, most posters here are pretty level, even, middle of the road posters that wouldn't read anything into that hire.

13 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

He coached Kyle Trask as well, who I believe is more of a Wentz style QB. Has anything been said about that? 

Doesn't help strengthen the agenda.  Can you imagine how many kids a college recruiter and coach comes across in a career?

11 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

And it would be just as ridiculous to do so. Is Hurts the only player he ever tried to recruit? The only one he knew from a young age?

Only people making everything a big deal are the people on this board

I could give Wentz another shot but all the messaging indicates that this situation will resolve itself otherwise.  I think that a fresh start is in the best interest of all at this point.  Maybe get a draft pick out of it and hopefully it's not an Osweiler to Cleveland situation. 

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Only people making everything a big deal are the people on this board

Probably. I’m sure WIP has their like-minded callers lol. 

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Probably. I’m sure WIP has their like-minded callers lol. 

Well yeah wip is ridiculous too lol

23 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

I believe on the BwF podcast they talked about how he had coached Trask and done a very very good job. I haven't heard many talk about the style of Hurts vs Wentz though and how that may factor in.

18 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I was just asking the question to see what people made of it. I can see it from both sides.

11 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

A few extremists , maybe....just like there are a few extremists (fueled by media speculation) making it a big deal against Carson now.  Those on either side are only pushing out an agenda. 

Really, most posters here are pretty level, even, middle of the road posters that wouldn't read anything into that hire.

Agreed. As soon as I saw the hire and heard about the link with Hurts I thought "that's going to become a story but I really don't think it is one". I was just interested to see what people thought.

18 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Hurts doesn't need a coach to teach him how to run, he's already pretty good at that. A QB coach teaches these guys how to be a better QB, which I feel like is fairly universal regardless of the style of QB they've had in the past. 

10 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Agreed. As soon as I saw the hire and heard about the link with Hurts I thought "that's going to become a story but I really don't think it is one". I was just interested to see what people thought.

It's only a story to get clicks and to fuel the local rage against Wentz.  Remember, the local media (and a few posters here) are in so deep that all they can do is keep double and tripling down on this silliness.  This fan base obsesses over the craziest stuff.

On 1/28/2021 at 5:17 PM, EazyEaglez said:

The best part about all of this is the excuses are no more. We can’t blame the coaches anymore for Carson stinking it up. It’s put up or shut up time. On a side note if people think Eagles fans are going to be angry if Wentz steps up and plays well then you’re kind of clueless. All of us want to see the Eagles do well. The Eagles quarterback doing well is good for the Eagles. 

I swear, they simply can't seem to grasp this simple point. We WANT the Eagles to win, no matter who is behind center.....

7 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

I swear, they simply can't seem to grasp this simple point. We WANT the Eagles to win, no matter who is behind center.....

Nobody has trouble grasping that. 

Just now, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Nobody has trouble grasping that. 

No? I don't know....according to this board, you are either a Wentz apologist or a hater...no in between. I personally think Wentz is done but if they were to give him another chance at starting, I wouldn't hate it, especially with how much is invested in him. I just have seen the downward trend as well as the issues that were already there and feel like this is who he is but again....if the FO and the new coach wants to see if they can turn him around, I am all for it. I really do not want to have to suffer through another season like we have just seen....

1 hour ago, Thrive said:

It wouldn’t raise very many eyebrows if Carson was a more secure and self-assured individual but it appears that’s not the case. Hard to not think Carson would be uncomfortable with the guy based on what we know of Carson.

:rolleyes: Just what do you "know about Carson"? Not a damn thing, that's what. Here's what I know about Carson from watching the Eagles play. He's a hell of a competitor and willing to lay it all on the line for his team mates. This I saw with my own eyes not by reading some b.s. manufactured by non reporters.

Whether it's here or somewhere else Carson will have a chance to start again so I doubt very highly that he's afraid of some 2nd round, 2nd string, guy or the coach that's known him since he was 4 or 5 and tried to recruit him but couldn't (great relationship there evidently)

31 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Sorry, maybe you do want that but guys who absolutely refuse to allow anyone to stand up and say Wentz wasn't the only problem this year without accusing people of being "Wentz washers" like the guy you quoted, well , they want only to get rid of Wentz. End of story with them.

12 minutes ago, greend said:

:rolleyes: Just what do you "know about Carson"? Not a damn thing, that's what. Here's what I know about Carson from watching the Eagles play. He's a hell of a competitor and willing to lay it all on the line for his team mates. This I saw with my own eyes not by reading some b.s. manufactured by non reporters.

Whether it's here or somewhere else Carson will have a chance to start again so I doubt very highly that he's afraid of some 2nd round, 2nd string, guy or the coach that's known him since he was 4 or 5 and tried to recruit him but couldn't (great relationship there evidently)

Fair enough. I keep forgetting we live in a world where nobody trusts the media anymore. 

40 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

No? I don't know....according to this board, you are either a Wentz apologist or a hater...no in between. I personally think Wentz is done but if they were to give him another chance at starting, I wouldn't hate it, especially with how much is invested in him. I just have seen the downward trend as well as the issues that were already there and feel like this is who he is but again....if the FO and the new coach wants to see if they can turn him around, I am all for it. I really do not want to have to suffer through another season like we have just seen....

There are a couple of extreme posters pushing that Wentz Hater vs. Wentz Washer garbage and constantly going over-the-top about it.  There is one that is on the attack 24/7 (you quoted him) using those labels constantly.  Most people readily admit that he didn't play well enough this year and that he needs to improve. The disagreement is about the "stay or go" decision.  Some believe it's in the best interest of the team to stick it out with Wentz (me) and some think that he isn't worth the effort or time and want to move on.  That's how the labels are used.  There are two sides to the argument about who provides the best opportunity to win from behind center.

Add: there seems to be way more labelling as a Wentz Washer going on, because the squeakiest wheel likes to stoke the division and call people out for not agreeing with him.   Just my take.

3 minutes ago, Thrive said:

Fair enough. I keep forgetting we live in a world where nobody trusts the media anymore. 

And for good reason. The media doesn't just report the news anymore. They try and make the news.

Isn’t it fair to say the lack of talent on offense, combined with Dougs play calling, and Wentz’s poor play led to the Eagles bad season?  
 I don’t understand where the Wentz vs Pederson stuff came from, I can’t believe Wentz completely fell out with Pederson  just over play calling.  The coach did leave Wentz as the starter longer than most coaches would have, you would think the opposite would be true. 

Obviously Doug and the FO had issues, but Carson having issues with either doesn’t seem right, he could be a little pissed they drafted Hurts instead of getting him another playmaker but he shouldn’t of carried that with him all year.  Even Jenkins said Doug protected Carson too long, meaning the coach and the QB should be fine. 

6 minutes ago, greend said:

And for good reason. The media doesn't just report the news anymore. They try and make the news.

It's just one huge editorial after another.  

19 minutes ago, greend said:

Sorry, maybe you do want that but guys who absolutely refuse to allow anyone to stand up and say Wentz wasn't the only problem this year without accusing people of being "Wentz washers" like the guy you quoted, well , they want only to get rid of Wentz. End of story with them.

But see.....that is the problem. Alot of people don't seem to see wentz was one of the MAIN problems last year. So yeah, I really don't see a need to stick with him other than his contract because it just seems he is on a downward trend and has been for years. So why stick with a guy who has already reached his ceiling?? Like I said in another post, I wouldn't necessarily hate it if he is named the starter going forward IF he can be fixed but if not....we are in for some trouble.

Archived